Which athlete would you have want to see most if not for a career changing/ending type of injury?

frown.gif

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Len Bias - he didn't really have a career ending injury, he died of a cocaine overdose when he was 23 years old. but yes he would have been an absolute baller in the NBA, it's very sad... there's not too many players who were legitimately compared to MJ coming into the league...

THIS.

Either people are too young on here to know, or figure that an OD isnt an injury. One of the two.

Bo Jackson in regards to career ending.

But in regards to life ending?

No question, Len Bias and Sean Taylor. R.I.P.

I wish Shawn Kemp wouldnt have impregnated 10% of the female population then turned into an overweight alcoholic dope fiend, and of course Bo Jackson

Cwebb had his glory days ..of course they were cut short..but...i mean he never totally fell off like Penny..
injuries are a shame tho...its just bad luck and people giving u the evil eye. it makes me sick when people wish injury on players that they dislike..

Wait I thought Warrick being out of the league had more to do with him not being able to run crisp routes than injury
Anyways
Grant Hill
Tracy Mcgrady
Penny (to see what all the hype was about)
LT (would've been nice to see him demolish the record books)
Barry Sanders (could a team be seen as a career ending injury, then again seeing how bad the Lions were it should be)

Safe to say that this one for me is Bo Jackson. I would love to see where he ended up among the greats after a full and lengthy career.

Bo Jackson...easily. Griffey has still had an unbelievable HOF career. he might get more votes than anyone ever...possibly the first ever unanimousselection.

only one player comes to mind and that's Grant Hill, I'm just glad I was able to watch plenty of Pistons games back when he was an emerging star ...

To dude who said Theismann...nah, he was old already and alot of people knew he was done...the injury (as cruel as it sounds) made it easy for the Skins tomove on.

My selection :

lavar-arrington-092607_feature.jpg

(His ego didn't help either
laugh.gif
)

Antonio McDyess. Dude was no joke. He made the ASG as a Nugget in '01, when the Nuggets were bad.

Peter Forsberg. One of the most gifted players I've ever seen on the ice. Had a great HOF career but could have been a lot better. Thigh injury, a badspleen injury and the following surgery, broken hand, ankle surgery, groin injury and his foot injury.

Extremely overrated, but he'll never develop fully. First the wrist, then the knees.
greg-oden-02.jpg

frown.gif

250px-Mark_Prior.jpg

I know he had a great career, but he still had some left in the tank...
priest-holmes.jpg

For me it has got to be Penny and Grant Hill.
I remember MJ retiring and these guys were being hyped as the next best thing for the NBA.
Too bad for the injuries tho.

Back
Top Bottom