Where should I get a job?

I am 15, and am on the hunt for a job. I am very into sneakers ( mostly Nike and Jordans but there are a few Adidas I like) So would a place like Footlocker or Champs be a good place to work? Is it a fun job or is it miserable? Please explain why or why not.

Miserable. It's front line retail. But you can still make the best of it, and you will be around shoes all day. Employee discounts or what not.

I like the interest in working at such a young age... I think you have to be at least 16, though.

Good luck, kid.

I worked at a movie theater at 16. I was a *****. Taking tickets, doing concessions. But I got free movie tickets for my friends and fam. :nthat:

Last edited:
Get a job at a restaurant. In a year you'll be serving tables making bank, and gaining real life valuable customer facing experience that you'll be able to use to your advantage when you start interviewing for your career job.

My first job was when I was at 15 and it was strictly for a paycheck. I worked all throughout my four years of high school and those low-level retail jobs won't do anything for you when you start applying for schools. I only started interning during my junior year and by then, I realized I missed out on many opportunities that would've helped my college applications immensely. At least three years of internships would greatly benefit you in terms of experience and put you far ahead of your peers when you apply. Plus, internships nowadays will consider paying you as well.

Trust me, seek out internships EARLY and your high school should have plenty of resources to help lead you in the right direction. Retail jobs pay you minimum wage and I'm going to assume you'll be spending that on more sneakers and clothing. Hope this info helps you but I don't know your situation so do what's best for you.

i work at my dads in the weekends and somedays after school. mainly filing, checking e-mails and other office work
smokin.gif
one of my friend also works a few hrs every other weekend so it pretty cool. at first it will be very hard to get up early every weekend but you will get used to it. working retail will get you discount but its hard to get jobs if ur 14-16 + school
ohwell.gif

Start selling candy in  school...buy low bulk and sell high on the small scale.

I worked at a movie theater at 16. I was a *****. Taking tickets, doing concessions. But I got free movie tickets for my friends and fam.
nthat.gif
saturdays where the worst days...they'd start you at the concession spot making those kid combos with all the popcorn then move you to theater clean up only to find all the popcorn on the floor.

Push weight. Easy money + yambs will be endless

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom