When Will It Stop?!

i hope nike or JB can make a sturdier sole that doesn't crumble but w/ the same lightness.

Originally Posted by SenorDragon

laugh.gif
Someone needs to make a site for shoes like this along the lines of wreckedexotics.com, where it just shows a bunch exploding midsoles. Too many pics like this recently.

I feel you on that one. There would be a lot to look at. Its just about that time where most of our beloved shoes reach that 17-20 yr mark and they begin to crumble. I have that same pair of OGs wrapped and sealed and I am not even gonna bother ever taking it off. I can see the cracks through the plastic. its the only thing holding the potential crumbs in place.
tired.gif

so is it good to ziplock your kicks? ive been thinking about this because my shoes are starting to yellow... i just leave them in the box with the paper inside like i originally bought them... and i store it in my closet with the door shut

Originally Posted by you go boy

so is it good to ziplock your kicks? ive been thinking about this because my shoes are starting to yellow... i just leave them in the box with the paper inside like i originally bought them... and i store it in my closet with the door shut
I'd say don't zip them up because it blocks the air from entering them and will make the shoe easier to crumble when you wear it. The best thing to do would be to just clean up the shoes and their soles then put them back into the box.

o god i have kicks in air tight bags, if this ever happens i dont even know..i wear my stuff though

Funny thing about my recent situation: I pulled out a pair of black/metallic 2000 5's that i wore about 10 times last week. i wore them for about 1 hour, when i notice a big chunk of the midsole under the nike air in the back fell out out from the right shoe.

i said uh oh....

30 minutes later, same happened to the left shoe.

then i was hurting.

I put them back in the box.

Pulled out my deadstock pair, and have been wearing them ever since. its usually the other way around.

i unDS's a pair of black 99 4's last year, and they've been excellent ever since.

As long as you wear/have worn your kicks, at some point...at least you get some kind of joy from them.

Back
Top Bottom