When was the last time the NBA playoff field was this wide open?

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Lakers vs. Heat

Kobe vs. LeBron

Please let it happen so NT can explode.

I have been waiting for this for what feels like 5 years
laugh.gif

got a feeling it will be OKC MIA but something about the playoffs that scare me about westbrook.When the games slow down and turn into halfcourt grind it out games, I see westbrook having problems. If Kobe realizes that gasol and bynum are maychup nightmares and he feeds them enough I think the lakers can make it out of the finals.

OKC/Chicago or OKC/Miami are the two most likely matchups and would be extremely entertaining.

Weird, I actually thought about how we could see a possible Lakers/Celtics Finals again. I would never ever put $ on that happening, but with a 82-game season you really don't know who's sitting in the weeds waiting to turn it on for the playoffs.

Love the way the season is turning out
smokin.gif

Memphis will be dangerous in the West & OKC is always dangerous. I'd like to see them matchup with Miami in the finals, but Chicago will give them a run. Im liking all the teams that are stepping up this season too that aren't usually making noise around this time.

The race for those last couple spots in the east too
smokin.gif

In the west it is either the Lakers or OKC (my pick is OKC
frown.gif
) with Memphis being a possible spoiler to one of those teams.. (No I don't think Memphis has a 1% shot at the Finals.. So if they draw the Thunder in the Second Round, and upset them, the Lakers are in the finals, and vice versa) Spurs are a very good team, with a great coach, but their roster has severe deficiencies to beat the Lakers or Thunder.. Not saying they can't but it doesn't look like a great chance.

In the East it will be the Bulls or Heat... But I honestly expect NYK or Bos to possibly upset the Heat in a 7 game series.. If Boston moves to the 3 seed, and Heat play NYK then Bos.. Then the Bulls in the Conference Finals, clear advantage goes to the Bulls..

Originally Posted by MaxElite

Lakers vs. Heat

Kobe vs. LeBron

Please let it happen so NT can explode.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I want this also, nike will go crazy with advertisements 
laugh.gif

PERFECT Finals.
smokin.gif

WCF = thunder and spurs
ECF = bulls and heat

Finals = thunder beat heat

I would really like to see Nash get the 8 spot and take out the spurs. Either way it doesnt matter cause the thunder are gonna be in the finals. This is anything but wide open

On a related note, I'm looking forward to a knicks/heat first round (or 2nd round if NYK gets the 6th seed)

Melo/Lebron would be extremely entertaining

That Espn article has the same 7 teams id pick as well

Ultimately I think miami seals the deal this year but they have their share of question marks.

The field is open though. Miami, Chicago, and OKC are the favorites.

The Lakers are lurking around and are the wild card of the bunch to me. If they get hot and play their best basketball, Kobe, Bynum, and Pau with a decent point guard will give teams nightmares. The Lakers size advantage will be big for them in the playoffs

The Spurs and Celtics can't be counted out and the Grizzlies are a matchup nightmare.

It's going to be a fun may/June

Last month I thought Miami and OKC were locks but with Miami picking and choosen when they wont to play I wouldnt be surprised if the Bulls make the finals. My Lakers are locked in now too.

I really believe it's going to be Lakers vs Celtics round 3 in the rubber match.
People saying it would be boring are the fans in the small markets like OKC & San Antonio
laugh.gif

When everyone else & Stern know that TV ratings would be through the roof again like in 2008 & 2010 Finals.

Bulls aren't making it without a 100% healthy Derrick Rose. Heat will find a way to choke again. But mainly I just agree how Oscar Robertson said in a interview "The Heat's big 3 will never win a championship together as long as Joel Anthony is their starting center". Also Bosh is softer than Gasol and is the softest PF in the league and the Heat still have crappy PG's.

Spurs & Thunder don't have the size to match up with the Lakers. OKC's fast run & gun high scoring offense works in the regular season but come playoff time and especially in a 7 game series teams make adjustments and know how to slow teams down like this. See what happened to the Suns during their heyday when Nash was winning MVP's and a lot of people thought their style would get them to the Finals.

Originally Posted by DMV is RNB

I still feel like it's going to be Knicks v. Lakers in the Finals...

How dope would that be...
And dudes talking about its not an open field....then listing the Grizzlies and the 5th youngest team in the L, who got schooled by a veteran team in last seasons WCF. 

There are no heavy favorites this post-season. Every team has flaws and obstacles that they need to overcome on the fly.

Like the ESPN article says:

Is seven enough?

Seven teams capable of winning it all?

Works for me.

Heading into the playoffs believing that nearly half the tournament field has what it takes to win a championship, as I do, makes me think we're in for the sort of surprise-filled postseason we always root for.

In any case...

tumblr_liebpzbCOv1qdkf2k.gif

The last time it was this wide open prior to the playoffs was MJ's retirement years.
Think about it.
Who do I think is gone make it?
No clue.
Bron and Wade are trying to collect their energy. Rose is trying to get healthy, Boston is trying to find the fountain of youth and its being supplied.
OKC is trying to find a way to get Ibaka consistent scoring in double figures again. Lakers trying to figure out if Yolo is gone work, Spurs trying to stay healthy and Memphis is trying to figure out if the abundance of #2 and #3 options they have can work.

Back
Top Bottom