When searching and applying for a new job, which part get's you annoyed the most?

Honestly folks, I was there for what seemed like an eternity, it was only six months, and what I've gathered from the whole interview process is this: its really tedious, and basically the only way you will get noticed is if you went to a TOP TOP school, or you know someone.. not only is it enough to know someone these days though, they have to show an active interest in helping you. I have 2 jobs currently and both were jobs i had to apply to numerous jobs, and both jobs i was immediately hired after i found the right person to get the info to. Its not even a question of how qualified you are anymore.. if a good person puts in a good word, you're in

Heading to the interviews and looking at all the fake !@% people beat you and get hired, while staring you down for showing up.
30t6p3b.gif

Heading to the interviews and looking at all the fake !@% people beat you and get hired, while staring you down for showing up.
30t6p3b.gif

-trying to follow up and never hear from them
-uploading resume and then manually typing it in as well
-finding out the position is filled 2 weeks before you applied
-finding out that you are better than half the people in that company
-phone interviews

-trying to follow up and never hear from them
-uploading resume and then manually typing it in as well
-finding out the position is filled 2 weeks before you applied
-finding out that you are better than half the people in that company
-phone interviews

I hate it all! I hate not knowing what the problem is and not knowing how to solve it. I hate thinking that my education is not enough. I hate thinking that I need several years of experience + education just to get a basic entry level position. The whole process is a cluster *@%$!!!

I hate it all! I hate not knowing what the problem is and not knowing how to solve it. I hate thinking that my education is not enough. I hate thinking that I need several years of experience + education just to get a basic entry level position. The whole process is a cluster *@%$!!!

The part where you have to submit applications to HR that might not even make it through even if you have a helping hand on the inside.

The part where you have to submit applications to HR that might not even make it through even if you have a helping hand on the inside.

Originally Posted by DJ Sphinx

in a way, all that does is keep people in the retail field because after a while, the higher ups know we don't want to deal with that retail $%@* anymore.

Originally Posted by DJ Sphinx

in a way, all that does is keep people in the retail field because after a while, the higher ups know we don't want to deal with that retail $%@* anymore.

The part where you are at questionnaire during the application on the library computer (posting from iPhone) and having to hear the fat dude right next to you breath hard while he creeps on Facebook . Then after you finish the questionaire you get the " sorry, but this position does not seem like the right fit for you" ... Smh BANK OF AMERICA application...

The part where you are at questionnaire during the application on the library computer (posting from iPhone) and having to hear the fat dude right next to you breath hard while he creeps on Facebook . Then after you finish the questionaire you get the " sorry, but this position does not seem like the right fit for you" ... Smh BANK OF AMERICA application...

getting to the interview on time, but having to wait like an hour for the hr manager to be not busy for you lol. the whole schpfeel about " well call you next week" bs. srsly man !%$ is up with the jobs economy. i been applying since last june smh

getting to the interview on time, but having to wait like an hour for the hr manager to be not busy for you lol. the whole schpfeel about " well call you next week" bs. srsly man !%$ is up with the jobs economy. i been applying since last june smh

Not being able to just go in and fill out an app/talk to the manager...everything HAS to be done online +%%* is weak.

Me: Hi I was wondering if you were hiring/if I could have an application

Them: Look online

indifferent.gif
mad.gif

Not being able to just go in and fill out an app/talk to the manager...everything HAS to be done online +%%* is weak.

Me: Hi I was wondering if you were hiring/if I could have an application

Them: Look online

indifferent.gif
mad.gif

The feeling that, after all the resumes and applications, you'll never find a job.

*#@! sucks balls.
30t6p3b.gif

The feeling that, after all the resumes and applications, you'll never find a job.

*#@! sucks balls.
30t6p3b.gif

I honestly take not getting called back as straight disrespect.

I know alot of people apply but at least call and tell me no. i do this 45-90 min app and then nothing but a confirmation email which is equivalent to a participation trophy.

Damn, hire me as the dude who calls people and tells them no, gotta be plenty of people to call!!!!

Just thinking about this makes my blood boil.

I honestly take not getting called back as straight disrespect.

I know alot of people apply but at least call and tell me no. i do this 45-90 min app and then nothing but a confirmation email which is equivalent to a participation trophy.

Damn, hire me as the dude who calls people and tells them no, gotta be plenty of people to call!!!!

Just thinking about this makes my blood boil.

Back
Top Bottom