When Michael Jordan dies, will he get the same treatment as MJ?

only if he dies right now or soon. if michael jackson died 20 years from now or so it wouldnt have been as big as it was now.

Originally Posted by JStar25

Nope.

Michael Jackson was truly the very best at what he did, can't even make an argument about someone being better than Jackson.
nerd.gif

Michael Jordan is arguably the best at what he did. I say that because if you bounce on over to the Sports Topic here on Niketalk and ask who's the best basketball player ever you will get a few different names tossed out and a BIG TIME argument will ensue. (for the record I think Jordan was the best ever.)

Also I don't think Jordan is the second biggest pop icon in the world.
eyes.gif
i disagree. if you bring up a greatest artist of all time debate (well, if you brought it up three weeks ago
eyes.gif
), there will be even more disagreements than in the greatest basketball playerof all time debate. that is ridiculously short-sighted to say that you can't make an argument for someone being better than Michael Jackson.

and some of you guys are underestimating Jordan's worldwide impact. there were little children in African villages who knew the name "MichaelJordan"

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

Originally Posted by JStar25

Nope.

Michael Jackson was truly the very best at what he did, can't even make an argument about someone being better than Jackson.
nerd.gif

Michael Jordan is arguably the best at what he did. I say that because if you bounce on over to the Sports Topic here on Niketalk and ask who's the best basketball player ever you will get a few different names tossed out and a BIG TIME argument will ensue. (for the record I think Jordan was the best ever.)

Also I don't think Jordan is the second biggest pop icon in the world.
eyes.gif
i disagree. if you bring up a greatest artist of all time debate (well, if you brought it up three weeks ago
eyes.gif
), there will be even more disagreements than in the greatest basketball player of all time debate. that is ridiculously short-sighted to say that you can't make an argument for someone being better than Michael Jackson.

and some of you guys are underestimating Jordan's worldwide impact. there were little children in African villages who knew the name "Michael Jordan"

nope, people are by far over-estimating michael jordan's worldwide impact. here in europe i have never heard him be discussed, and i see him as arguablythe best basketball player of all time, THATS IT. he's not known for charity work or for reaching out to people worldwide. In fact, he would never havecome into my mind as a pop icon. i swear people here on NT like to over-exaggerate - like putting michael jordan as one of the top 5/10 american icons
laugh.gif

why should michael jordan get any special recognition over other great athletes? surely tiger woods, wayne gretzky or any number of global football (soccer)icons should be thought of in the same way?

I cant believe this thread is still kickin.. I posted back on page One and thought it would die after a couple.. ANYWAY I cameback in to read some comments and wow some people are riding the Jack wagon really hard, YES I realize that he just passed recently and memorial services wereyesterday and the world is still living in the moment. BUT you cant act like Jacksons death will blow everyones out of the water. You all forget that YES he internationally was well loved across the globe mainly for the music but dont count out the fact that the MEDIA alreadyis talking bout his allegations and charges. Jordans legacy doesnt have anything near those kind of charges that will blemish what he has done and who he is asa person. Lets say in 10-15 years down the road when Michael Jackson is brought up, he will be talked about for all the things hes done sure but trust me, weknow the media wont let anyone forget all his charges either along with it- look at them now, the man barely got put to rest and the media didnt give him achance to be burried yet and they were talkin bout his charges. Jordan has what "cheating on his wife" to talk about? that isnt anywhere near themagnitude of shame from society as child molestation so the sports world isnt the only place where Jordan left a huge difference, I think if it came to that inthe future then the media wont bash Jordan as much as they already have done with Jackson... but I say again... lets just let the man live!!

Wow Dieing must be a new Fad, (pause) Maybe we all should do it someday.

Since Michael Jackson was the first person 2 ever die in the history of mankind,SMH (No the way they are playing it out to be)

Idgaf about Micheal Jackson. He aint affected my life when he was here an he damn sure don't now that he's gone.

NOW Michael Jordan is a true Icon.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

No.

I said this in another thread...everyone isn't into sports, politics, movies...but most everyone can honestly say that they are fans of music.

Besides, Jordan has no real connection with his fans on a personal level.
pimp.gif

NO.
Jordan doesn't care about the world. He is an ignorant and selfish individual.

I love what Jordan did on the court, he inspired countless ppl because of what he did ON the court. I've never met him IRL but pretty much everyone who wasclose to him, describe him as a person hard to handle. Plus, when was the last time you heard about Jordan donating %+!* ton of money to the poors like Jacksondid? he is nowhere compared to Jackson from a perspective of humanitarianism

Unless Jordan dies within these next 10 years I dont see it being a huge thing...While I dont believe anything will ever compare to what we saw for MichaelJackson, if Jordan was to die soon the memorials would be rediculous, but I honestly dont see money dying anytime soon, he gonna be around basketball till hein his 80s when cats is wondering what he doing on tv word to Dr J

eyes.gif

jb_500_575.jpg

James R. Jordan Boys and Girls Club and Family Life Center

UNCF/College Fund

Special Olympics

Michael Jordan Charity International Golf Tournament.

Ronald McDonald Houses of North Carolina

etc..

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

eyes.gif

jb_500_575.jpg

James R. Jordan Boys and Girls Club and Family Life Center

UNCF/College Fund

Special Olympics

Michael Jordan Charity International Golf Tournament.

Ronald McDonald Houses of North Carolina

etc..

Thank you.

Jordan may be an %%# hole, but he's done his fair share of charitable work, most which is not even talked about.

Originally Posted by eye see soles

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

No

Music > basketball

as far as influence

& the # of people influenced
This may or may not be true.

Yes, athletes were influenced by Jordan, but he also influenced people who never picked up a basketball, or bought his product.
thats what im sayin.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by moe200069

i dont think people cried/became hysterical watching Jordan play...
you must've not seen da dream team in 92'
whereas i'll admit that the dream team was an incredible assembly of some of basketball's greatest, i'd argue (and correct me ifi'm wrong) that fans rooted for/watched the entire team, not just MJ. the collection of players itself was what garnered the team so much attention.

michael jackson, on the other hand, was a single entity that could singlehandedly entertain any crowd. nevertheless, this isnt to take away from what Jordandid on and off the court, comparing his fame/contribution/legacy with Michael Jackson is like comparing apples and oranges.

Back
Top Bottom