When 2 say when

you'll never stop even though you stop buying for a while theres always going to be a new shoe you'll want

Luckily I now have all the shoes I've wanted since I was a kid... too many in fact, so I have to sell some.

everyone says they're done but there is always that 1 release that will bring you back LOL so in the words on j671 "you'll be back"

Ever since I picked up the retro XII wht/reds, I've felt like my interest in the shoe world has diminished significantly. Like, acquiring a high quality release that also happens to be my fav J of all time has kinda killed my drive, almost as if every other shoe was just a place-holder for it...

Oh, and the Haiti thing has me second guessing every single purchase, from food and water to clothing and music. There's a voice in the back of my head that says, more loudly than ever before, "do you really need to be buying this?"... just can't get the images of all those suffering people out of my head...

I dunno, I still appreciate shoes, but have less desire than ever before to actually acquire any more kicks...

jordans lost their fun and appeal for me once high school was over(2003) and there was never a real opportunity to wear them... but i didnt realize this until very recently

though i will say, i bought more jordans after high school then ever before ? why? i had a real job, could finally afford those jordans i had always wanted since i was little kid.. then i went on a massive spree and got every jordan i possibly could. now finally after stacking 50 pairs of j's i just step back and look at them and think how nice they look.. i cant bring myself to wear any of them, not one pair.

i dont go to the clubs and if i did i def wouldnt wear my nice !*#% there. im not going to wear them to casually walk around kroger or to the park or to go hoop in.. so i think what is the point of having all these shoes i know that ill never wear. just to look at them everyday and think damn maybe i should wear them. you put them on and think man i dont want to get these icey soles dirty or i dont want to put creases in thhis nice suede....

if i was in highschool and i had this amount of shoes i would be in dream world and wouldhave a totally different opinion. now that i have two little kids and i bust my !@% everyday.. they seem pointless to own

you see the avatar.. crispy vn or completely ds xi's and all i can do is admire them.. i hate it!

i just cant convince myself to wear a pair of colombia xi's that dont have yellow soles or patent leather? you know youre lucky to have a pair of those that have no yellowing...

or that pair of ds SJ from 2000 with soles icier than 2009 models... HOW DO YOU WEAR THAT ? lol...

I bought J's as a kid growing up with money I'd get for chores, bday's chirstmas, etc. I'd save and save and save until I could afford to buy them. Then in high school when I cold work I was able to buy more. A few years after high school I got into "lazy" mode and didn't buy as many, I still kept up with the culture but wasn't able to spend as much money in the "real world". Once I got a high paying job and could afford what I wanted and started buying them as I wanted and at the same time filling in gaps from when I couldn't buy the ones I wanted. I'm 26 now and don't see myself stopping anytime soon. That is until something BIG happens, like getting married or having kids, then I'll probably buy my kids J's....LOL

You make it seem likes it's a life threatening decision.

Its a hobbie, so what if you miss a few releases, big deal.

Just because you don't wait in lines anymore doesn't mean anything.

Dudes acting like they're getting a divorce or something serious.

Originally Posted by gyeah

That is until something BIG happens, like getting married or having kids, then I'll probably buy my kids J's....LOL

yea i havnt bought a pair of j's for myself since i got the aquas for like 89 on eastbay...

but i got both my daughters the new SJ that came out and it felt better than any pair of jordans i ever bought for myself.. its their turn now im DONE

just buy what you want...lay low keep an eye out for your favorites, then when they come out, remember your niketalk password and come to complain about the quality!

i really think its all about what you want, the minute you do or dont do something because of the way you are perceived then stop doing it. make yourself happy everyone else can suck it as far as im concerned

when i get a 3 pairs of every single one of my most beloved jay (which are too many) one to ball in, one for casual wear and one to keep in the fridge. so that means its not any time soon for me

It's never enough cus shoes get OLD, YELLOW & BEAT... you'll always want A fresh pair to go with a new pair of jeans, shirt or jacket!! How are u goin to be wearin new gear and not have ur shoe game game on point..

ive been buying/trading not necessarily collecting since i was 18. now im 21, and all i want to do is wear whatever i get. i will probably stop when i get my grails as well

When you're broke and in Comma!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Probably if you've got someone to pass the legacy of collecting

Originally Posted by rojanjon

When you start to question yourself, that's your cue to stop.

thats true right there! I think when you feel its not worth the time or the money and its played out for you than give it up because there is a point in everyones life where there is more important things like spending your money on your family or getting a house just $%@% like that.

I just turned 33. I only rock the classics....3's, 4's, 5's and 6's..they were the shoes when i was in middle school/ freshman in high school...they are timeless to me...

At one point i had all 23 jays and multiple pairs..just went through and sold bout 50 pairs on ebay..jordans nikes and lebrons, etc. took the money and bought myself a Yamaha VStar classic motorcycle. You want different things at different points in life.

i was like many of you on this board..had all the pairs in boxes and was satisfied..but then i saw that i was depriving myself of things i wanted cause i had so many damn shoes. I couldn't make more money to get some of the things I wanted and still save, so I had to let some heat go. Sold my 2000 space jams and got me the Ipod 160 i always wanted. Sold the infrared 95's, Grapes, Kobe 2s, Tour IV's, XX Stealths, Military IV's, Cardinal VII's, XII Playoffs, Last Shot XIV, Cool Grey IX, and got me a bomb Pioneer car system with dvd, navigation, blu tooth and a box with 2 10' subs and 2 alpine amps, all for around $2000. Don't regret that at all. They were all shoes I bought but would never wear. What was the point in keeping them?

Each month i would sell off a few pairs of shoes and buy stuff i wanted. I hadn't realized how much i had spent on jays..and to an extent how much they had appreciated in value over 3-4 years. It was easeir to sell when you made a little cash on your hobby. Even some of the pairs I wore I sold for what I paid..so I was happy I got some use out of them for free.

I took off the last 2 years basically because i wasn't into the CDP when i had most of them already, and the fusion stuff i hated..although i did get the cool grey spizikes.

So now all i rock are the 2001 silver 1's, Bred strap 1's, the 2009 true blue III's, white/bl/red v's, and the black varsity red vi.

In my display case i have the shoes whose designs I really like ....the Black cement III, 1999 Bred IV, Mars IV, Black V, Fire Red V, White/Bl/Red V, Black Infrared VI, Croc XVII.  If I get a pair of IV cements and III white elephant print then I can retire. :smile:

Originally Posted by IAlreadyGotThose

Seeing that I'm 14 and have been collecting since I was 13, Probally in the next 40 to 50 years
wink.gif
. Plus I don't buy any of these new releases anyways.

As time goes by you won't be saying the same thing 
laugh.gif

spending way too much money on shoes lately......i always end up with two pairs of the same, minimum.....

Back
Top Bottom