What's your first memory of the internet?

31213307-2-200-0.gif

and AOL chatrooms

Those South Park wrestlers took me back, I used to have hundreds of those saved on my old computer. I remember looking up the power levels of the DBZ characters and trying to find out who was the strongest and also finding animated gifs of them doing their special moves. I have fond memories of downloading Winamp skins, going to Stickdeath.com and watching The Steven Seagal Show as well.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

NetZero_ai.png

when it was free with the thick banner at the top. i'd be hoggin that only phone line my house had like it was my job
laugh.gif

This!

lol, Moms used to be pissed. I tried calling you like 8x. That banner wasn't going NOWHERE.

My mom canceled the AOL subscription, I was dying to go into a chat room. Had me in the MSN chats like...'whats good...'

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Signing on to AOL either 4.0-5.0 and going straight to the Nickelodeon games section on the AOL toolbar and playing the hell out of all their games.
pimp.gif

The AOL chatrooms were crazy too- A/S/L?
laugh.gif
9 years old trying to cop internet girlfriends.
laugh.gif
It wasn't my first memory but I remember going to my friends house and getting into a chat room roasting ppl who "knew" B2K and talking about selling bootleg Grandma'sGW dvd's, dude from barbershop, and laughing so hard then after getting kick off, rushing to his dad's account to erase the e-mail

Originally Posted by jd2384

don't forget ICQ
nerd.gif
. before aim and yahoo messenger caught on.

pimp.gif
used to spit GAME on ICQ in 5th grade...

Was anyone else PUMPED to get  their first e-mail address? We got em in 4th grade around 1997 and used to pass around chain letters
alien.gif

also

- napster... trying to download Limp Bizkit
indifferent.gif

- Going on Dragonball Z sites like Planet Namek.com

- waiting 60 seconds to load a 65 kb image

instead of doin homework @ the library everybody would put in a dollar or two and we'd all try to get the best scores on the candystand game site

check the sig...

Way back in 1994 when I was in high school. Had to telnet into the server using a 9600 baud modem. I remember when we upgraded to 14.4k it was so great 
laugh.gif
. Everything was text back then including bulletin boards, websites, etc.
I remember the first time I got Netscape. All the websites would have a generic grey background with blue and purple links and cheesy small little graphics.

Originally Posted by l2icel3oi9i6

cheat codes for my video games
pimp.gif

Indeed.
Using HotBot to search for the finishing moves for Mortal Kombat 2 for my SNES.
Checking out the overpriced kicks on VintageUSA and the upcoming ones on NikePark.

Originally Posted by Weekend Girl

a/s/l

...and some stupid stickman fighting website that took sooo long to load
laugh.gif

StickDeath.com

my first memory is looking up nude pics of video game characters in the library.

Tifa Lockhart
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom