What's your favorite "urban" movie NT?

training-day-profile.jpg

Should count, right?

Originally Posted by CelticsFan9783

Was watching In Too Deep the other night, and got to thinking about how many classic hood movies there are from the 1990's. I'm curious to see what type of taste Nike Talk has in regards to this genre. So what is your favorite hood/urban/black movie?

It's hard to decide but I have to roll with

1zg87iw.jpg

I remember seeing the movie poster for Fresh at my video store back in the 4th grade always wondering what it was about. Could never rent because it was R. When I finally saw it I was blown away.
pimp.gif

I cant pick so I will say:
Fresh, Boyz N Da Hood, Kidulthood, KIDS

Originally Posted by tim teufel

In too deep was good. Liked trespass
I've always been a fan since I rented it on VHS back in like 2000. Solid cast (LL Cool J, Omar Epps, Nia Long, Stanley Tucci, Pam Grier, Hill Harper) + Nas/JD/Shyheim/Mya
embarassed.gif

The whole "Donnie Brasco" premise is cool too. And from what I've read, it's based on a crew that pushed dope in Boston.

been realized it but just seeing this thread makes me upset that they really dont make quality urban movies anymore

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

been realized it but just seeing this thread makes me upset that they really dont make quality urban movies anymore

thank Tyler Perry for all that

My fav is paid in full. A hood joint with drug dealing and 80s whips = win

Blue Hill Avenue wasnt bad at all.

Originally Posted by LB81986

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

thank Tyler Perry for all that

30t6p3b.gif
 really dont like his films 

The Wood

I think this movie fits the criteria, All the other movies mentioned are good as well. Too many to choose from

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

My fav is paid in full. A hood joint with drug dealing and 80s whips = win

Blue Hill Avenue wasnt bad at all.
Bought Blue Hill Avenue used from a record store. Wouldn't even play in my DVD player
mad.gif

Have still yet to see it.

Back
Top Bottom