Whats with all the crying about the NBA refs? You don't like it, don't watch it. That simple.

The players and coaches themselves complain so much in the NBA that of course the fans are going to follow suit. It's 2010 and NBA is still the one sport where people do not know how the game is supposed to be officiated. That's what's hilarious about the league (and part of what makes it fun I guess).

I've stated before that while I do not think the NBA is "rigged" I do think the referees have some pressure from the league offices and put pressure on themselves to help push the most attractive teams forward. You would have to be a fool to think these things are played straight down the line. We've seen time and time again the TV execs say "We're hoping for a Boston/LA Finals" (or similar). Those get the highest ratings, the networks make the most profit, the league gets more dollars next go-round.  The TV contracts are the lifeblood of the NBA and the owners know it. They also know what the networks want and that is the most viewers. Constantly giving them Sacramento vs. Milwaukee in the NBA Finals would allow no one to win in the end (obviously throwing those two out there). Referees are the obvious employers of the league who would have access to small things to help sway contests, without technically "throwing" the contests.

But anyway....I am not saying the L outright rigs games. However I am almost fully convinced they do nudge, or the refs themselves at least FEEL they have to nudge, knowing any way they can help major markets helps everyone. If the major markets then don't end up winning out in the end (like if the small market team is far superior and just beats them no questions asked) that's just the way it is and the NBA deals with it and hopes for next year.

This is from Simmons too
laugh.gif
Some of you probably already saw it

Just the facts according to our guy Alok Pattani. Starting with the 2001 playoffs:
A. The Mavs are 2-16 in playoff games officiated by Joey Crawford since 2001 (including Game 3 of the Spurs series, a loss) ... and 46-39 in all other playoff games. They won their first 2001 playoff game with him (Game 5 versus Utah), so they've lost 15 of the past 16.

B. Against the spread, the Mavs are 4-14 with Crawford officiating ... and 45-40 in all other playoff games.

C. They averaged 21.9 free throws in the Crawford games; 27.1 free throws in the non-Crawford games.

So why does Danny rank so highly in the power rankings? Because any NBA official who can keep his job post-Donaghy with a documented history of bias against a particular team has to be commended. I'm being sarcastic. What a joke. The league could easily avoid these situations by admitting that, yes, from time to time, a team rubs an official the wrong way, and officials are human, and there's nothing we can do about this other than making sure the official and the team cross paths as little as possible -- like Crawford and Dallas, like Bill Kennedy and Boston, like Joey Crawford and San Antonio (1-4 in Crawford's five Spurs playoff games since he was suspended for ejecting Tim Duncan in 2007) -- but apparently it's easier to stick our heads in the sand and pretend this stuff isn't going on. You know, because Tim Donaghy's documented-by-the-FBI, staggeringly successful record of picking winners by playing on the biases of officials against certain teams didn't really happen. Even though it did. Let's just move on.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Wow...Who would of guessed it would be Noble Kane to post some %*$* like this. You got issues man. Tempor tantrums while on the internet.

Yea...Say whatever you want about me, but most people don't like you on here. *Waits for I don't care what people think of me response*

If people don't like you on here, I can't even imagine how you are in real life.

PS...I still remember one of your usual Kobe hating multiple posts of you bashing the living daylights out of him, then him hitting the game winner VS boston and you trying to celebrate with the rest of us Laker fans..

Lmao....

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Wow...Who would of guessed it would be Noble Kane to post some %*$* like this. You got issues man. Tempor tantrums while on the internet.

Yea...Say whatever you want about me, but most people don't like you on here. *Waits for I don't care what people think of me response*

If people don't like you on here, I can't even imagine how you are in real life.

PS...I still remember one of your usual Kobe hating multiple posts of you bashing the living daylights out of him, then him hitting the game winner VS boston and you trying to celebrate with the rest of us Laker fans..

Lmao....
u mad?
eek.gif

for the people who actually are contributing to the thread i thank you.

to the people who are crying and complaining about how much you hate me put me on ignore like females or go here sensitiveguyswhocatchfeelingonamessageboard.com

laugh.gif
@ most people dont like me on here..... do you know how 13 year old school girlish thats sounds??

Originally Posted by CP1708

Another example last night........38 free throws for the Cavs, 18 for the Celtics.  Who won the game? 

Refs don't matter. 

Dub, I know that Wade series was a little bit different.  I don't know what was goin on there honestly.  But for the most part, most series, for the past however many years, the better team wins, and the refs have nothing to do with it.  Everyone needs to quit @#$%^%$# about it and just win the damn game/series.  That's all there is to it. 
i agree. another example was when last year game 4 of the finals i believe. Big Dave Stern tried to give that game to the magic but the dummies couldnt hit their free throws

also in the first bulls/jazz  finals the officiating was pretty bias in favor of the jazz...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

OP is probably one of my least favorite Nt'ers
laugh.gif
smh.gif
*hits ignore*

Upon further review OP is no longer my least favorite NT'er. *hit's unignore*
smile.gif

It seems like Crawford (who apparently hates the Spurs and Mavs?) is the shadiest of them all. Slim Shady. Again, not sure if the NBA is full on rigged, but there are very disturbing trends that have emerged and allegations that threaten the foundation of the league. It is definitely a trend that has made me less of a fan, it just doesn't seem like the "best team" winning all the time

Would I be wrong to say that, the NBA is not the on 'rigging' games or whatever, but its in fact the referees themselves? I mean the majority of them have become pretty egotistical and have built favoritism and etc. against specific players/teams. I mean I guess its the NBA's job to try and minimize this type of behavior, but honestly its just human nature ya know?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Lmao....
u mad?
eek.gif

for the people who actually are contributing to the thread i thank you.

to the people who are crying and complaining about how much you hate me put me on ignore like females or go here sensitiveguyswhocatchfeelingonamessageboard.com

laugh.gif
@ most people dont like me on here..... do you know how 13 year old school girlish thats sounds??

lol...Nah...Not going to go that far and put you on ignore.
laugh.gif

You're kinda funny sometimes

All I have to say is, at the end of the day the NBA is a business FIRST. Giving bad calls can only go so far...Example, Cavs VS Boston. Cavs got 20 more calls than Boston and still lost. Sometimes no matter how bad you call a game, it wont work. It could also have to do with referees not liking certain players as well.

Even if the Refs aren't out to rig games, at the end of the day they're still human beings, and there has to be players they don't like no matter how fair they have to be.

Back
Top Bottom