Whats there to eat in your hood?

1253.jpg

Poutine 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

Josednk- Is Kathmandu Kitchen in that area where Gentei used to be?

Budweiser- Doesn't surprise me, after being the only customers in Pizan's when the Giants lost this season and he had $500 riding on the game I'm pretty sure that guy has no soul. And the place you're thinking of is Season's. Those are my boys. Whenever I would show up drunk before 2 they'd always let me run the bar.  Ordered beer from there last night actually
laugh.gif
.  But it's so expensive. $22 for a 30 is not a good look.

Have any of y'all been to Cedar Deli? It's the lil' hole in the wall Falafel place across from Donnybrook. I live in Donnybrook and have been meaning to hit it.

Yeah, Season's was cool. And I think Kathmandu Kitchen is in fact by Gentei.

Budweiser- Doesn't surprise me, after being the only customers in Pizan's when the Giants lost this season and he had $500 riding on the game I'm pretty sure that guy has no soul. And the place you're thinking of is Season's. Those are my boys. Whenever I would show up drunk before 2 they'd always let me run the bar.  Ordered beer from there last night actually
laugh.gif

Have any of y'all been to Cedar Deli? It's the lil' hole in the wall Falafel place across from Donnybrook. I live in Donnybrook and have been meaning to hit it.

Yeah, Season's was cool. And I think Kathmandu Kitchen is in fact by Gentei.

Even though my suburban Los Angeles neighborhood is fairly affluent, it seems like housewives in the are have taken an increasingly greater interest in cooking their own gourmet food at home. In my household an in others around ours we tend to eat French, Italian, Spanish, Middle Eastern and Mexican food as well as traditional American dishes (usually with some foreign or luxurious twist like high end European Cheese on our mac and Cheese or Italian Mortadella instead of Bologna for our Sandwiches).

My household is half Nicaraguan so we eat a good deal of Pacific Coast Nicaraguan food that we make in our own kitchen. We cook with a lot of pork and sea food and while we have some spicy dishes most of our food is salty or uses sweet and savory flavor combinations.

When we do go out to buy food, it is usually food from one form of East , South or South East Asian cooking. Dim sum, Thai, Indian, Northern Chinese (whole fishes served at the table, stewed pork cheek and ear salad and beef kidney gyoza are popular dishes), Pho (it is pretty new here but the growing Viet population has taken it from Orange County up to Ventura County) and finally we love our sushi.*

* There is a real divide over sushi around here. The more blue collar folks and the "bros" in the area like "sushi" bars where you get extremely drunk with sake bombs, eat some low quality fish that is smothered in mayo and spicy sauce and maybe deep fried. Meanwhile, The foodies like myself patronize the places that are truer to actual Edo sushi, which is about simply but beautifully prepared high quality fish and if you drink you get the sake that is worth serving chilled and worth being sipped.

Even though my suburban Los Angeles neighborhood is fairly affluent, it seems like housewives in the are have taken an increasingly greater interest in cooking their own gourmet food at home. In my household an in others around ours we tend to eat French, Italian, Spanish, Middle Eastern and Mexican food as well as traditional American dishes (usually with some foreign or luxurious twist like high end European Cheese on our mac and Cheese or Italian Mortadella instead of Bologna for our Sandwiches).

My household is half Nicaraguan so we eat a good deal of Pacific Coast Nicaraguan food that we make in our own kitchen. We cook with a lot of pork and sea food and while we have some spicy dishes most of our food is salty or uses sweet and savory flavor combinations.

When we do go out to buy food, it is usually food from one form of East , South or South East Asian cooking. Dim sum, Thai, Indian, Northern Chinese (whole fishes served at the table, stewed pork cheek and ear salad and beef kidney gyoza are popular dishes), Pho (it is pretty new here but the growing Viet population has taken it from Orange County up to Ventura County) and finally we love our sushi.*

* There is a real divide over sushi around here. The more blue collar folks and the "bros" in the area like "sushi" bars where you get extremely drunk with sake bombs, eat some low quality fish that is smothered in mayo and spicy sauce and maybe deep fried. Meanwhile, The foodies like myself patronize the places that are truer to actual Edo sushi, which is about simply but beautifully prepared high quality fish and if you drink you get the sake that is worth serving chilled and worth being sipped.

McDonalds, White Castle, Wendy's, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Papa Johns, Local Pizzerias, Chinese, Kennedy Fried Chicken, Red Tower, Halal, Many South-American restaurants, a few Soul Food spots. Down on the east end a couple of sit down places. I live in a urban/suburban town. I'd say 50% black, 30% hispanic, 19% white, 1% Asian.

McDonalds, White Castle, Wendy's, Burger King, KFC, Subway, Papa Johns, Local Pizzerias, Chinese, Kennedy Fried Chicken, Red Tower, Halal, Many South-American restaurants, a few Soul Food spots. Down on the east end a couple of sit down places. I live in a urban/suburban town. I'd say 50% black, 30% hispanic, 19% white, 1% Asian.

Originally Posted by II Jovo II

Towson Hot Bagel bka THB
5360798330_6213845289.jpg

Pizan's
5341258.JPG

New York Chicken and Fish
Lake Trout+Fries+Roll FTW

Burger Bro's
cheap.jpg
Towson alumn here.. THB was the spot their
smokin.gif
, but being from NJ, im still picking local NJ bagels & breakfast sandwiches over them.
And come on, how you going to post PIZANS? When was the last time you went their sober, before 3am?
laugh.gif
Johnnys making bank though, place is a cash cow

But you're from NJ all of usin-state student's got no love for you...
laugh.gif
But nah.  Man Iactually kinda like Pizans and the fact that they would deliver beer and liquorto the dorms with no questions asked meant we had to show love.  Iremember one time we were in there drunk 'cus Season's wasn't open and we wereat our table talking about our love for Season's pizza and when we were on ourway out Johnny handed us an XL cheese pie and was like, "I'm not trying toput down another man's business but I think our pizza's pretty good, enjoy thison the house."  
pimp.gif
  What year did you graduate?

laugh.gif

$22 for a deliver 30 pack is a great price, are you serious? $22 bucks to avoid a DUI. I'd pay 45 bucks for a 30 pack delivered to me. I know it's hard on the college budget, but priorities my man. Nobody delivers beer in Jersey, unless you're ordered like mad liqs for a party and put an order in a day in advance. You guys are lucky to have that available.

Towson Hot Bagel bka THB
5360798330_6213845289.jpg

Pizan's
5341258.JPG

New York Chicken and Fish
Lake Trout+Fries+Roll FTW

Burger Bro's
cheap.jpg
smokin.gif
, but being from NJ, im still picking local NJ bagels & breakfast sandwiches over them.
And come on, how you going to post PIZANS? When was the last time you went their sober, before 3am?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
But nah.  Man Iactually kinda like Pizans and the fact that they would deliver beer and liquorto the dorms with no questions asked meant we had to show love.  Iremember one time we were in there drunk 'cus Season's wasn't open and we wereat our table talking about our love for Season's pizza and when we were on ourway out Johnny handed us an XL cheese pie and was like, "I'm not trying toput down another man's business but I think our pizza's pretty good, enjoy thison the house."  
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

$22 for a deliver 30 pack is a great price, are you serious? $22 bucks to avoid a DUI. I'd pay 45 bucks for a 30 pack delivered to me. I know it's hard on the college budget, but priorities my man. Nobody delivers beer in Jersey, unless you're ordered like mad liqs for a party and put an order in a day in advance. You guys are lucky to have that available.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

smokin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I just feel like they should charge the normal 30 price and tack on a $2 or so delivery charge making it $18/30.  Most of my friends and peers are so set on only paying $5 to drink that even when we have to order delivered beer they only wanna pay $5 and want 1/3 of the 30 and expect whoever ordered to eat the $6 extra charge. They charge $16 for a bottle of Burnett's to get delivered when it's $10 in the store(liquor stores at home only charge $8.49). Don't get me wrong, when everyones drunk and you have that one guy who needs like two more beers and asks if he can kick $10 to order a 30, it definitely comes in handy.

Originally Posted by ToLiveandDieinNJ

smokin.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I just feel like they should charge the normal 30 price and tack on a $2 or so delivery charge making it $18/30.  Most of my friends and peers are so set on only paying $5 to drink that even when we have to order delivered beer they only wanna pay $5 and want 1/3 of the 30 and expect whoever ordered to eat the $6 extra charge. They charge $16 for a bottle of Burnett's to get delivered when it's $10 in the store(liquor stores at home only charge $8.49). Don't get me wrong, when everyones drunk and you have that one guy who needs like two more beers and asks if he can kick $10 to order a 30, it definitely comes in handy.

Originally Posted by TheDoc86

DALLAS

Rudy's Chicken

l

Rudys-chicken-in-Oakcliff-Dallas.jpg

Sweet Georgia Browns Soul Food

l

l

pimp.gif
I don't live in the hood but I don't mind making that ride to the cliff for some Rudy's or hitting Ledbetter for some SGB.

Originally Posted by TheDoc86

DALLAS

Rudy's Chicken

l

Rudys-chicken-in-Oakcliff-Dallas.jpg

Sweet Georgia Browns Soul Food

l

l

pimp.gif
I don't live in the hood but I don't mind making that ride to the cliff for some Rudy's or hitting Ledbetter for some SGB.

This thread is making me crave Poutine hella bad......... grrrrrrrrrrrr why can't that stuff catch on here in Cali
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This thread is making me crave Poutine hella bad......... grrrrrrrrrrrr why can't that stuff catch on here in Cali
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom