Whats the point of Jordan Brand shoes (not retros)?

lazy designs and no pizazz.

nobody ever checks for them.

maybe some older cats that just like to rock the Jumpman.

but srsly talk to me.

Im 33 and rock air Jordans off and on court since 1993. I belong to those who also wear and respect the new models unlike the hypebeasts who only wear from retro 1 to 14, fusions and other casual Jordan brand shoes.
The only design I really dislike are the 2010 and 2013/xx8.

Jordan is a BRAND now. that is the reason why.
JB makes money off of newer shoes also though its probably not as much as they do off of retros.

Just because YOU dont wear the shoes doesnt mean other people dont.

I work at Finish Line, and I can tell you there are a LOT of people out there who buy Jordans that aren't 1-23 simply because they aren't "sneakerheads". The SC1 and SC2, for example, are a very popular shoe amongst the casual consumer.
Then you would have the Melo line who's focus is strictly on basketball and nothing else, hence why they don't care about looks.

I work at Finish Line, and I can tell you there are a LOT of people out there who buy Jordans that aren't 1-23 simply because they aren't "sneakerheads". The SC1 and SC2, for example, are a very popular shoe amongst the casual consumer.
Then you would have the Melo line who's focus is strictly on basketball and nothing else, hence why they don't care about looks.

Another reason is that nowadays performance basketball shoes are much lighter than the models from the 80s 90s and early millennium.
Even the LeBron 3 and Jordan XX were quite
Bulky in design compared to the recent kobes
And Jordans.
So there is no logical tendency to design
Performance shoes bulkier than needed only
To make them look better offcourt.
One of the first modern basketball shoes
That are designed being slim were the
Nike hyperflight. From the 1990s the
Aj 9 showed a glimpse of narrow shaped
Basket shoe.

There's nothing wrong with newer jordans it's all about what YOU like. I rock sc-2s one day, retro 11's the next. to me it's mostly about color ways or history but that's just what I like. To each his own

i ball in team jordan shoes, cant really ball in retros. also aj 2012 lite is a great bball shoe to run in.

Fusion Jordans and SC 1s and 2s are very popular amongst non sneakerheads. I see them literrally everywhere. Where have you been?
I wish I got a pair of SC1s when they were out because I like that one

Last edited:
I wear (newer) Jordan Brand sneakers just like I would wear any other NIKE or ADIDAS shoes. They may not be retros, but they're still great shoes to wear casually.

"sucker born every minute"

this, along with the fact that not every guy can afford to drop $160 + tax on some retros, most people don't even know about the availability of the retros that are coming out because they sell out instantly most places.

I agree that 90% of the sneaks JB makes are ugly, fortunately everyone on NT knows about the upcoming retros

If there was absolutely 0 demand for them, and "nobody ever checked for them", Nike would take them off the market.

And they are still here.

lazy designs and no pizazz.

nobody ever checks for them.

maybe some older cats that just like to rock the Jumpman.

but srsly talk to me.

Such a short-sighted and immature view. You're only looking at it through YOUR eyes. This isn't what YOU like. There are those that like JB, because it's JB. They see the jumpman and go "ooh Michael Jordan shoes". Some aren't aware of the earlier numbered models and didn't buy them or beast over them. Do you realize the other JB shoes make a good amount of money too right?

Such a short-sighted and immature view. You're only looking at it through YOUR eyes. This isn't what YOU like. There are those that like JB, because it's JB. They see the jumpman and go "ooh Michael Jordan shoes". Some aren't aware of the earlier numbered models and didn't buy them or beast over them. Do you realize the other JB shoes make a good amount of money too right?
its not about what I like, its what I noticed..tons of non-retros sit like crazy..and I have never really seen many people purchasing. Thats what Im talking about.

The point is JB getting money. I remember when I was a kid Team jordans and jump mans sold just like the numbers. Not as much now cuz the new generation is caught up on either Retros or Lebrons(smh) and Lebrons seem to get more play, that's what I don't get

its not about what I like, its what I noticed..tons of non-retros sit like crazy..and I have never really seen many people purchasing. Thats what Im talking about.

I challenge you to look down more. I swear, they sit, but yet I see people with non retro JB shoes ALL the time. Maybe you're not paying attention.

The uneducated everyday consumer buys team Jordan's cause they dont know any better!! They see the jumpman logo and figure shheeeeeit...I'm doing it BIG....LOL they just don't know any better!! The educated consumer doesn't take a second look at team Jordans cause in my opinion that's what lebron, KD, and Kobe's are for...performance. Retros in my eyes are meant to be worn casually, no more no less. Just my humble opinion!!

It's all about preferences. Making this thread makes you sound like the biggest hypebeast of all. I started collecting sneakers cause I like them not because of hype.

I had a pair of spizikes which I ended up hating. I still rock some Jordan Prime 5's, they're like $60 on Ebay by the way. CP3 VI a good looking sneaker.

There's a bunch out there get away from the hype bro you'll end up wasting your cash.

If there was absolutely 0 demand for them, and "nobody ever checked for them", Nike would take them off the market.

And they are still here.
0 demand for them really? Go walk into any high school and 5 boys in every class room will have a pair of non retro jordans.

If you think Jordan doesn't make a large portion of their money off of non retro's then you're a complete hypebeast/idiot.

I'm nowhere near being a hypebeast. It just looks like so much deadweight, the non retro shoes that is. They did need to connect the current players with new models and go a little harder and promoting them. In 20 years, maybe people would want retro shoes from this era, but the top tier shoes of this era are from another era.

for every dude walking in da benz dealership copping a s65 AMG there's 1000 idiots copping a overpriced c250 just cuz da benz star.

Its the same thing as saying why does Nike bring out the Sweet Classic or the Cortez's... its because there is a market for them

Back
Top Bottom