What's The Lowest Grade Level You'll Go Inside A Restaurant? I Feel Disgusted Now

I got to the chinese restaurant over there on 88th and 3rd avenue , 88 wok . Think they have a B rating but the foods pretty damn tasty

All of those fast food chinese spots are dirty as hell. Next time you see one of the workers eating, they don't eat the same food that's on the menu, that should tell you something.

A friend of mine pointed something out, you know how they have big wok's of rice in the back, what makes you think they throw any old rice away and make new rice, they don't. They just add rice to it when it gets low, meaning there's probably some rice in that wok that has been there for months because they just keep adding and stirring new rice into it.

Last edited:
The lowest I go as far as a restaurant rating is a B - and that's because it's my favorite ramen place, Daikokuya.

Other than that, I'd never go lower than an A, especially for sushi.

Asian restaurants always get the lower end of the stick. Any restaurant grade is borderline BS. I use to run a spot with my mother and the health inspectors let you know when they come. If you didn't speak english, it'll be a surprise when they come knocking. For everyone else that speaks english knows and they'll have the place spotless and compliant the morning the inspector comes. Also, the way some things are stored methods are of Asian cooking, it just happens to violate health regulations. Bet you the same guy who inspects probably orders on the regular, food that hasn't been stored to fulfil his own rules.

I worked with a French company and trust me, the way they store food, its no better. A lot of Chinese spots (at least the hood/americanized ones) you can see them cook, when you go to fancy restaurants, you have no idea what they are doing to your food. Speaking from experience of working for places with high grades, every spot's kitchen is never up to par when you put it up to regulation. Shoot, let the inspector check your home kitchen and I'd bet it doesn't comply with many rules.

As for the guy talking about the fried rice, you try stir frying freshly cooked rice. The method of cooking fried rice is using old rice, no BS. Freshly cooked rice is too soft/sticky to be stir fried in a wok. Cold rice (older rice from fridge) is stiff enough to stir fry.

Last edited:
Asian restaurants always get the lower end of the stick. Any restaurant grade is borderline BS. I use to run a spot with my mother and the health inspectors let you know when they come. If you didn't speak english, it'll be a surprise when they come knocking. For everyone else that speaks english knows and they'll have the place spotless and compliant the morning the inspector comes. Also, the way some things are stored methods are of Asian cooking, it just happens to violate health regulations. Bet you the same guy who inspects probably orders on the regular, food that hasn't been stored to fulfil his own rules.
I worked with a French company and trust me, the way they store food, its no better. A lot of Chinese spots (at least the hood/americanized ones) you can see them cook, when you go to fancy restaurants, you have no idea what they are doing to your food. Speaking from experience of working for places with high grades, every spot's kitchen is never up to par when you put it up to regulation. Shoot, let the inspector check your home kitchen and I'd bet it doesn't comply with many rules.
As for the guy talking about the fried rice, you try stir frying freshly cooked rice. The method of cooking fried rice is using old rice, no BS. Freshly cooked rice is too soft/sticky to be stir fried in a wok. Cold rice (older rice from fridge) is stiff enough to stir fry.

this.

I'm all about tryin stuff, especially food, so it would take a bad experience or dirty restaurant to turn me off.

Add me to the list of folk who never actually see these letter grades in windows...but I've eaten from food carts, fast food places, and cookouts and am still standing, so I figure I'll be aight either way.

Back
Top Bottom