What's the Lexus that Jay-Z is driving in 99 Problems?

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

My favorite car ever.
because of Hov?
laugh.gif
the way it looks?
nerd.gif
, I mean it's dope and all, but can't see how it could anyones favoriteunless there's some sentimental value or something.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

For some reason that whip just screams "dopeboy" or "drug dealer" to me
Feds would stay on you, if were rolling around in one back in the day.. At least where I'm from.

Been drivin' my 93 GS for 4 years now, runs awesome and I've never had problems with it,

Originally Posted by airmissionretro

Is that the same whip in his Dead Presidents video back in '95?

I think so... he definitely mentioned "GS" in the song
and
"The year's '94 and my trunk is raw
In my rear view mirror is the mother %+#@*%' law"

oh and another question: ES and GS are the same size right? just the GS has a more powerful engine, and thus more $$??

one is a Camry and the other isnt

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

People often say that some lexus cars are simply re-bagged camrys. This year/model is the EPITOME of a re bagged camry.

You couldn't be more wrong, what kind of camry has an I-6 and RWD? smh, you STAY bein wrong dude

The GS is a RWD car, much different from the FWD ES/Camry chassis.

The original GS300 had the naturally aspirated version of the twin turbo 2JZ-GTE engine from the Supra TT.

The car is/was meant to compete with the BMW 5-series and Mercedes Benz E-class.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

The GS is a RWD car, much different from the FWD ES/Camry chassis.

The original GS300 had the naturally aspirated version of the twin turbo 2JZ-GTE engine from the Supra TT.

The car is/was meant to compete with the BMW 5-series and Mercedes Benz E-class.
Well said.

GS was sold as the Toyota Aristo in Japan, completely different from the rebadged Camry that was the ES.

Back
Top Bottom