Whats the HARDEST position to play in ALL OF SPORTS???

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by Da Sun Gawd

Hockey goalie easy. They've got to protect that small net, players are coming at them and the puck gets up to about 60-80 mph

after a pass...one timers can be up to 130...at the allstar game fastest shot was 104....and the puck was still....

as for me i think the hardest position is a baseball batter....small ball...comin at 90 mph and even a fast ball curves a little....i am 100% certain that over half of NIKETALK could not even foul off a pitch by josh beckett, d-train, barry zito (all u bay area people), derrick lowe, matt chico (my cousin)....it is the hardest thing to do in all sports...

are u serious? Batter???? thats the stupidest thing i've ever heard...

thats like me saying tackling because half of people on NT couldn't tackle guys like Marion Barber, Brandon Jacobs, LT, Stephen Jackson, and anyone elsein the NFL (including Josh Brown...K for Seahawks)

Gotta be DB cornerback specifically. I think the combo of athleticism and mental aptitude with cornerbacks is much greater than that of a qb. Which do youthibnk you would be able to do better? Throw the ball to randy moss or cover randy moss.

why has everyone been hyping CB as the toughest position? it's not even the toughest position in football. it's not even the toughest position onDEFENSE, try being a MLB

CB is only tough if you aren't that athletic, which is why maybe some of you NTers had trouble with it. in CB, 80-90% of the game you have safety help uptop. any good athlete can stay with a WR for a couple seconds, which is usually enough for your pass rush to get to the QB and force a shorter throw

Which do you thibnk you would be able to do better? Throw the ball to randy moss or cover randy moss

i'd rather cover Moss with help from my safety, than try to throw the ball to Moss in a small window between the CB and the safety. nobody is actuallyforced to match Moss step-for-step in coverage. teams will almost always play him with cover 2 help.

I'm not saying it's the hardest position to play, but you all can't sleep on Left Offensive Tackle.

Many times you are responsible to block guys that are more athletic than you, and you are covering the QB's blindside.

Recognizing defensive fronts, picking up the blitz, maintaining composure and not false starting when you have dudes ready to get on their horse and try tocold !%$@ your @@$.

And pressure, knowing that if you do your job your name probably won't be mentioned, but mess up 1 time and it's all on you.

It's a pretty physically demanding job as well. Dudes kill each other in those trenches. Also, you have to be decently conditioned to do what they do. Theyoutweigh anybody on the field and have to be able to play through a whole game at a high level against the best athletes in the world.

Having a pulling assignment, and being in your stance without showing that you are pulling is tough to master, and LB's and defensive linemen are trainedto be able to tell what you are doing by your stance.

You gotta be kind of smart and verbal out there too. I'm not saying it's THE HARDEST position, but it's not easy to do what them dudes do.

I think QB is the hardest position to play. The combination of quick decision making, accuracy and mobility in such a short amount of time is extremelydifficult. Ever watch an NFL game and they show replays from above the QB, so you can see what he sees. Having the kind of vision these guys have and toprecisely throw a ball into a spot over 6'5 lineman makes this the hardest position IMO.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by Da Sun Gawd

Hockey goalie easy. They've got to protect that small net, players are coming at them and the puck gets up to about 60-80 mph

after a pass...one timers can be up to 130...at the allstar game fastest shot was 104....and the puck was still....

as for me i think the hardest position is a baseball batter....small ball...comin at 90 mph and even a fast ball curves a little....i am 100% certain that over half of NIKETALK could not even foul off a pitch by josh beckett, d-train, barry zito (all u bay area people), derrick lowe, matt chico (my cousin)....it is the hardest thing to do in all sports...

I can rake...
pimp.gif

For average
embarassed.gif

I still hit up the batting cages every summer and play pickup games too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

why has everyone been hyping CB as the toughest position? it's not even the toughest position in football. it's not even the toughest position on DEFENSE, try being a MLB

CB is only tough if you aren't that athletic, which is why maybe some of you NTers had trouble with it. in CB, 80-90% of the game you have safety help up top. any good athlete can stay with a WR for a couple seconds, which is usually enough for your pass rush to get to the QB and force a shorter throw

Which do you thibnk you would be able to do better? Throw the ball to randy moss or cover randy moss

i'd rather cover Moss with help from my safety, than try to throw the ball to Moss in a small window between the CB and the safety. nobody is actually forced to match Moss step-for-step in coverage. teams will almost always play him with cover 2 help.

I agree 100%...

if CB was played without safety help, then maybe you have some say...
otherwise, no way is CB the hardest position ever...

Originally Posted by IM LIKE PELE

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

why has everyone been hyping CB as the toughest position? it's not even the toughest position in football. it's not even the toughest position on DEFENSE, try being a MLB

CB is only tough if you aren't that athletic, which is why maybe some of you NTers had trouble with it. in CB, 80-90% of the game you have safety help up top. any good athlete can stay with a WR for a couple seconds, which is usually enough for your pass rush to get to the QB and force a shorter throw

i'd rather cover Moss with help from my safety, than try to throw the ball to Moss in a small window between the CB and the safety. nobody is actually forced to match Moss step-for-step in coverage. teams will almost always play him with cover 2 help.

I agree 100%...

if CB was played without safety help, then maybe you have some say...
otherwise, no way is CB the hardest position ever...

Well you kind of are making my point for me. You have to be a special athlete to play NFL corner. You're talkin as if "you" could cover anNFL, let alone big name NCAA, wide reciever. It's not happening, with or without safety help. Now equate that difference in skill to the NFL and it'scrazy difficult to cover these guys. A qb doesn't have to be perfect just get the ball in playmakers' area. And try being a little db with brandonjacobs or jerome bettis coming around the corner. You have to avoid the block and then try not to get run over. Or cover one of better receivers. Unlike theqb you don't know whats coming. It's mostly reaction and instinct. And just for fun, I would rather take my chances with Ed Reed at qb than Brady ormanning at DB.

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

^^The goalie is alot of times the best skater on the team, they do alot more than that. I think it would be harder to be a soccer goalie than a hockey goalie.

Haha what? The goalie is RARELY the best skater on the team.

soccer/hockey goalie, qb, man all i would be thinking to myself, please dont get sacked, please dont get sacked...

what about center in football? You've got to stand absolutely still until you're told to hike the ball,then you have to quickly stand upward to block a250+ man

In hind site we're probably all wrong. It could be running back. The physical pounding is rediculous. There's a reason why it has the shortest tenure.

I agree with QB but I am just gonna throw this out there.

Boxer - One of the, if not the best conditioned athletes in sports. You have to look for openings that are only there for split seconds at a time, be able tolast 12 rounds, and 1 lucky punch can end your night at any given time in the match. The boxer has little time to think as it almost always on reaction. The QBcan look at what the defense is doing when he is on the sideline and get advice from the coaches, talk to teammates about strategy, etc.. The boxer only hasshort periods in between rounds to get advice and adjust. A QB can throw a pass in double coverage and a receiver like Moss can make a spectacular grab andbail him out. For a boxer, there is no help from others.

The gunner and stopper in SlamBall. Two guys who have just launched off trampolines clash 14 feet in the air. Ah, I miss SlamBall...

Back
Top Bottom