Whats the HARDEST position to play in ALL OF SPORTS???

im like pele

Banned
honestly, I think that QB is the hardest position to play out of all the sports in the world. Both mentally and physically...

I mean you gotta be on the same page with 10 different players on the field whereas everyone else just has to be in page with you. QB is very tough mentally,AS well as physically....stepping into throws, knowing you're gunna get hit by someone 90 pounds heavier than you...

what do yall think? Please don't tell me PG

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

qb and even though i dont even like hockey goalie is hard as $$@%

goalie in hockey????

hahahahahaha that is a false statement...all they do is sit on their knees for three 20 minute periods...you might as well have a 600 pound sumo wrestlerjust sit there and clog up the whole space of the net...

i always thought being a pitcher was one of the hardest positions in all of sports. But yes, QBs definitely have a lot of pressure mentally, and have to dealwith physical pain also (unless your name is Tom Brady).

Catcher in baseball also. How they squat for 9 full innings is beyond me.

all they do is sit on their knees for three 20 minute periods...you might as well have a 600 pound sumo wrestler just sit there and clog up the whole space of the net...
Ignorance.

^^The goalie is alot of times the best skater on the team, they do alot more than that. I think it would be harder to be a soccer goalie than a hockey goalie.

badminton-- all.

i know that probably nobody here really respects badminton, but it is surely a lot more difficult than it seems.

yes agreed. basically any position that requires physical skill/strength as well as coordination and control of the flow of the game, setup plays. thesepositions require the most responsibility (e.g. Football QB, Basketball PG, Baseball catcher, Hockey Center)

Football - QB(you're responsible for the whole offense)
Basketball - PG (see QB)
Baseball - Pitcher (timing, location, and velocity of your throw matters)
Hockey - Goalie

Originally Posted by allen3xis

all they do is sit on their knees for three 20 minute periods...you might as well have a 600 pound sumo wrestler just sit there and clog up the whole space of the net...
Ignorance.

I was being sarcastic...but honestly, I can't see how it is that hard...you have to cover 1 foot of space...

not to mention that hockey is a gay sport anyways...

hahahahahaha that is a false statement...all they do is sit on their knees for three 20 minute periods...you might as well have a 600 pound sumo wrestler just sit there and clog up the whole space of the net...
try stopping something you can;t see flying at you at 100 mph 3x in 12 seconds from all angles all the time moving backwards and side to side onskates and people shoving you from behind.

Hockey goalie easy. They've got to protect that small net, players are coming at them and the puck gets up to about 60-80 mph

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

quarterback and cornerback.

when you say Cornerback is one of the hardest positions, it all depends what type of scheme you play in...

if its a tampa cover 2 where your CB just "reroutes" the WRs and plays the short ball...then its pretty straight forward and not as stressful...

If you are a CB on an island by yourself, playing man to man with no Safety help..then its impossible to stop a good run route...unless your names DeionSanders

but you dont see a CB matching up against a WR one on one every down of a football game...

I'd say hockey or soccer goalie as well.

Anything hockey, in general, actually. I have no damn clue how those dudes are so precise with passing that small thing so quickly, and then being able to seethe puck coming at you and making a play on it, while avoiding some dude checking the *%$% out of you.

Soccer goalie doesn't always have the high speeds, but you've got a bigger area to cover. Stuff like PKs seems almost impossible.

And yea... Baseball catcher. Pitchers have to hit location, but it's another case of somethin' flying at you and having like 0.5 secs to reactcorrectly.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

I'd say hockey or soccer goalie as well.

Anything hockey, in general, actually. I have no damn clue how those dudes are so precise with passing that small thing so quickly, and then being able to see the puck coming at you and making a play on it, while avoiding some dude checking the *%$% out of you.

Soccer goalie doesn't always have the high speeds, but you've got a bigger area to cover. Stuff like PKs seems almost impossible.

And yea... Baseball catcher. Pitchers have to hit location, but it's another case of somethin' flying at you and having like 0.5 secs to react correctly.

not only that, but you basically call the pitches and strategize based on the hitter. and physically, you are squatting all game. that really kills theknees. that is why most catchers have short careers.

I believe QB is the hardest. He has to combine all the attributes of a starting pitcher with the game-calling ability of a catcher and perform his taskrepeatedly in intense bursts under the threat of bodily injury at any moment from potentially multiple, and sometimes blind, directions.

Originally Posted by adidas All Day I Dream About Shoes

I was being sarcastic...but honestly, I can't see how it is that hard...you have to cover 1 foot of space...
It's not hard at all.

As a matter of fact, I know of six professional goalies that live on my street alone.

Super, what the heck does that have anything to do with goalies being a tough position?
roll.gif

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

not only that, but you basically call the pitches and strategize based on the hitter. and physically, you are squatting all game. that really kills the knees. that is why most catchers have short careers.

that is also why most good managers were former catchers.

i played catcher 1 season and absolutely loved it.

Finally, someone said something about soccer. Finally!

Weight lifting = there's always someone else who's stronger than you and high chance for you to break your limbs.

I think QB is the hardest by far. Also Soccer Goalies have crazy jobs. too much room to cover imo...

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by adidas All Day I Dream About Shoes

It's not hard at all.

As a matter of fact, I know of six professional goalies that live on my street alone.

Super, what the heck does that have anything to do with goalies being a tough position?
roll.gif

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom