What's the greatest franchise in sports?

My initial reaction was immediately the Yankees, but many good points have been made in here. The bottom line is how do you define "greatest?" Interms of championships, great players, history, etc. it's hard to argue against the Yankees. But there are things that can't be quantified by stats,like the loyalty of Cubs fans (still waiting over 100 years for a championship), or the Green Bay Packers actually being owned by the fans. This is actually amore difficult question to answer than it appears.

san-antonio-spurs-with-the-championship-trophy1.jpg

Currently? I would say the Spurs... They're going to get another one this year too...
Alltime? Yankees...

It depends, you can't pick a franchise for all sports..

I know these aren't franchises, but they deserve to be mentioned in this thread:

logo-usa-basketball.gif

brazil_CBF_logo.svg.png

180px-DFBEagle.svg.png

Originally Posted by Dam itz Lou

Yankees. 26 chips. Who else could say that ?

Real Madrid won 31 (a record) La Liga titles (Spanish League), 17 Copa Del Rey (Spanish Cup), 9 (another record) European Cups (aka UEFA Champions League) and2 UEFA Cups, just to name a few. So not only have they had success in Spain, but also across Europe. I'm, by no means, a Madrid fan, but I gotta givecredit where credit's due.

It is without a doubt a soccer team...

Prob. Manchester United, Flamengo, or something along those lines.

roll.gif
at any American franchise being in this discussion.

American sports? The New York Yankees

World wide? up for debate.
-Real Madrid have won 31 la liga titles, 17 copa del reys, 9 champion leagues and 2 Uefa cups
-Liverpool have won 18 English titles, 7 FA cups, 5 champions league and 3 Uefa cups. They are the winningest club in England not Manchester United
-Ranger (scotland) have won 51....yes 51 league titles..but have never won the European cup, and play in a less prestigious league.
-Celtic have won 42 league titles and 34 scottish cups..but also play in the less prestigious scottish league
- Juventus have won 29 Scedutti (not 27), 9 coppa italias, 2 champion leagues (runners up 5 times), and 3 Uefa cups and are the first team in European footballto win all 3 uefa club competitions. Yes, I'm biased.
- Boca Juniors are also in the conversation

Lol dudes here trying to act like they know about soccer naming their favorite team to run with in Fifa
laugh.gif

How are u seriously gunna say manchester united? They have less english first division titles and European titles than liverpool...a team in their own country.

Same goes to people saying Barcelona just because ronaldinho used to play for them or w/e reason. They aren't even the best soccer team in their owncountry...so how the hell are they supposed to be the greatest franchise in the history of sports.

It's the Yankees or the Cowboys.

And I hate them both.

I also hate the two greatest NBA teams well I pretty much just dislike the Celtics.

But for the NBA its a toss up between the Celtics and Lakers.

The Lakers have more fans but the Celtics have more history.

Back
Top Bottom