Whats the deal with Asians being so uptight about interracial dating?

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

I'll try to make this short
laugh.gif

So I'm black, my girlfriend is Asian (Chinese), and her family HATES me. It's astonishing how ignorant these people are it really is shocking. First off I have NEVER done anything to tarnish my image, I am very respectful, I go to school, and I actually accomplish the goals I set out in my life. They think that I am some hoodlum that is corrupting their daughter just because I am black. Her dad says that I am using her and the relationship won't last...
indifferent.gif
this is coming from a scumbag who had 2 children with his (ex)wife, and cheated her (F'in loser)
roll.gif
. Her father's mother would rather disown her than to see her be with me. Her OLDER sister (jealous B) thinks that I am forcing her to "rebel". Ok. Her sister who is 22, is so jealous of her sister is ridiculous everyone in the family knows it too. Her sisters track record compared to my girls is basically night and day. Her BF grows and sells drugs, I don't. She gets into trouble with the law, my girl has never been in trouble with police. She got an abortion, My girl isn't that irresponsible. In terms of who looks better ....well I am biased of course, but others have straight up told my girl that her sister got the short end of the stick in the looks department. And her mom, who NEVER sticks up for her daughter, believes that I am only temporary.

It's weird that people are stuck in primitive thinking. There is so much stuff that goes down on a daily basis that its impossible to illustrate it here on NT. Lets just say they have declared World War 3 and are on the brink of disowning their own seed (so despicable). Now on the flip-side, my family LOVES my girl. They would genuinely risk their lives to save my girl if need be. My girl decided to come out and stay with me and my family for a couple days for Xmas break, and NT I wish I could post some of the most hurtful words any FAMILY MEMBER could say to a person. It was insane the amount of backlash my girl took from her father and her sister. Really it was so horrible that I get
mad.gif
frown.gif
every time I think about it.

I'm 19 she is 18 and we have been together for about 5 months. I know we are crazy young but i can honestly say she is the greatest thing to ever happen to me. I was a pretty "bad" kid and she changed me for the better. She has been with me to help with the bad times and I have done the same for her. I would do anything for her, but I am afraid that if comes to a point where she has to choose either me or her family, I will have to break up with her. I know for a fact that she would choose me, and I would not be comfortable knowing that I ripped someone away from their family. Family is ALWAYS over anyone including the ones you love... no matter how ignorant they are.

ehhh I know get a blog. I just needed to vent a little. And trust me I have not properly explained the FULL story about her family or how horrible her family is.

I know there are a few black dudes on here going through the same crap as me.

Cliffnotes:
Asians have a problem with blacks
My girl and I love eachother.
Girl's family is a crew of lames
My family accepts with open arms
Her family is pushing us to the breaking point
No pics (don't even waste your time asking I will NOT be posting pics)

Christmas and New Years was dope though
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

-The Juice
Goin through the same thing homie. I'm black dating a spanish girl and her parents really don't care for me. My family welcomes her withopen arms but her moms and MAINLY her pops just give me the
grin.gif
. It'swhatever though..little does the dad know I'm smashing like crazy
pimp.gif
but honestly I carry myself off real well and have my head on straight but they just can't look past the skin color. My girl says her parents aren'tlike the but I know the truth. Got mad love for her nonetheless
smile.gif

It's hard to explain dude. Happened to my cousin when I was younger. Couldn't understand the logic my uncle had back then. Maybe her parents are OldSchool like my uncle and is out of touch with the norm, or at least too when I was younger with my cousin.

But on the defensive end, it is very common among cultures on that side of the world to be like that. Even today, one of my friends was told by her parents toleave the relationship, while my housemate said his parents wouldn't allow to date outside the race. The first could be academic reasons while the latercould be religious reasons.

Whatever the case is, be as courteous as you can be dude and try to earn the respect. Be confident.

I personally think its stupid and Im chinese. Our parents are just very strict about it because they want a family they can relate with. Chinese people can besome of the most ignorant people sometimes. (The ones straight out of China at least)

-I have a Mexican girlfriend also

I knew Dirty wasn't going to like those cliff notes
laugh.gif

As a black man who has dated basically only Asian girls for the past 6 years or so (no, I don't hate myself or my people), I could go on for hours aboutthis topic with all of my stories. My last girlfriend was Filipina, her family welcomed me with open arms and loved me to death. My current girl is Vietnamese.Her mom isn't too fond of black folks (that's what I'm used to dealing with) but she is nice to me and seems to be okay with it even though I knowshe says a lot of negative things about blacks in general. One of my exes, I was with for almost 3 years, she is Chinese. Her mother refused to meet me andwanted nothing to do with me. She told her daughter she was scared of her being with me because if I started beating her she wouldn't be able to stop me
roll.gif
Ridiculous.

Originally Posted by aubstuh86

sorry to stereotype... im chinese and i can honestly say chinese people are among some of the most narrow minded people on the face of the earth.

my parents are cool with interracial dating though. i won't lie though, i get a little worked up when i see an asian with a white dude.
Why is that?

This type of couple is coming more common before I never saw a black dude and an asian girl together.

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

if your girl is the best thing to happen to you, you need to make more effort for yourself
Trying to. I still show massive amounts of respect, even after her sister decided to text me...threatining me
laugh.gif

-The Juice

I'm black and had a BF who was Asian, and we worked out fine...his family and mine got along perfect, his moms would do anything for me...of course, thingsdidn't last but that was an issue between the two of us...so its not all Asians...some people just don't like to see and do things out of their"comfort zone"...that's really all it is.

keep trying, maybe they will change
ohwell.gif
...and don't get discouraged if it doesn't work....you're still young.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by FifthName

Yo Dirty, could you have brought home a black girl back in the day? Be honest.
nerd.gif
I have.

didn't work out....but not b/c of my family

TAGGED PICS OF YOU AND SAID GIRL OR DUCKTALES.......YOU KNOW THE DRILL. JK I BELIEVE U, DON'T BAN ME.

that sucks. but it def. isnt an asian thing dude. i have an asian friend and she LOVES black guys and her parents have no problem with any of them. some peopleare just ignorant and that has nothing to do with their race. its just how they are.

My grandmother is the same.
smh.gif

I have gone to a dominantly black school for about 10 years now so I've grown quite an attraction to black females.
devil.gif
. I've actually made it apersonal goal to bring home a black girlfriend one of these days and prove to her and my other family members that good exists in females that are NOT white orAsian.

My ex's parents approved of me
pimp.gif
im mexican but they always think im white lol

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Here's two tips

1. kill em with kindness. prove em wrong about you
2. even when you're upset...that's not an excuse for being racist.

and not all asians families are racist... some are...some aren't...
my two sister's are both married with kids to minorities...one to a guyanese...one to a cuban.

just like you don't want to be stereotyped as a black man...don't stereotype asians

laugh.gif
YES!!! now I know I have a chance with an asian girl

So dirty which one did you like more Indian girls or West Indian girls?
laugh.gif

My situation was unique to me, I think...my girl is white/Chinese. Her dad is white and her mom is Chinese. Her momwas adopted by white people, so culturally, she's Caucasian...not Chinese.

I'm not going to lie, there were times that her mom literally got on my nerves. She never took the time to get toknow me and she even implied that it was because I was "not the ideal guy" for her daughter. It's whatever though. Me and my girl are grown so itdoesn't affect me much. I tried several times to reach out to her mom, but what can you do when she ain't tryna hear it? It'll come back to biteher in the %#!, because this crap is making her daughter grow away from her...I just don't want to feel like it's my fault. The funny part is thatwe're not even together, but we still cool. The mom STILL thinks that I'm "not good enough" for her daughter. I've pretty much acceptedthat mom dukes ain't gon like me no matter what I do. I've been killin her with kindness for the past two years, but to no avail. The L...I havetaken.
roll.gif

Sorry for threadjacking.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom