Whats the big deal behind Gears of War 2...

With Gears of War 2, it's all about Horde (espeically with your personal friends, but Live is fun also)
pimp.gif

I got the game for Christmas, so I am going to eventually start Solo Campaign, heard it's good. I'm also going to eventually buy Gears of War, because I heard that was just as good, if not better than 2.

Off topic, but when I played Call of Duty: World at War, I wasn't that much of a fan. It was alright; maybe a second time playing I will enjoy it?

The people who don't like multiplayer in GOW2 either suck or are just probably used to the shotgun-whoring multiplayer of GOW1. This time, the shotgun isnot the one and only weapon and the lancer is actually better. I never understood how Gears 1 was hyped so much because of the lancer and the lancer was one ofthe main advertisements for the game, but in multiplayer the lancer was garbage. This time, chainsawing is a lot easier and if you're lancing someone, youcan hold them back so that they can't run towards you and blast you with a shotgun like in Gears1. The grinder and the grenade launcher are also awesome.The only thing I don't like in GOW2 is how you can stick grenades onto the wall, it's such a cowardly and cheap way of killing someone.

Gears 2 > Gears 1, all you need to do is get used to it..

Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by wawaweewa
Why would you post that fanboy crap. Dude is comparing Gears, which is one of the best shooters of this generation to Resistance which was a average shooter and that bombed in sales.
Sense of Humor, much?

Gears 2 = Halo 3 > COD 4 > Any other game on the market right now.

The MP at the moment is
grin.gif
due to the lag but my lord if they can fix that and make host advantage seem almost non-existent this game might be on par withhow great Halo 2 MP was.

wawaweewa wrote:
Originally Posted by rickybadman

Originally Posted by wawaweewa
Why would you post that fanboy crap. Dude is comparing Gears, which is one of the best shooters of this generation to Resistance which was a average shooter and that bombed in sales.
Sense of Humor, much?

roll.gif
Resistance was trash..... But yeah Gears 2 has been on deck heavy since i copped it on�release night, its just so damn�addicting
laugh.gif

��

I only like Horde mode on GOW2 to be honest. But then again I only like Nazi Zombie on COD:WAW.

GOW2>GOW
COD:WAW COD4>GOW2

Gears campaign kills COD WAW... but WAW online kills gears..., other than Horde that is.. unfortunately Hordes really only fun if your playing with friends tho

Originally Posted by Cragmatic

Gears campaign kills COD WAW... but WAW online kills gears..., other than Horde that is.. unfortunately Hordes really only fun if your playing with friends tho

QFT....if anyone is ever looking to play Horde get at me my GT is JBizzle...just sent me friend request...Good Lookin.

I just got Gears of War 2. I've played it for a little over an hour and love it. I haven't played it that much because im still playing 2k9 most of thetime.

If ur like me...i like the game, but since I'm good at just about every video game I play except for this...it takes the fun out of it.

Gears is horrible , I hate that game .

How is Gears 1 gonna be better than Gears 2 ? That alone just isn't right .

Gears 2 doesn't look that real to me , it lags , has too many bugs , it's overhyped , and it's not even that good IMO .

Resistance 2 > Gears 2

Whats the big deal behind Resistance 2...?

First one flopped HARD.

Gears 1 out the box was worse then Gears 2 out the box. A title update should fix Gears 2 and eventually things will be going uphill.

Who wants to play gears? (im up for horde too) xbl gt: sKip2myWu

Originally Posted by NikeAirKid

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

it brings out the adrenaline rushing savages in all us males (and some females)

gears >>>>>>>>>> halo

Halo GOAT

It's true though.

Gears>>>>>Halo

I still think Halo 1 was the best of the series and Halo 2 was great as Multi, but aside from Halo 1, Gears isbetter...IMO

OK, so I gave it another shot today and still hated it. Maybe because i'm a die hard COD fan.
laugh.gif
But yeah, this game will be sitting in a Gamestop in a few days and Saints Rowwill be in my crib.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nash

Originally Posted by kickz4me82

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

GOW2 is the game of the year, and Ill probably be on this game for months and months to come, online is was too addicting

GOW>COD

no questions asked
you have to admit the ending was super weak. and for that reason alone this cant be the game of the year.

What? Are you kidding? The ending was fine. It answered questions and asked some more, just like the second chapter of a trilogy is supposed to do.
the ending was so lame as in easy as he!! that alone makes it not the game of the year. everything else on it was dope but that last"boss" cmon now you know it was to easy.

to make online play against humans more fun and competitive, GOW games should've made vision limited to only the wall your character is against, leavingthe battlefield unmonitored like in real combat. that way, players can flank, pop out , rush in and surpise opponents.

Back
Top Bottom