What's the best club that you have gone to? Vol. Compound...I will miss you dearly. (sadface)

The Compound story from ajc.com:

[h2]Compound closing[/h2]
Compound, one of Midtown's few remaining big dance clubs, is shutting its doors after New Year's.

image_6389227.jpg

But the space isn't going to become condos or high-end retail. Rather, the owners plan to tear down the two existing buildings on the property and rebuild a brand new hotspot by the end of 2008, according to spokeswoman Tara Murphy.

She said the Gidewons, who owned Vision nightclub before it was torn down in 2006 for condos, aren't yet divulging the new concept but they promise more parking.

Compound, in a former industrial area that's rapidly filling up with condos and homes, opened in 2004 and quickly became a draw for musicians, athletes and Paris Hilton types, punctuated by its lovely Japanese outdoor garden, a trendy lounge space and a separate dance club.

The Gidewons purchased Compound in 2006 at about the same time Vision closed.

Murphy said the Gidewons are also building out a dance club and restaurant at 1068 Peachtree St., a space which used to house the Cotton Club and Velvet nightclub. She said they hope to have that still unnamed club open by late winter.

The going-away Compound party New Year's Eve costs $30 in advance and $40 at the door. Go to www.compoundatl.com for tickets. Q100's Dylan Sprague will be there to pop the champagne.

Keep your head up P. All is not lost yet...
happy.gif

im jaded by the whole club scene around here but still involved...nothing really to mention but OT is another story

maybe not anymore but at the time (about 04-05) i had the best times at Mansion on SOBE- its prob biased cause i was always there during some major events butjust the stars performing, the dope +*+ exotic women, being able to puff my cigar and getting bottles of bub with sparklers lit on them was just crazy, oh andpartying til 4am? i believe ....im older now so i prob wouldnt enjoy the congestion as much but it was def a good experience.

no pix of my own but heres some i got off a quick search

spaceball.gif

mansion.jpg

spaceball.gif
mansion.jpg

1460307957_f235d96d08.jpg

1463529154_6ff723bf60.jpg

Maybe my Bay folks will remember this...

When they were throwin parties at Planet Hollywood in SF....

but typical of all the legendary spots in the Bay, it got shut down cuz someone got stabbed.

Originally Posted by Much Respected

Yo, Kingtre, you still involved in the Boston nightlife?

yessir - we were sticking to major events and one-offs...might get into the weekly grind again soon...been slacking in 08...alot of other stuff going onbut we will be back at it-

Back
Top Bottom