What's good with Nike Elite Basketbal Crew socks? (SOCKS FTW!)

Thanks @lakers29  been looking to try the NBA agility

Thanks to @samuel06  on the article too.  I guess it was only a matter of time for those.  Wonder what sorts of options there will be and pricing... Don't think I'll be to into it if at all

In other news, anyone else see that Stance will be the new NBA sock supplier starting next seasoN?  Still have yet to try some Stance performance socks

Looks like they will stay pretty traditional which is good.  Might have to give Stance performance socks a try soon

11142823_816697141758153_1798015856_n.jpg

Source: NBA on IG

Last edited:
What has held me back from Stance is that I'm usually a black, white, or grey sock kinda guy.  Throw some colored elites in there from now and then but lots going on with a sock isn't really for me.  These NBA versions actually look like the closest they will get to something low key haha

I hope they don't have that silicone gel thing at the bottom of the foot. Makes putting on shoes so much harder, and my feet slides a little bit....If they don't, it's a def cop for me.

I did a video review on Stance socks you can find on youtube, along with another comprehensive video covering a variety of "top" socks out there including the UA Undeniable and Adidas Traxion Lillards. I didn't know about NBA agility socks, which seem to be a step above regular NBA socks.

I got a pair of the Stance All Star game socks and they are fine based on my wears. Not worth anything close to that $25 retail price tag, but well worth it at a discount. Comparable in performance to Nike Elites and better to me than what will soon be known as the "old" NBA socks. That elastic band around the midfoot is very noticeable when you put the socks on, but you don't really notice when you play.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, what separates the Elites from every other sock is how well they maintain their shape, fabric and elasticity and how they can maintain that level even with just hand-washing and hang drying. No other sock in my experience comes close in those areas.

Bout to load up on regular naa socks, I have a feeling for bare feet is better than stance
I was thinking about this too.  Wondering if the current run of for bare feet nba socks will either hit discount or if they won't move and in fact would be become more scarce/higher value.

I can't knock stance until I try em though

Thanks @DeezyVSOP2  for the initial thoughts.  I'll hvae to check the vid when I get a chance

I was thinking about this too.  Wondering if the current run of for bare feet nba socks will either hit discount or if they won't move and in fact would be become more scarce/higher value.

I can't knock stance until I try em though

Thanks @DeezyVSOP2
 for the initial thoughts.  I'll hvae to check the vid when I get a chance

I'm gonna wait to see if the FBF Agility socks will be discounted. I bought a pair with a gift card, and they have a really nice Thorlo-quality feel to them with more compression, but $20 is a bit much for my budget. The ones I ordered were backordered, so who knows how many will be available now that they lost their contract. I'm happy with having at least 1 pair.

The FBF Agility socks just appeal to me more than the stance ones, so I'm gonna hold off on stance.

^Good to know on the agility socks.  I've held out on those b/c of price but I'm really curious since I love the original nba FBFs

I'm actually not a fan of the FBF NBA socks in terms of durability. They are so cushy and nice, but in my experience, you have to dry them super carefully or the elastic gets shot easily.

Maybe someone can school me here on how they maintain them and make them last. I've had two regular pairs and two team editions and they just don't keep their shape and tightness anywhere close to Nike Elites and other socks. If I was a pro and I got new pairs every game, I'd love NBA socks, but as a regular consumer, I haven't felt encouraged to pick up a bunch of pairs.

I do want to try those Agility versions, which look more like the typical high-end basketball sock.

I'm actually not a fan of the FBF NBA socks in terms of durability. They are so cushy and nice, but in my experience, you have to dry them super carefully or the elastic gets shot easily.

Maybe someone can school me here on how they maintain them and make them last. I've had two regular pairs and two team editions and they just don't keep their shape and tightness anywhere close to Nike Elites and other socks. If I was a pro and I got new pairs every game, I'd love NBA socks, but as a regular consumer, I haven't felt encouraged to pick up a bunch of pairs.

I do want to try those Agility versions, which look more like the typical high-end basketball sock.
wash them cold and hang dry.  never machine dry.  I have regular nba, agility and nike elites.  they all still like new after tons of wears.  (cept the agility I only had those for like a month, but still in great shape so far)

the agility socks are much thinner, they dry super fast

Last edited:
wash them cold and hang dry.  never machine dry.  I have regular nba, agility and nike elites.  they all still like new after tons of wears.  (cept the agility I only had those for like a month, but still in great shape so far)

the agility socks are much thinner, they dry super fast

I've tried hang drying and they end up stretching or being longer than they should be. The Nike Elites stay tight no matter how often I hang dry them. I tried it a few times with NBA socks and they were too long/loose.

real talk i got a lot of socks and i wear my nba/nike/adidas socks only when i hoop or when im hangin out wit a shorty

so i might have only worn my nba socks like 5x at most because itll probably be a month and a half before i get back around to getting to that pair

Never owned a stance sock. Wanna see y nba switched. $5.99 ross
Nice find. There might be difference between those and stance's performance line of socks.  I haven't tried any though so i don't know

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom