What's good with New Orleans?

Well me and the girlfran wanna go to New Orleans for spring break.

What I wanna know is it still a ghost town down there?

I heard Mardis Gras is poppin
females pullin off their shirts just to get some beads FTW

^
laugh.gif

Anyways I doubt it's a ghost town. I mean they had the NBA All Star game. It looked like it was pretty lively.
It should be lively again for spring break.

Well, I know there are certain areas of N.O. that look like a warzone, but in general (im in Baton Rouge right now, which is the state capitol), the concensusseems to be N.O. is still the party city around here. Most people still go to N.O. for a good time and it's getting better

It's not a spring break destination, per se.

But if it's just you and the lady, and you want to check out an interesting town with a ton of history, great food, and nice people, then new orleans isfor you.

I grew up in LA my entire life, and I love N.O. man. It gets a bad rap because of the murder rate and Katrina, but in the parts of New Orleans you'll be inon vacation, that'll be irrelevant.

People swore up and down that All-Star would be the worst one ever, all this shooting and fighting, yet we only had one incident, it was the last night, andwhere it happened, it would have happened any time.

if you wanna go, go. You'll enjoy yourself.

I went there for Spring break in 2004. Went to Bourbon Street and the French quarter, rode on a riverboat across Lake Pontchartrain, and attended a Hornetsgame.

But since Katrina struck it's been bad. The population has reduced drastically since the disaster struck.

Originally Posted by doyung9

It's not a spring break destination, per se.

But if it's just you and the lady, and you want to check out an interesting town with a ton of history, great food, and nice people, then new orleans is for you.

I grew up in LA my entire life, and I love N.O. man. It gets a bad rap because of the murder rate and Katrina, but in the parts of New Orleans you'll be in on vacation, that'll be irrelevant.

People swore up and down that All-Star would be the worst one ever, all this shooting and fighting, yet we only had one incident, it was the last night, and where it happened, it would have happened any time.

if you wanna go, go. You'll enjoy yourself.

Thanks
pimp.gif
. Yeah it's not a spring break destination but me and the girl wanna go to NO just for the food and some sites. I know NO is hurting rightnow and I just wanna help
glasses.gif
. I just wanted to know if it's stillghost there cuz I was watching No Reservations and it looked kinda empty but that was probably filmed last year.
I totally overlooked transportation. Thanksdyyhard. How does that RTA streetcar work? Like where do I buy a ticket and such.

If you have not actually been to New Orleans since Katrina, you have no idea what it's like.

The pictures you see of areas where the houses are still knocked down, that's nowhere near you'll be if you're a tourist.

People like to put down New Orleans, but it's just fine there. I love N.O.

The tourist areas (READ: White areas) are back to their pre-storm splendor.

Certainly goes to say something about the ethics/morals of the Whites & Blacks there regarding their storm-ravaged neighborhoods.

^ The white/touristy areas like the French Quarter are farther away from the levees, which means they didn't get damaged so much. Look at the area aroundTulane, hardly got touched.

It's annoying to hear people make those kinds of comments without knowing anything about the city. Lower 9th Ward, etc. are poor and black, yes, but alsobuilt next to the levees, so they were obliterated when they broke.

That's not to say things were handled in a race-blind fashion, there definitely was some racism at play, but not nearly to the extent some people believe.

^ The white/touristy areas like the French Quarter are farther away from the levees, which means they didn't get damaged so much. Look at the area around Tulane, hardly got touched.
What about places like Biloxi, Bay St.Louis, Surburban N.O, then?

Back
Top Bottom