What's a good credit card for me?

you're better off getting one through the bank. the credit limit is lower but that is a good thing. also depends if you're attempting to establish your credit or not.

EDIT:

Chase probably has the best rewards/mileage program. i just really dislike their customer service
mad.gif

I got a Chase Slate card on the way. No interest for the first 6 months; rate after that depends on the first 6.

I got a Chase Slate card on the way. No interest for the first 6 months; rate after that depends on the first 6.

Originally Posted by MaxSwoosh713

Did they give you a ballpark on the rate if you pay your card off completely and on time each month?

Did they give you a ballpark on the rate if you pay your card off completely and on time each month?

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If I remember right, somewhere between 10 and 20 percent

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

If I remember right, somewhere between 10 and 20 percent

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by tryingtomakeamil

a good credit card is no credit card at all....trust me
Not if you are responsible. This is far from the truth.
What is "responsible"?  I'm closing my credit cards one by one because I'm tired of dealing with the banks and the 1-3% rewards offered are only ploys for you to spend more money.  Since I've switched to using my debit card for transactions, I'm able to save a lot more money now because I have to think about how much is in my account right now and not how much I can "pay off".  Keep in mind that I have never paid interest on any of my credit cards EVER and I don't want to play with the snakes (banks) anymore.  It's pretty telling when a bank's initials are BOA.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by tryingtomakeamil

a good credit card is no credit card at all....trust me
Not if you are responsible. This is far from the truth.
What is "responsible"?  I'm closing my credit cards one by one because I'm tired of dealing with the banks and the 1-3% rewards offered are only ploys for you to spend more money.  Since I've switched to using my debit card for transactions, I'm able to save a lot more money now because I have to think about how much is in my account right now and not how much I can "pay off".  Keep in mind that I have never paid interest on any of my credit cards EVER and I don't want to play with the snakes (banks) anymore.  It's pretty telling when a bank's initials are BOA.

If you wanna finance a car that you can't buy in cash you will need good credit to get a decent rate.

If you want to buy a house, which 9/10 times you won't buy in full, you need good credit to get approved with a decent rate..

Yeah I had my bad experience with CC's and said that it's best to have no credit cards, but the scars were still fresh. But seriously the world revolves around credit. One way or another and if you wanna make the bigger moves in life, you will need it.

If you wanna finance a car that you can't buy in cash you will need good credit to get a decent rate.

If you want to buy a house, which 9/10 times you won't buy in full, you need good credit to get approved with a decent rate..

Yeah I had my bad experience with CC's and said that it's best to have no credit cards, but the scars were still fresh. But seriously the world revolves around credit. One way or another and if you wanna make the bigger moves in life, you will need it.

You should get a credit card through the bank you have your checking accounts with. The rate shouldn't really matter, I wouldn't reccomend getting getting one through a store the rates are usually horrible. I believe,  the vicoria secret one I applied for is 22%. The thing is if you do apply for a car loan or a equity/mortgage they look at your debt to income ratio a credit card is looked at as a debt and you should only use up to 30% of what your limit is and if you do use it I advise to pay it off as soon as possible. If you pay it before the payment comes in there would be a lower interest applied to the amount owed.

You should get a credit card through the bank you have your checking accounts with. The rate shouldn't really matter, I wouldn't reccomend getting getting one through a store the rates are usually horrible. I believe,  the vicoria secret one I applied for is 22%. The thing is if you do apply for a car loan or a equity/mortgage they look at your debt to income ratio a credit card is looked at as a debt and you should only use up to 30% of what your limit is and if you do use it I advise to pay it off as soon as possible. If you pay it before the payment comes in there would be a lower interest applied to the amount owed.

Back
Top Bottom