What Yall think About the Brooklyn Nets

I really don't give an honest damn about them. That is NY Hype. They will be ok but they won't win a championship. So I guess that makes them losers to the general public right?

But forreal I don't care either way.

I am not that impressed with the roster but I think they will do well and end up getting destroyed by the Heat.

I do want to see NY vs NY tho. That should be interesting.

I think they can get to the 6-7th spot in the east barring injury

BUT
Knicks vs. Nets
NY vs. BK (like it really is in real life)

I think I'll cop a ticket for the Knicks vs Nets game in the beginning of the season though

They'll be great on offense with 3 guys capable of dropping 20. And then they have a great glue guy in Wallace

Their backcourt should make the all star game too.

They'll be solid. Really wish Howard wouldn't have opted in though, then they could've potentially had something special.

Last edited:
playoffs for sure...better than 6-7 seed..lol..thats selling them waaaaay short..

JJ and deron will be all stars...gerald is gonna eat quietly, do his thing like always...humphries is a quiet double double...i think the nets got a young squad..might be the best ny team now...we shall see

I give them 5th seed at best. But off topic is anyone in the NY area going to their Home Opener against the Knicks?

I give them 5th seed at best. But off topic is anyone in the NY area going to their Home Opener against the Knicks?

I'm trying hard to go to that game, individual tickets go on sale sometime in September too. I pan on going to the pre season game against the wizards too

i hope they destroy the knicks and take away a lot of their fans.   

Last edited:
why wouldnt Joe Johnson? hes been an all star every year in Atlanta
yes they will make playoffs. could go far depending on how they mesh

I didn't even notice NBA fans liked him that much, my bad. I thought I was the only one that messed wit' his game.

As one of the few Nets fans that's been on NT for awhile, along with JB23 and VC3, I think speak most of us when I say we want a competitive team again. All this about being swept and what not, I care but I don't care lol. Hell, all any team wants is a ticket to do the dance. That would be a far cry from where we were.

I'm a Knicks fan and I think they have a better and more complete starting 5 then we do. They're above average at every position being led by Deron Williams, not bad at all. When Deron was on the Jazz, he led them deep into the playoffs in a talented western conference every year. That Jazz team doesn't have a better starting 5 then what the Brooklyn Nets do right now. However the Nets lack a serious bench, they're not very deep. Knicks beat them on that.

The Nets depending on Brook Lopez health could be as high as the number 2 seed (given that Boston is going to take it easy in the regular season and save energy for the playoffs & Chicago is going to be Rose-less for most the season) or they could drop as far down as number 7. I have them fighting for the 4th and 5th spot with the Knicks, I see them playing each other during the playoffs which would be big for the city.

As an organization, I like their owner and his commitment (must be nice). They've came into town being a bit disrespectful; antagonizing billboards outside MSG. Knicks are an historical franchise and the Brooklyn Nets are just starting, they should do with some class. The Clippers would never come into town and do that to the Lakers but then again the Lakers win, Knicks don't so I could see why they think we're vulnerable.

This is the best team we've had in awhile, so I'm very happy with how the off season turned out. I think DWill & Joe Johnson will do a great job of playing off each other in the back court & will both end up being all stars this year. Joe Johnson coming in & being another threat on offense moves Brook to the 3rd option where I think he will flourish more instead of being the only option besides Deron (Like in the past). I also like the hustle, energy, defense, & rebounding Gerald Wallace brings at the 3... He's an overall versatile player that we needed in the starting lineup. I also like Brooks off the bench... He's a type of player that I see who will keep getting better & his ability to score is something special.

I see us getting the 4th seed behind Miami, Boston, & Indy. But again, I'm happy with how the off season turned out & how our front office was aggressive & made the right moves (even if they were questionable at the time).

I'm definitely trying to hit up that season opener too :nerd: :nthat:

Worst defensive team in the league.

How....? Joe Johnson and Deron Williams aren't even bad defenders and Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries will play good defense. Lopez obviously isn't Dwight Howard defensively but he's a legit 7 footer down in the lane. Bogans, Reggie Evans and CJ Watson are pretty good defenders too. MarShon might be their only real defensive liability and he's only gonna be in there for like 12-15 minutes a night.

why wouldnt Joe Johnson? hes been an all star every year in Atlanta
yes they will make playoffs. could go far depending on how they mesh

I didn't even notice NBA fans liked him that much, my bad. I thought I was the only one that messed wit' his game.
they don't. He doesn't get voted into the game by the fans. Only the starters do and Wade/Rose will have the guard slots locked down for a while. He's always named to the all star game by the coaches. The fans only determine the starters, not the guys coming off the bench

Last edited:
How....? Joe Johnson and Deron Williams aren't even bad defenders and Gerald Wallace and Kris Humphries will play good defense. Lopez obviously isn't Dwight Howard defensively but he's a legit 7 footer down in the lane. Bogans, Reggie Evans and CJ Watson are pretty good defenders too. MarShon might be their only real defensive liability and he's only gonna be in there for like 12-15 minutes a night.

What are you basing Joe Johnson and especially Kris Humphires playing good defense on?

Back
Top Bottom