what would you do if you bought a stolen phone??

odog24

Banned
i bought this phone off of craigslist. and later i found out its stolen cuz all the guys stuff was signed in and he posted "looking for my lost fone"

frown.gif

I would return it but that means my money would go in the garbage.

His email, facebook, twitter, etc.. are signed in so ihave his email. 

i might ask him if he want it he can pay me what i paid for it but if he doesnt wanna do that ill just sell it online.

what would u guys do?

Well what kind of phone is it?

Have you tried getting in contact with the person who sold you the phone?

Oh and i'm pretty sure this guy isn't gonna pay you for the phone.

depending on how sensitive the info is, like a average females phone with 200 contacts and instagram id keep it and just wipe it

but in your case, looks like dude uses it for a lot, like most NTers he uses it for everything, id contact him and explain to him the situation and have him split the cost with me if i paid a lot

its not your fault you bought a stolen phone, although you could have done a little bit more research and inspection when you met up with the seller, at the end of the day you didn't steal it.

on another note, buying new phones FTW, nothing like peeling off all the damn stickers and wrappers off
pimp.gif

You're S.O.L. & not very bright in the first place for buying a phone off of craigslist.

The right thing to do would be to return it to the original owner. You will not get money back for it.

You could try to contact the person that sold you the phone & ask for a refund but the likelihood of that happening isn't very high.

How guitly do you feel?
If not that much just keep it.
Or email him with an bogus email and tell him you can sell it right back. Since you bought it without knowing it was stolen.
If he really wants it that bad he should give you at least 50%.

its a nexus s 4g. for sprint
the person who sold it to me is prolly the guy who stole it so he wouldnt be of much help.
im going to email him and explain the situation and tell him to pay.

according to his facebook he lost it while clubbing lol
naw i dont feel guilty but it would be nice to help someone out.

Originally Posted by odog24

the person who sold it to me is prolly the guy who stole it so he wouldnt be of much help.

give him the phone back. its the right thing to do

he was probably all wasted and left it...someone found it and didnt steal it and decided to sell it

just close your eyes and hit the restore button lol

Yeah im 98% sure he won't pay but ill at least give him the chance.
Already emaild him. If he doesn't pay then its his loss.

Stolen from a store??? I'd keep it. Stolen from another person??? I wouldn't even buy it. It's up to you tho, but I'd give it back. Plus, I can't ever imagine buying a used phone. You know how many germs are on a human hand??
sick.gif

Since you got into contact with him and it is a Sprint phone he can report it lost/stolen and the ESN will be no good unless you're planning on flashing it to Cricket

Just give the man his phone back because it's the right thing to do

Good thinking, he probably reported his phone missing after you contacted him and now the ESN is burned. Now neither of you can use it.

Son, you know he won't pay. Its an Android phone. He can easily just cop one from insurance and re-sync all of his info to it.

If he reports it stolen, isn't it useless anyway? Something about Sprint and ESNs?

Originally Posted by odog24

I'm pretty sure since its a sprint phone you won't be able to use it anyways. It has to have a clean ESN # for you to activate it on your account. If he reported it lost or stolen then the ESN will be flagged as such and you can't use it anyways. Might as well ask him to buy it back from you 

Hes not repsonding to hisemaili gotit for 160.Sprint said it hasnt been reported lost or stolen yet.

Back
Top Bottom