What would you do???HOme Depot question

these past 2days i got interviews from 2 different home depots,on ehome depot is 15 to 20 minutes away from my apartment and would pay me 9.80 an hour workoingwith wood and stuff like that and the other home depot is 5minutes away from my apartment and they are offering me the cashier position at 8.50 an hour.i knowthe first one pays more but the other one is closer,what would you do?

take more pay.......and who wants to be a cashier.....if you work in the lumber department you can at least walk around

Extra $1.30 and you don't have to deal with customers as much? Only 10 more minutes. For a 40 hour week, you'd make an extra $52, which would cover thecost of the extra gas.

The farther home depot is the better option.

ive had a ton of friends who've worked at home depot. all of them say working in lumber is a nightmare. take it for what it's worth
laugh.gif

lumber department actually gets pretty busy, but I would defintely go for that position instead of the cashier since the pay is way better. I got hired at homedepot less than a month ago working as a cashier $8.90/hr, job is pretty coo

NEVER be a cashier at HD, the cashiers basically RUN the whole store and thats from experience. I hated working there

Originally Posted by dustblaaze

Extra $1.30 and you don't have to deal with customers as much? Only 10 more minutes. For a 40 hour week, you'd make an extra $52, which would cover the cost of the extra gas.

The farther home depot is the better option.
QFT.

I work for Home Depot and honestly Lumber and Building Materials is a workout. Be prepared to lift a lot of cinderblock, 80lb bags of cement, 16' pieces oflumber, plywood, sheetrock/durock!! Plus you have to be nice on the large and small size forklifts to manuever material through the aisles and on and off theshelves. On the other hand, Cashiering isn't that bad (depending on your store). Random sku checks, constant calls to the MOD (manager), angry customers,price checks, and you're basically confined to one area, but u might get some chicks that creep up in your line. However, u can start of as a cashier, dothat for about a season, and then switch to another dept without a salary decrease, that's the route I would take...

im kinda leaning toward the cashier position because i was a cashier for a year at another store so im pretty comfortable dealing with p.o. customers and ujust stand there and chill.i like being busy because the day ends faster but i hurt my knee playing basketball last week and i dont want to mess it up anymorelifting suoer heavy things and working fast.ill have to sleep on it and decide before thursday

there is something I just hate about home depot...It just seems walking in there I feel like its manual labor all around...

btw, how do you work from home at home depot?

Originally Posted by eight2one

there is something I just hate about home depot...It just seems walking in there I feel like its manual labor all around...

btw, how do you work from home at home depot?
you aint never lie... like its a sweatshop
laugh.gif

what do you mean how do you work from home depot at home? i got hired for both positoins at 2 different places and just havent decided which job to take

Back
Top Bottom