What will technology be like in 150 years?

Read the "The Singularity is Near" by Raymond Kurzweil

One thing we can predict with certainty is that computers will surpass human beings in natural* intelligence. I don't mean number crunching, clearly allcomputers today are superior to humans in that regard. I mean computers will be able to think for themselves and furthermore exceed our own ability to thinkfor ourselves.

*(I'm not a fan of the term artificial intelligence)

Eventually one computer will have more natural intelligence then all of humanity..........combined.

There will be a point where computers are actually inventing new technology independent of human programmers and guidance software. Whats the point of 5thgraders shooting the ball when they have Kobe on their team?

I'll post more depending on the level of discussion and how serious you guys are. This is a topic that fascinated me for a while.

It's hard to comprehend the future even for the most brilliant minds today. Try explaining the Saturn V rocket (moon rocket) to the Wright Brothers andthen telling them we'd be on the moon in 1969.

Originally Posted by p charm

2012 bruh
laugh.gif
true.

At the rate were going, we will be ridiculously advanced in 150 years. Space travel will probably be as common as air travel and we will be in communicationwith foreign life.

Damn imagine how skinny skinny jeans will be then.
Women will run around with clubs knocking dudes out
Women will be proposing to men to marry them
Everyone will be be able to impregnate themselves

Originally Posted by minnetrapolis

I just got back from seeing avatar for a second time (first time after
pimp.gif
[it was
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
]).. and i noticed that it takes place 150 year from now. that got me to wondering will technology be similar to the technology in avatar in that time span? when will we be able to visit other planets, or other galaxies? that may seem unrealistic but think about how primitive humans were 150 years ago.

either way i'm stoked to see some dope @$@ technology come around
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I wouldn't exactly call humans from 150 years ago primitive. There were steam engines, iron hulled ships, railroads, the entire Industrialrevolution.

Because you know how to use a computer and a cell phone doesn't make you more advanced, it just means you learned how to use it. You are a product of yourenvironment, as were people in the 19th century.

Although I don't know you, and I don't want to jump to conclusions, I would wager that you don't truly know how the things you take for grantedactually work, you simply know how to use them. You speak as if people from the 19th century were of lesser intellect than you, just because you live in anage where technology dominates our daily lives.

Back
Top Bottom