What shoe got you interested in sneakers?

There was no sneaker culture in the early 80s, but my Father had a pari of the Converse Dr. J.s. I used to watch my Dad play
rec league basketball and see him glide through the air with the Afro catching wind just like Dr. J. I used to wear them around the house
all through the week wishing that my feet were big enough to fill them.
View media item 815433
Fast forward to a trip to JC Penny's for church slacks and I saw the Nike Air Jordan I. Coolest shoes I ever laid eyes on since my Dad's Dr. J Converse.
View media item 815539

Between the Nike Air Jordan I and the Air Jordan III and IV it was a pair of Glow-in-the-Dark Keds that I would love to see retro'd.

Cool story bro -not being sarcastic- :nthat:

Last edited:
birdman lugz-serious 
indifferent.gif

I'm a big Gilbert Arenas fan (obviously) and when he was in his prime I wanted to get the shoes he wore. Did some research and learned about release dates, special colorways, and limited edition pairs for the first time. I had these:

Last edited:
I was always into kicks since I was a kid. Anything with an air max bag had me mesmerized. I remember wanting tuned airs, and stuff like that, but they were too expensive. Olympic USATF AM Internationals were one of my favorite pairs I owned as a youngster. I never knew it was ok to have more than one pairs of shoes until I was like a sophmore in HS, or that being into kicks was a thing. One day in 06 I stumbled upon a pic of HOA infrared 90's, and I was stunned. I ordered some 180 ID's shortly thereafter, and it was all downhill from there

Even draw between Cherrywood 16s & Snakeskin 11s. I was like 6, my brother & sister had the 11s. They blew my young mind. The 16s a kid had them in 1st grade. Instead of getting a pair...I got some Tommy Hilfiger's. Til this day, my greatest regret in life.

I always liked shoes since I was young but when I saw the Melo 1.5 I absolutely wanted but my mom said no. My fav non numbered Jordan. The flint 13 was what got me collecting retro J's

I don't remember the first pair in particular, but I do remember these pairs I had during the early beginnings of my infatuation with sneakers.

Nike Shox VC 3:

The high tops:

I loved these so much as a kid:

Last edited:
I had these! I loved them but I hated them also. Because there were kids who had the Pippens which is the same shoe but had the FULL air pocket around the whole shoe. Difference was one shoe was 85 the Pippens were 150.00!

Honestly, the mid-top white on white Air Force 1's lol. Back in eighth grade/middle school, everybody had a pair. I needed a new pair of shoes that I could wear everyday and also use for ball, and these AF-1's would suffice. Had to get good grades for mom to even consider buying them for me. Then one day I googled air force 1's and it brought me to instyleshoes.com that showed a bunch of different colorways. I remember wanting those clear Invisible Womans pretty badly haha. Needed new shoes for organized ball and ended up getting Huarache 2K5's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom