What laundry detergent are you using?

Gotta use that non scented. Dont like smelling like a washateria. If i want my clothes to smell good i spray Cologne.

I hang dry pants, jeans, non-undershirts.

I figured most folks did the same, unless they took it to a dry cleaner.

The only thing that goes into the dryer is undershirts, underwear, wife-beaters, socks, sheets, towels, washcloths

I am sure if I didn't, my energy bill would be greater than if I didn't.

this except I throw it all in the dryer for 5 minutes to reduce wrinkles and stiffness then hang dry
Yup, I do the 5 min thing, too.

Gotta use that non scented. Dont like smelling like a washateria. If i want my clothes to smell good i spray Cologne.
Wasting juice spraying it on your clothes.

Last edited:
You should probably use a fabric softener if you aren't, or a better one if you are. Your clothes shouldn't feel like that from hang drying. Plus I don't know why you are doing it but your towels will benefit from being dried in the dryer. Hang drying fully wet towels doesn't give it that fluffly look and feel.

Just my .02 cents
My mom insists on hang drying everything if the weather is good enough outside. Including the towels no matter how much I disagree. The difference between a towel dried in the drier and one that's been hang dried is like night and day. The dryer makes them feel smooth and a bit fluffy whereas the hang drying turns them into sandpaper, figuratively speaking. Feels more like I'm scratching my body than drying it with a fresh hang dried towel.

As for hang dried clothing, it's mainly my higher end t-shirts that annoy me when they're hang dried. The ones with high quality smooth and soft cotton. Rather than being smooth and soft like when they come out of the dryer, they have a more paper-ish and stiff feel to them like the towels. Idk how to exactly describe it. 

My other t-shirts don't seem to have that problem.

Last edited:
Mic%20Drop_spring%20meadow_PI_1600x1600.png

Gain all day. I hang dry all my clothes with the exception of my draws, socks, basic t-shirts and shorts that I use just to wear around the house.

Currently using Kirkland detergent and softener from Costco. Does the job just fine.

Man growing up my parents would use washing powder. That **** would eat clothes up. I got older, started working and started wondering why everyone smells like they dry clean their clothes. I finally bit down and bought some Tide and Bounce. I aint been back since. No Gain, No Purex damn sure no Arm and Hammer. I said all that to say, I think Millennials don’t use fabric softener because they were raised by Boomers who didn’t.

Man growing up my parents would use washing powder. That **** would eat clothes up. I got older, started working and started wondering why everyone smells like they dry clean their clothes. I finally bit down and bought some Tide and Bounce. I aint been back since. No Gain, No Purex damn sure no Arm and Hammer. I said all that to say, I think Millennials don’t use fabric softener because they were raised by Boomers who didn’t.

Gotta use these to take it to the next level.

GUEST_cd4416c4-f2b2-42ef-afa2-5b7821ff8a7b

Tide Pods w/ Oxy.

Wife was big on organic, until I showed her that organic breeds bacteria in the pipes/drains.

Gotta use these to take it to the next level.

GUEST_cd4416c4-f2b2-42ef-afa2-5b7821ff8a7b
These and dryer sheets are terrible for your dryer, unless your opening and cleaning your dryer once a year. The waxy residue get everywhere and prematurely ages your dryer. I understand its in wash, but that stuff gets in your clothes then you heat it up in the dryer.

My mom would open our dryer once a year and it would look like the inside of a cotton candy machine.

These and dryer sheets are terrible for your dryer, unless your opening and cleaning your dryer once a year. The waxy residue get everywhere and prematurely ages your dryer. I understand its in wash, but that stuff gets in your clothes then you heat it up in the dryer.

My mom would open our dryer once a year and it would look like the inside of a cotton candy machine.

Ok. Thanks for letting me know.

Back
Top Bottom