What kinda foods absorb alcohol best?

Originally Posted by Rexanglorum

After years of drinking, hangovers and trial and error, I have distilled the result many hard lesson learned at the hand of experience. I hope this helps some of you guys who are new to drinking.

You want a "pre game meal" and a "post game meal."

The pregame meal needs fat in it. Fat coats the stomach because if the stomach lining has lots of contact with alcohol, it will "burn" and you will be much more likely to vomit, get nausea, spit up a shot or some combination thereof. If you are vegetarian/vegan and cannot have meat or cheese or cream or butter, I highly recommend olive oil and/or deep fried foods. Pasta with lots of olive oil or Greek food with fried falafel and oily dolmas with pita bread at good examples.

Other great pregame meals are Americanized Chinese food, Mexican food, Pizza, Steak and Potatoes and my favorite a "Three by and Fries, well and animal" from In 'n' Out Burger. It is not only delicious but that meal has almost perfect starch to fat balance, it is has fries but is not completely fried and it is the perfect portion size (too much food can cause the same problems as a stomach that is not coated).

The Post game meal is usually similar but try to go a little more bland and with more emphasis on starch. Look to drink lots of fluids, get potassium and also try for getting in some B-Vitamins. Water, potassium and B vitamins are what your body really heavily loses from drinking and causes that bad hangover. Also try to get in some fruits and vegetables. I know that few crave those things when drunk but even just a little fruit can reduce your hangover. If you cannot eat or drink potassium and vitamins naturally, get some vitamin water(revive aka fruit punch has lots of potassium and B vitamins) or supplements

Pickles are good because they have lots of water water, potassium and salt/electrolytes. The free pickles are one of many reasons why I love Canter's and other Jewish deli/coffee shoppes like that, after a night of drinking (or any time really). Broth is another food/drink that is very good. If you do not want to cook, a great to avoid or reduce a hangover is a grilled cheese sand which, some kosher pickles, oranges, a banana, a mug of broth, a quart or more of water, a fruit punch vitamin water and some Tylenol Eight Hour and a double dose of a a B complex and multi vitamin. That should prevent a hangover if you were drunk and will reduce the pain if you were hammered.

pimp.gif
my man! coming thru!!! I dont even fast food anymore, but a #1 fromeither McDonalds/Burger King look like my pregame meal...

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

yo why do so many people do this?

gonna have to end up drinking more to get as drunk as you normally would w/o the food, right?

just stay hydrated and take some l-taurine

oh and
laugh.gif
@ the bread in the club image. posted up with a baguette and %%$+.
I never prepare like this, but it's the big 21(peep the s/n), and its gonna be a flow of shots left n right from my peers, soo i needsomething to at least make me last a lil longer....Im no longer conditioned like I was last year for drinking.

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

some dudes are so critical about the pre and post game meals...might as well just watch what you drink and in moderation.

if you plan to get toasted, especially if youre the man of the hour, you deserve a hang over
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
I feel ya, but you understand Im goin out tonight, then during theday, then i got some bday dinners, then tommorow night......its a gonna be a long weekend

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

^applaud that man. strong post
pimp.gif

i've never really had a hangover because i take mad precautions when i drink. definitely eat beforehand... and while i'm drinking a bottle of water is mandatory. after i'm done partying, its time to hit up Subways and kill a 5$ Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast footlong
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
What time subways close out there? You be getting wasted mad early.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

Who's going to bring bread to the club?

haha see like great looking women dancing all seductively - and one dude walks up all slowly to some buck-wild chick and says "can I buy you a drink sexy?"......and proceeds to pull out a peice of bread to prepare.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
thats so ignorant, but i just pictured...

oh ok i feel you

hbd

seriously though l-taurine during/after drinking.......shown to reverse liver damage caused by drinking. found in energy drinks. do your body a favor.

Only Rex could write so much about what to eat before getting drunk and what to eat after being drunk.

Hydration before getting drunk > bread

Commence terrible food afterward...fried chicken never tasted so good.

are you thinking about eating before drinking or eating after drinking? in my limited amount of drinking experience (low tolerance FTL) it makes a difference.

whatever the case, hot links/hot dogs generally hit the spot after drinking. a good mix of starch from the bread and grease from the hot dog

Haha. The bread thing.

But as people stated......it is best just to watch what you drink and you should be straight. The worst thing you can do is just drink a lot on an emptystomach. I know people that know this, say it out loud and proceed to throw back 5 shots and wonder why they feel like crap the next day. Smart drinking makesfor a good experience.

haha see like great looking women dancing all seductively - and one dude walks up all slowly to some buck-wild chick and says "can I buy you a drink sexy?"......and proceeds to pull out a peice of bread to prepare.

laugh.gif

017262120c0bd18b42dfab8e244e9fcae7d818fa.gif

what the !@!! are you even talking about? Are you 12 years old or something?

i had a quiznos footlong before taking 21 shots. lets just say i suggest eat more than a sub, eat like pizza and wings

Originally Posted by throwedyonasb

Originally Posted by Pmighty

laugh.gif
yo @*+ are you talkin about
grin.gif

who said anything about bringin food to the club??
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I cant breeeaaathee

Originally Posted by Sha77er S7ar I

some dudes are so critical about the pre and post game meals...might as well just watch what you drink and in moderation.

if you plan to get toasted, especially if youre the man of the hour, you deserve a hang over
laugh.gif
this...

and personally I eat lots of spicy foods and that works best...

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

^applaud that man. strong post
pimp.gif

i've never really had a hangover because i take mad precautions when i drink. definitely eat beforehand... and while i'm drinking a bottle of water is mandatory. after i'm done partying, its time to hit up Subways and kill a 5$ Oven-Roasted Chicken Breast footlong
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
What time subways close out there? You be getting wasted mad early.
laugh.gif

fr breakfast.

Something with substance before you drink, but like people have said you don't want TOO much

Drink ONE glass of water before bed, drinking too much after a LONG night of drinking will likely make you wet the bed
laugh.gif

Greasy food in the morning and a big Gatorade

May I also suggest...if you're hung over but have nothing to do the next day (ie - work/school), just drink a beer. You'll feel much better.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

May I also suggest...if you're hung over but have nothing to do the next day (ie - work/school), just drink a beer. You'll feel much better.

thats real...

Back
Top Bottom