What jackets yall rockin this fall/winter?

Eh. To each their own. I'm a big believer in you get what you pay for. @ninjahood actually had a great quote about that in the old fall/winter coat thread.

My jackets/coats with another North Face likely being added to the rotation soon.

For weather ~45 and up":

For weather 35-45:

For weather <35:

Coat is from 98 but might be one of the best coats I've ever worn in terms of warmth. Got me through four brutal winters at Syracuse. This is when North Face was it's peak in both designs and actual purpose. Won't find the latter in many of the retros they sell today.

It's 30 degrees in NJ and supposed to dip to 21 later, when i come back from class i'll write a review.

QnHK4UX.png
cCan you guys find a jacket like this for me?
check ccs.com got mine for $60

Hope everyone is copping something that gets the job done, it's shaping up to be cold winter out east. Need to scoop some long johns next time I'm out.

Last edited:

This is when North Face was it's peak in both designs and actual purpose. Won't find the latter in many of the retros they sell today.

My 96 Steep Tech is still the warmest coat I've owned 

So Steep Techs are that warm without having to layer a heavy hoody or fleece under? I remember some people posted that they felt cold when they wore theirs.

In reference to down jackets having a few feathers come out, my RLX bubble vest always has a few coming out. I thought that was normal for down jackets.

i don't understand what it is with steep tech. its not as if its fleece lined or anything. but the coat actually works well in freezing *** cold weather. personally ive made it my snowboard jacket. its tough as ****, str8 body armor with kevlar and other materials. built ninjahood tough.

i wouldn't rock it with a t shirt. its not standard issue polar exploration canada goose type ****. but if u dress appropriately for winter, you could be fine.

disclaimer: idk about the steep techs of today, i got one of the early generation steep techs when its $400 min to grab. also results may vary lol

I have an original one, not a retro, which is what you'll see most people wearing. Yes, it is that warm. I get all kinds of looks because it is bright, but hey, I'm toasty. Just have to wear gloves which I don't like because they are too bulky.

Uniqlo Ultra Light Down:

The jacket is pretty dope for 70 dollars, it is unbelievably warm for the price I paid, when I wore the coat inside I was not hot. When i wore the coat outside it kept all the heat. It was about 30 degrees this morning and all I had on was a nike long sleeve tee under. It is comfortable but the only complaint I have is that when I turn my head while wearing the hood, the hood doesn't contour to my head movement. But I just wore a hat to fix that problem. If you choose to purchase a jacket, get the non hooded one, not only is it cheaper, it probably has the same insulation.

Idk if I have the endz to cop a NF Steep at the moment, but I've been eyeing some pieces from Carhart WIP lately. 

Idk if I have the endz to cop a NF Steep at the moment, but I've been eyeing some pieces from Carhart WIP lately. 

depending on price, steep techs may not even be worth the cop. too many other companies out there with other solid choices...spyder, patagonia, columbia..arketyx or w.e..

Uniqlo Ultra Light Down:

The jacket is pretty dope for 70 dollars, it is unbelievably warm for the price I paid, when I wore the coat inside I was not hot. When i wore the coat outside it kept all the heat. It was about 30 degrees this morning and all I had on was a nike long sleeve tee under. It is comfortable but the only complaint I have is that when I turn my head while wearing the hood, the hood doesn't contour to my head movement. But I just wore a hat to fix that problem. If you choose to purchase a jacket, get the non hooded one, not only is it cheaper, it probably has the same insulation.

Yup. Told you guys, there's nothing this good for that cheap anywhere. Like I said, I have expensive North Face jackets too, and this keeps me just as warm as them

That Uniqlo looks too thin to be considered a winter coat. What's the insulation? I think y'all just adjusted to the cold :lol:

What is that warm?

Can't imagine those jackets would keep you warm in today's weather which was 25.

Word way too cold for that thin looking jacket, can't imagine how that thing would look with a hoodie underneath :x

Look, It doesn't have anything to do with adjusting to weather, i've been dealing with harsh weather my whole life. I know when a coat insulates and when it doesn't. I thought it wouldn't work too because of how thin it is, but trust me it gets the job done well. I have a ralph lauren bomber coat i was wearing with corduroy lining and i thought that would do well but the Uniqlo Coat is on a whole different level.

Been scouring the net for one of those Nike Destroyers. Tough find.

Copped a huge toggle coat last year for 40. 

Never got it tailored. Because it feels like a wool marmot for me. 

This will get me through winter yet again. 

But for Fall Next year, I'm trying to cop a Tan woolcoat. 

Source: http://threadandsalt.com/

Back
Top Bottom