What is the MTV True Life Episode with the HS Basketball Player who enters the NBA Draft?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Where is Evan burns
Looks like he played in the D-league last year for the Sioux Falls Skyforce. He's not on their current roster this year though. Never got thehype with him.

Where is Evan burns

dont even get me started
tired.gif

Senior year he averaged 28 and 18 boards for Inglewood HS.
In 04-05 for the Florida Flame (D-league) 2.3 pts 4.3 rebs in 12 games.
I wonder where he is now.

Remember on SIdeline LA Hoops where it was his team vs Westchester (Hasaan Adams)

D Miles and Q Rich hopped the fence to get into the parking lot of that game LOL

I remember the year when they had the Hassan Adams vs Evan Burns thing. Adams had his bday in at McDonald cuz he was a McDonald all American. I miss thosedays. . anyone remember when the show called the Season, when they used to follow people for or teams for a year. St john's ftw.....

Speaking of True Life, I never realized that the kid they followed around for the episode of gaining weight is playing (and starting) for Denver.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

DeAngelo Collins
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
deangelo_collins.jpg
Full Name: DeAngelo Collins
Position: Forward / Center
Height/Weight: 6-10 / 230
Birthdate: November 21, 1980
High School: Tustin HS (Tustin, CA), then Inglewood HS (Inglewood, CA)

BACKGROUND

Has played professionally in the Philippines, Argentina, and Turkey since graduating from high school in 2002. Played with Red Bull Barako in the Philippines in 2004, leaving the team in April to return to the United States. Appeared in one game with Darussafaka Istanbul in Turkey during the 2002-03 season in the ULEB Cup, scoring four points and grabbing three rebounds.

High School Highlights: An early entry candidate for the 2002 NBA Draft. Selected for the 2002 McDonald's All-American Game, where he scored 15 points on 6-for-15 shooting including 2-for-4 from three-point range and grabbed six rebounds. Named a Third Team High School All-American by USA Today and Parade Magazine. Averaged 28 points and 18 rebounds as a senior. Averaged 23 points, 15 rebounds, and four blocked shots as a junior. Named MVP of the 2001 ABCD Camp All-Star Game.

Is his birthdate wrong?

Tell me this dude wasn't playing in the McDonald's HS All-American Game at 21 years old... that's O.J. Mayo status.

DAMN..i didnt notice that...i'm a year older than him, but i was a senior in COLLEGE in 2002. hell, i might have been an all state if i was playing w/ kids4 yrs younger than me..

That show w/ the Clippers is still one of my all time favorite shows..

Originally Posted by langfor5

Speaking of True Life, I never realized that the kid they followed around for the episode of gaining weight is playing (and starting) for Denver.
Huh?

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Huh?

He was a HS senior and going to ND for football to play dtackle (?) and he was trying to put on weight because he was 40lbs lighter than the average tackle onthe team. what was his name? he STARTS for denver? jeesh. swore that episode aired like yesterday. time flies.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

DeAngelo Collins
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
deangelo_collins.jpg
Full Name: DeAngelo Collins
Position: Forward / Center
Height/Weight: 6-10 / 230
Birthdate: November 21, 1980
High School: Tustin HS (Tustin, CA), then Inglewood HS (Inglewood, CA)

BACKGROUND

Has played professionally in the Philippines, Argentina, and Turkey since graduating from high school in 2002. Played with Red Bull Barako in the Philippines in 2004, leaving the team in April to return to the United States. Appeared in one game with Darussafaka Istanbul in Turkey during the 2002-03 season in the ULEB Cup, scoring four points and grabbing three rebounds.

High School Highlights: An early entry candidate for the 2002 NBA Draft. Selected for the 2002 McDonald's All-American Game, where he scored 15 points on 6-for-15 shooting including 2-for-4 from three-point range and grabbed six rebounds. Named a Third Team High School All-American by USA Today and Parade Magazine. Averaged 28 points and 18 rebounds as a senior. Averaged 23 points, 15 rebounds, and four blocked shots as a junior. Named MVP of the 2001 ABCD Camp All-Star Game.

Is his birthdate wrong?

Tell me this dude wasn't playing in the McDonald's HS All-American Game at 21 years old... that's O.J. Mayo status.

DAMN..i didnt notice that...i'm a year older than him, but i was a senior in COLLEGE in 2002. hell, i might have been an all state if i was playing w/ kids 4 yrs younger than me..

That show w/ the Clippers is still one of my all time favorite shows..

Damn Dude is mad old. I graduated from HS in 2000 and was 18. dude really had 4 years on me.

Originally Posted by TENnAHALF

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Huh?

He was a HS senior and going to ND for football to play dtackle (?) and he was trying to put on weight because he was 40lbs lighter than the average tackle on the team. what was his name? he STARTS for denver? jeesh. swore that episode aired like yesterday. time flies.

laugh.gif
yeah i remember that episode. dude would be eating burritos to game weight.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

I remember the year when they had the Hassan Adams vs Evan Burns thing. Adams had his bday in at McDonald cuz he was a McDonald all American. I miss those days. . anyone remember when the show called the Season, when they used to follow people for or teams for a year. St john's ftw.....

Yoooo, I totally forgot about that show. I remembering watching the one they had on the Sixers. I'm pretty sure that was the year they went to the Finals-that show was dope.

speaking of DeAngelo Collins...he's now in South Korea playing pro ball but he just got busted for possession of marijuana
smh.gif

Remember on SIdeline LA Hoops where it was his team vs Westchester (Hasaan Adams)

D Miles and Q Rich hopped the fence to get into the parking lot of that game LOL
Bill Simmons just announced on a recent PodCast that he will tell his ESPN friends to re-air Sideline LA Hoops to be on ESPN Classic. Lets remind him on Twitter please

http://twitter.com/#!/sportsguy33

laugh.gif
 yea i remember them jumping the fence

Does anyone remember the true life where they followed this guy who played d3 basketball for a small new york school? I remember he got injured and they were filming all of his rehab. Im not sure but i think he played preseason with the heat this year and his dad used to play in the nba.

Back
Top Bottom