What is the MTV True Life Episode with the HS Basketball Player who enters the NBA Draft?

oggangsta23

Banned
If anyone knows the name of the episode or the name of the player. I cant remember because it was years ago. I jsut remember he thought he was better thanAmare Stoudamire and came out the same year and didnt get drafted. Thanks

thanks....now does anyone know where i can see this episode...i tried youtubing his name and true life basketball but i cant get anything

i'm almost certain it wasn't a true life episode. it was like a 1 time 3 hour special that was similar to the "made" series but without thecoaches and more serious. there was also a guy on there who was a rookie cop if i remember correctly.

I remember this... dude went to fairfax right?
laugh.gif

episode was hilarious in the mcdonalds game he crossed amare and tried to dunk on him and then amare sent it to half court lmao. sux he aint get drafted.

I have a hazy memory of the episode, I just remember being like "this guy's a %+*%@+! clown". Did MTV follow him on draft night?? That'd bepretty sad t.v.

Damn I remember this episode like it was yesterday.... He put his name in the 2002 draft I believe

Yea I remember those kids at the Gym lining up to get his autograph and him warning them not to lose it b/c it was going to be worth something SMH

DeAngelo Collins
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][/table]
deangelo_collins.jpg
Full Name: DeAngelo Collins
Position: Forward / Center
Height/Weight: 6-10 / 230
Birthdate: November 21, 1980
High School: Tustin HS (Tustin, CA), then Inglewood HS (Inglewood, CA)

BACKGROUND

Has played professionally in the Philippines, Argentina, and Turkey since graduating from high school in 2002. Played with Red Bull Barako in the Philippines in 2004, leaving the team in April to return to the United States. Appeared in one game with Darussafaka Istanbul in Turkey during the 2002-03 season in the ULEB Cup, scoring four points and grabbing three rebounds.

High School Highlights: An early entry candidate for the 2002 NBA Draft. Selected for the 2002 McDonald's All-American Game, where he scored 15 points on 6-for-15 shooting including 2-for-4 from three-point range and grabbed six rebounds. Named a Third Team High School All-American by USA Today and Parade Magazine. Averaged 28 points and 18 rebounds as a senior. Averaged 23 points, 15 rebounds, and four blocked shots as a junior. Named MVP of the 2001 ABCD Camp All-Star Game.

Is his birthdate wrong?

Tell me this dude wasn't playing in the McDonald's HS All-American Game at 21 years old... that's O.J. Mayo status.

Back
Top Bottom