What Is So Bad About Going To The Movies By Yourself?

Originally Posted by SharpiePoint

you guys say you are willing to go during midnoon. but would you go to the movies on a busy fri night? would you go to the bar/club on weekend nights as well? because i knoe someone who does
laugh.gif
smh
Why not?
When you got your $%^@ together like I do
your likely to run into some chicks.

If you're confident you shouldn't care what others say/think...But people would probably think you're a loner

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by kdawg

Nothing. Some people are just insecure.
basically. i have no problems doing ANYTHING by myself... shopping...going to a restaurant.. seeing a movie. i'm secure enough with myself that i can do these things. i am interesting enough to keep myself company. plus i get a lot more accomplished if i do it on my own. and sometimes i like to just get lost in my own thoughts and not have to bother with other peoples troubles and thoughts.

Exactly how I feel. During the semester I will eat lunch by myself so I can relax and get away from everyone else. My GF says she dosent like that and it makesher sad. Im like for what I just want to be alone forr like 30 min

Nothing bad about going by yourself. I don't really enjoy movies enough to take the time to go by myself though, usually it's other people who inviteme because otherwise I have no motivation to go.

I've been on both sides...with friends and solo. I've got to say when I go alone I do FEEL a bit like an idiot going alone, especially when you go at arandom time and it is mad couples and just like small groups of friends. I feel your seating options are a lot more limited to when going alone because even ifthere is 1 empty seat in the middle you can't sit there if there are people seated all around you. I hate the concept of having people talk about me, orthink about me in a non positive way. It's a little sad...and honestly we shouldn't care, but sometimes you feel like you are stepping outside ofsociety when you are there solo. Going to the movies generally is not always 100% about the movie...it is about doing something with people you enjoy spendingtime with. I'll say though...i prefer going to a movie solo, as opposed to going to with people I 'm not trying to chill with regularly.

It's all a mentality though. I'm sure if someone actually asked me why I was there solo within a minute of them talking to me they'd agree with myreasons and think i'm a good looking, normal guy. It's just that you know people aren't going to ask, and instead they are going to assume.It's just an annoying feeling...but one that really shouldn't matter to us.

Its no biggie.a lot of my freins be at work.I work graveyard so I'm in a different time zone..lol

Originally Posted by retr0sxual

Only insecure people worry about doing things alone.

I hate when my friends will beg me to go somewhere with them. Get your #$%!$*% swag up.
Like the $$*#!@ grocery store or some +*%*, right?

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I've done it before to see Star Trek because nobody wanted to watch that %%@$
laugh.gif
The lighting effects in that moviehad me
eek.gif
But I cant do restaurants by myself often though.. Feels weird.. In fact, I've never dont it, but I would.

nothing...i go on occasion.

but then again idc cause i work there n dont have to pay for anything
wink.gif

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

Nothing wrong with it in my opinion. I've done it before to see Star Trek because nobody wanted to watch that %%@$
laugh.gif
The lighting effects in that movie had me
eek.gif
But I cant do restaurants by myself often though.. Feels weird.. In fact, I've never dont it, but I would.
word, the first movie I ever watched by myself was Star Trek this year. Nobody in my group of friends likes to smoke and watch a scifi flick. SoI got up Friday morning, blew some
pimp.gif
in the parking lot and caught the10am show. It was only $6 and I had the whole theater to pick seats from, whereas the later showing is $11 and you have to go early as hell to get a seat. Itis a little awkward at first, but once the movie starts it's all good.

I'm one of those people that doesn't need to have someone accompany me all the time whenever I go places. I swear some of my boys need their hand heldwhenever they go anywhere. Sometimes I just like doing things by myself cause I can it done much faster and efficient.

Originally Posted by SiMPLYDiMPLY

Originally Posted by kdawg

Nothing. Some people are just insecure.
basically. i have no problems doing ANYTHING by myself... shopping...going to a restaurant.. seeing a movie. i'm secure enough with myself that i can do these things. i am interesting enough to keep myself company. plus i get a lot more accomplished if i do it on my own. and sometimes i like to just get lost in my own thoughts and not have to bother with other peoples troubles and thoughts.

co-sign. ive been made fun of cause ive gone to a restaurant by myself. i see nothin wrong with it. just some alone time to clear my thoughts and think abouteverything.

Im going to admit, I love to do things by myself but yea Im too insecure to watch a movie by myself in a theatre. I was gunna miss Transformers 2 because I hadno one to go with and that is one of my FAVORITE movies
smh.gif
smh.gif

i havent done it before, but i would have not prob trying it

knowing my pathetic schedule, i might spend the entire day at the theater watching movie after movie
laugh.gif
smh.gif

i do alot by myself...

its just easier to move that way...

never ate at a restaurant alone cuz to me its pointless...i'll just get my food to go...

i have eaten alone but never at a restaurant...maybe a qdoba/panera type place but never fridays or olive garden

nothing is, but people like myself, have their own insecurities

I've actually gone to a movie by myself once and enjoyed it, but stuff like movies is something that i think is really fun when you watch it with your friends.

wasnt there a thread about this a few hours ago?
lol i havent done so yet but i wouldnt mind but i do make fun of my friends who do only for the lulz though

Back
Top Bottom