WHAT IF THIS WERE YOU AND YOUR OG's

no surprise...sheeesh.  I simply double box them.  I have them in their original boxes and then place those inside a larger box.

OG VIIIIs are a ticking timebomb where crumbling is concerned.

Even if you wear, them you have to store them carefully to avoid cracking.

Originally Posted by Cadwallader

I only have one pair of sneakers that I've never worn. And that's only cause I don't have anything to wear with them right now. I wear all my sneakers. When I was a kid, buying a 150 pair of sneakers to put away and never wear was completely unheard of. In the '90s, if you spent that much money on a sneaker, you wanted every one to know it.

We Loved our shoes. We wore our shoes. And when they lost their freshness, we balled in them. And when the new Jordans released, we threw the old ones away and updated to the newest model. This was the way things went until around 1999......

Enter the internet, Successful selling retros and a horde of "collectors". I have nothing against the people who deadstock, it's the concept that I don't like. I don't see the enjoyment one gets out of watching their sneakers deteriorate. I also don't believe that any retro after 2003 will ever become seriously valuable besides the original DMP. Hence, I don't see the point.

I have a lot of sneakers, but nearly everyone of them have been worn. So by recent definition, I'm not a "collector". I'm just a guy that likes sneakers. The picture of the sample VIIIs is the destiny of every deadstock sneaker. When my shoes fall apart, me wearing them will be the cause of it, not my ignorance.

Great post

laugh.gif
roll.gif

You guys and girls are to worried! You can ds you kicks 8-12 years and still wear them I know ive done it just depend on the type of J's, darker colors are the best to ds. I have a ds pair of Ewing rogue II that came out the same year as this OG 8 and they are still in good condition just when i put tention on the heel with my hand i notice small cracks on the sole so of course if I wear them i know they will come apart. For some people who don't understand why we ds is simply because the older the shoe and availibility the more it will sell for, certain J's not all of them and I like to ds some of my J's for 2-3 years then bring em out cause everyone elses is messed up and you don't see all the young grade schoolers in them nomore. So if people buy shoes and never wear them let them do them. Just make sure you have a pair of heat on your feet at all times.

if you do decide to keep a show DS but eventually wear them casually aren't you supposed to wear them in the house for 30 min or something like that.

That's madness... catastrophic... so in other words... rock my kicks huh? I got a few on DS, but I wanted to keep it tht way, but I can't even pick em up what's the point

if you have to "learn" to wear your kicks then whatever
happens happens

If I was told up front that I would never be allowed to wear the Jordans
I buy, I would never have bought any at all.

Rather have a slightly yellowed Jordan than a "ds" that is unwearable.
At least wearing them somewhat rationalizes this ridiculious habit.

Thats what happened to one of my boys he bought the Aqua 8 OGs before they retroed and when he wore them they started to crumble.

Back
Top Bottom