What ever happened to Al Davis?

NT, I know this might've been talked about a lot, but I don't ever remember threads about this. So, Im asking now. What happened to Al Davis, the owner of the Raiders? I know he's very old right now, but he built one of the best NFL teams in the Late 70's, 80's and late 90's and early 00's. So, please NT. Fill me in on what the hell happened.

Raider fans are just waiting...
mad.gif

Is there an heir to AD like the Steinbrenners?

What are the speculative plans for the Raiders post Davis?

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Is there an heir to AD like the Steinbrenners?

What are the speculative plans for the Raiders post Davis?

Amy Trask. She's like Al Davis on steroids. Think about that.

I just saw that ESPN special that Ice Cube directed about the L.A. Raiders this afternoon...Davis is still pissed off at Marcus Allen and won't explain why...

Al thinks he still knows how to run a NFL franchise but he needs to step back and let someone else run the Raiders. I couldn't see him ever selling the team so I'd expect him to pass the team down to a family member. Does he have any sons/nephews?

He used to be a great owner (thats coming from a 49ers fan) & one of the very few owners who genuinely loves the sport and would do anything to put a winning product on the field but unfortunately the game has passed him by a long time ago. From the coaching decisions (Gruden/Callahan/Shell/Cable) to player decisions (McFadden/Hayward-Bey/Russell/Nnamdi's contract, etc.) he just hasn't been able to build a team successfully. I really think once he is gone Oakland can finally start to turn it around.

i beleive he has a son who is going to be the next owner...no idea if that is good or bad.

btw...he is ugly......resembles splinter

i beleive he has a son who is going to be the next owner...no idea if that is good or bad.

btw...he is ugly......resembles splinter

he finally may turn things around this year, this off-season we didn't have any crazy draft picks or FA signings, every move we made this off-season made perfect sense.

And I read an article that said that Nnamdi Asomugha had a meeting w/ Al Davis before mini-camp and Al told Nnam that he wants to win BADLY because al doesn't know how many years he has left in the tank.

A lot of Raider fans, including myself, believe that Al has finally turned the corner from this awful losing season streak.

BTW, why has no one mentioned that Al DAvis' raiders went to the superbowl just 8 years ago?
the raiders were good during the early part of the 2000's, the game hasn't passed Al Davis by... he still knows football. Al has just always been a guy who goes against the grain, a lot of busts have been raiders because al always selects guys that have high boom or bust potential.

* And the heir to the Raider empire is Mark Davis, Al's son.
Mark has openly said in the past that he does not plan on being heavily involved in football operations.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TheCalculator

he finally may turn things around this year, this off-season we didn't have any crazy draft picks or FA signings, every move we made this off-season made perfect sense.

And I read an article that said that Nnamdi Asomugha had a meeting w/ Al Davis before mini-camp and Al told Nnam that he wants to win BADLY because al doesn't know how many years he has left in the tank.

A lot of Raider fans, including myself, believe that Al has finally turned the corner from this awful losing season streak.

BTW, why has no one mentioned that Al DAvis' raiders went to the superbowl just 8 years ago?
the raiders were good during the early part of the 2000's,
the game hasn't passed Al Davis by... he still knows football. Al has just always been a guy who goes against the grain, a lot of busts have been raiders because al always selects guys that have high boom or bust potential.

Mark has openly said in the past that he does not plan on being heavily involved in football operations.
pimp.gif

cuz everyone like to hate on the raiders ....

hope they do well this year ....there Defense look
pimp.gif
, hopefully they wont get burn out again because there O can't stand on the field longer then 2 min.

pimp.gif

Does he intend to keep the team or sell?

I'm very interested in this topic, I don't follow football but all of my buddies are diehard Raiders fans. I always hear about how "I can't wait til Al kicks the bucket" and i'm interested in the potential future direction of the team, and ownership as a whole.

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Does he intend to keep the team or sell?

I'm very interested in this topic, I don't follow football but all of my buddies are diehard Raiders fans. I always hear about how "I can't wait til Al kicks the bucket" and i'm interested in the potential future direction of the team, and ownership as a whole.
He intends to keep the team, otherwise Al would probably throw a fit.

the raiders were good during the early part of the 2000's, the game hasn't passed Al Davis by... he still knows football. Al has just always been a guy who goes against the grain, a lot of busts have been raiders because al always selects guys that have high boom or bust potential.

pimp.gif
laugh.gif
 Alot things change in 8 years...Heck the Rams and Buccaners were great back then too.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

laugh.gif
 Alot things change in 8 years...Heck the Rams and Buccaners were great back then too. 
The point i was making was that THE GAME has not changed drastically in 8 years, if Al can build a successful team in 2002, I don't see why he can't do it in 2010.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

laugh.gif
The point i was making was that THE GAME has not changed drastically in 8 years, if Al can build a successful team in 2002, I don't see why he can't do it in 2010.

This is true, 8 years before that, the Raiders were AWFUL in 94'.

My-T.

Back
Top Bottom