What era/generation do you wish you experienced?

the 70's, dancin' thru Soul Train lines all day. I'd be pullin' Pam Grier lookin' broads with the same yambtastic moves. :lol:

This is gonna sound wild, but I've always wanted to time travel back to the antebellum South.

I'm not African American, but I am black, and there's a part of me that really wants to see and experience, of sorts, what it was like living in those times. It's like, I'm not itch made or anything like that, but I personally don't think I'd have the strength to survive in that era as a black person. Knowing this, I've always wanted to meet those black men and women that lived that life and really just thank 'em for having so much strength and hope and faith.

Imagine knowing that tomorrow and everyday for the rest of your life you would be worked to the bone, see loved ones sold off never to be seen again, be lacking even in the most basic of privations, etc. How do you not just say eff it and commit that? So yeah, I want to go to back then, and witness the strength of my people first hand.

Have you read the book Kindred? It'll be your next best bet to being there. Great book.

Nah, I haven't; thanks for the recommendation, I look it up.

Back
Top Bottom