What Does Taste in Music Tell Us About Others?

What specific artist they're listening to, nothing.

But as many have already said, if you only listen/know only one genre of music whether it's top 25, or only hip-hop/R&B AND if claim to be a music lover, it creates a strong presumption that you're a pretty narrow minded person (which isn't always necessary bad).

What specific artist they're listening to, nothing.

But as many have already said, if you only listen/know only one genre of music whether it's top 25, or only hip-hop/R&B AND if claim to be a music lover, it creates a strong presumption that you're a pretty narrow minded person (which isn't always necessary bad).

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Tell you one thing, your diversity in music correlates to your diversity in life.
There's a flip side to this though.

Those who say, "I listen to anything" (or even worse, "I listen to anything but country") can be extremely unoriginal.
Not really, could mean they're really that open minded, or aren't as crazy about music to be that picky. Like say, some people with clothes.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Tell you one thing, your diversity in music correlates to your diversity in life.
There's a flip side to this though.

Those who say, "I listen to anything" (or even worse, "I listen to anything but country") can be extremely unoriginal.
Not really, could mean they're really that open minded, or aren't as crazy about music to be that picky. Like say, some people with clothes.

That's all well and good but if you can't name specific artists or genres then you are basically a human sieve.

That's all well and good but if you can't name specific artists or genres then you are basically a human sieve.

adorno5.jpg

gramsci_pd.jpg

They said it mattered.

Back
Top Bottom