what do you do while waiting at the light?

Change music.

Txt, check twtr
tired.gif

i always happen to run into pharell for some reason at red lights.

stare around, check out phone :lol: now i think about it ive always something to drink. its different when with gf or friends doe. one my boys always messing around with other cars :lol:

"i always happen to run into pharrell" :lol:

Last edited:
Used to just look at my phone, but now cops are doing cell phone checks everywhere so I stopped doing that..now I just sit and look around waiting for it to go green.

If Im first when waiting for the lights I just stare at the traffic light waiting for it to turn green. If Im behind someone then stare to the side.

Text... Is it just as bad to text at the light than text while moving? I've unfortunately tricked myself into thinking it's not so bad

^ it probably isn't as bad but it's close. You're not concentrating on what's happening around you and the temptation is to just press send as you start to move - and not see someone run the light the other way...

In the UK using a phone in your hand while driving is illegal - texting or talking. The definition (which a lot of people don't know) of driving is being in the driving seat with the engine running - so even pulling over isn't good enough and you can get a ticket (about $100 and 3 points on your licence - 12 points gets you a ban).

I strongly agree with that law too. I was in the US in the summer and it's frightening how many people text and drive - I think that's worse than talking on the phone - at least you can be looking where you're going if you do that.

i'm always bumping my music

and then i feel awkward and like a jerk to the whips around me

but i try acting like I'm still enjoying my music just as much and like i'm too cool to give any dambz

when its impossible for me to because I've already been put out of my zone and wondering what the cars around me think of me

I used to have a car with a really uncomfortable seat that would destroy my lower back so when I got to lights I would lean the seat all the way back and lay down.

but i try acting like I'm still enjoying my music just as much and like i'm too cool to give any dambz

when its impossible for me to because I've already been put out of my zone and wondering what the cars around me think of me

Thought i was the only one but I will turn down my music at a light or roll the windows up.

Thought i was the only one but I will turn down my music at a light or roll the windows up.
This is common courtesy . The people around you dont need to hear your music especially if its vulgar in nature. I'll do the same things that you mentioned but as soon as that light turns green and I pull off, the voulmes going right back to 30.
^ it probably isn't as bad but it's close. You're not concentrating on what's happening around you and the temptation is to just press send as you start to move - and not see someone run the light the other way...

In the UK using a phone in your hand while driving is illegal - texting or talking. The definition (which a lot of people don't know) of driving is being in the driving seat with the engine running - so even pulling over isn't good enough and you can get a ticket (about $100 and 3 points on your licence - 12 points gets you a ban).

I strongly agree with that law too. I was in the US in the summer and it's frightening how many people text and drive - I think that's worse than talking on the phone - at least you can be looking where you're going if you do that.
One of my boys had a suspended license and was getting ready to Drive(mistake in itself) but all he did was get in the Drivers Seat and turn his car on and a cop ran his plates, saw he had a suspended license and arrested him. Tried to talk himself out of it, but the fact that the engine was on meant that he was driving. Didnt even know that was the letter of the law until then.

Last edited:
Wait til the other driver gives me eye contact to give her/him a smile and a slight :wink:

Last edited:
Look at the people in the other cars, trying not to get caught.

Just look at the others cars around.

Both of these. :smile:

Also depends on what type of stoplight I'm at. It's different if I'm at a known sensored light/non sensored light or a busy intersection.

Sometimes (if the actual stoplight allows it), I keep my eye dead focused on the on-coming traffics' stop light.

If you're positioned correctly, there's usually a small hole where you can see the colors of the stoplight. This definitely works best at dusk or night. I'll see it at green, then when it hits yellow i release the brakes and start to either make my left turn or proceed straight. :lol:

I pray that whoever is in front of me isnt one of you guys so I don't miss the light

Back
Top Bottom