What do you do for a living?

My dad is a mailman in Chicago for the USPS and cleared 91k + holiday tips this past year. Add in the gov benefits and 401k matching... I was pretty surprised.

Must differ for location

No way my local mailman gets that or tips lol

Last edited:
I work for a ISP and Cloud solutions provider for small to large sized businesses, headquartered in Atlanta. My dept manages the inventory: receiving, testing and deploying equipment.

I enjoy the job because it's low key and my boss gives us autonomy but I need more $$$. It'll have been a year in April. I want to have my CCNA by then and if they not talking more money I'm gonna look for some Network Admin gigs. Shout outs to the Information Technology thread. Good info there for those in or considering the field.

I have ownership stakes in a motel and a restaurant. Most of my time is spent managing the motel. I am also a registered investment adviser but I don't do a lot of work in that field at this time.

I "make" next to nothing because I reinvest everything back into the businesses. I have side jobs that pay me roughly 10 thousand a year so I can reinvest the business income. 27 years old.

Full time Grad student at U of M (graduating this May) ,and also work for a Social Finance organization as a Micro-lending  Admin. 28 living in Detroit. Strongly considering going into impact investing when I graduate. 

Partner in a recently launched Private Equity firm. Formerly, I was a Vice President for a multinational private equity firm in NYC. 28 years old.

I don't feel comfortable divulging my annual earnings.

:x

It's ok humble millionaire

View media item 1864621
I grew up with this kid/part of my church.

I def have respect for entrepreneurs or top level

I was working as a financial analyst for a government contracting company until I built up the courage to quit last year and start up my own photography business. So I'm currently doing that full time as well as working at Starbucks 2-3 days a week. It's all so much more exhausting than when I was a financial analyst but it's so much more fulfilling.

I'll be 27 in March, btw.

Link to your business ?

Started off building the Help Desk for IT staff
Now working as Project Manager for a non profit Healthcare/Total life firm
I will become CSM certified at the end of this month in hopes of transitioning roles.

25y/o

How did you get hooked up with the first job? Ive been in IT for about 8 years working for numerous companies and organizations..feel like ive seen most of how they all work..seems like a great fit for me..

27 btw

What kind of experience/background do you need to get into this?

I'm in IT customer support for a national DC lawfirm. Looking for a change.

Most of these CG/CPG sales management pipelines promote from within. So you start off as a sales associate, then work your way up sales district leader/territory sales manager/etc. To get your foot in the sales associate door, not much is needed. You've gotta be personable and flexible pretty much. EJ Gallo/Phillip Morris/PepsiCo are some of the major players in various segments, and always have openings somewhere.

I did my bid with one of these for ~5 years before deciding to head back to school and work on my PhD, so I've got a few more years of ~30k before I clear ~150k.

Last edited:
What kind of experience/background do you need to get into this?

I'm in IT customer support for a national DC lawfirm. Looking for a change.

Believe it or not very little to be honest.depending on if you go on premise(bars, restaurants,) or off premise( grocery stores, liquor stores) you may need a restaurant background etc. for off premise you it doesn't matter because most companies start people off as a merchandiser or sales rep in order to learn the business

Advertising copywriter.

I think of ideas. I put them on paper. I sell the ideas to the client. I make a commercial.

But, since I'm asian. I'm also a failure.

:nthat:

Advertising Art Director but I do more writing than designing.

What agency? :nerd:

edit: I just turned 29.

Last edited:
Director of Account Management & Client Success for a tech start-up here in NYC.

I won't divulge my exact base but it's above $150K and below $250K. I also have quarterly and annual bonuses and 20,000+ options

I'm also a minority owner in the following NYC establishments (shameless plug):

- 2 bars (The Garret & The Garret East)
- 1 speakeasy lounge (Visana)
- 1 pizzeria (Pisa)

I'm also 32, to put things into perspective. I been grinding for a minute
laugh.gif

Physical therapy assistant. Pretty chill job. Wish the money was better and more stable. 80-110k in Cali. Need a legit side hustle...reselling shoes isn't cutting it. Lol
I'm a PTA also. What setting are you in? I was in home health making pretty good money now I'm looking to do some traveling therapy. Home health and traveling is where the money is at but home health is too inconsistent for when my day starts and ends.
ya'll making 80-100k in cali as a PTA? how much do PT's get there? I'm currently in PT school and i've heard that the starting salary for PT in NYC is about 70-80k only 

I'm a PTA also. What setting are you in? I was in home health making pretty good money now I'm looking to do some traveling therapy. Home health and traveling is where the money is at but home health is too inconsistent for when my day starts and ends.
Home Heath. And per diem and skilled nursing. Never did traveling. How's that. They pay for your housing and crap right. How's the pay rate

Home Heath. And per diem and skilled nursing. Never did traveling. How's that. They pay for your housing and crap right. How's the pay rate

Right now I'm talking with a traveling agency and will be doing it as soon as they find something in the areas I want to work. They will give you a stipend for housing and food which will be tax free, but pay you a low hourly wage which will be taxed. They pay weekly and from what I was told the average is 1200-1500 weekly with room to increase pay the more you travel. I have a Georgia and Alabama license right now and will probably get other state licenses if it's something I want to do for a while.

Right now I'm talking with a traveling agency and will be doing it as soon as they find something in the areas I want to work. They will give you a stipend for housing and food which will be tax free, but pay you a low hourly wage which will be taxed. They pay weekly and from what I was told the average is 1200-1500 weekly with room to increase pay the more you travel. I have a Georgia and Alabama license right now and will probably get other state licenses if it's something I want to do for a while.
That's cool. I wonder how much they gonna give u for food and housing

My dad is a mailman in Chicago for the USPS and cleared 91k + holiday tips this past year. Add in the gov benefits and 401k matching... I was pretty surprised.

Don't underestimate government jobs. It's hard to get in but once in, it's a great place to retire from. Unfortunately the job itself is monotoned but that only matters to people that care. I have a buddy that works for the DMV at their corporate office in Sacramento. He sits at a desk and surfs the internet and gets paid to do an hour of work at most.

Site manager for a security firm, 40k. Cake job but no more advancement. Looking to switch careers and jump into IT. Working on my BA right now and hope to get my A+ Cert in the next 6 months to hopefully land an entry level help desk job while finishing school

:x

It's ok humble millionaire

View media item 1864621
I grew up with this kid/part of my church.

I def have respect for entrepreneurs or top level

That's my guy Gil, we went to high school together at Loomis. His lil' bro Eric went there too and both them boys went Ivy for undergrad and grad school.

Just had drinks with him and his wife at my bar a couple weeks ago. So damn proud of dude, one of the smartest, most humble human beings I know.

Back
Top Bottom