What do people think about the shape and cuts of materials on the CDPiiiandTBiii?NT share thoughts

The CDP iii's as well as the new tb3 seem bigger than the older pairs in terms of look. The elephant print seems thicker which makes it look like itsticks out more as if the strip of elephant print is thicker now. All of the rubber or foam or whatever the material is below the leather seems bigger too, itlooks like it is a little taller and the lines are less streight, where on older retros the lines where it meets the leather seems straighter. I feel thisgives the bottems of the shoes a flatter look where as now they look kind of curvy. I feel like this does not seem to apparent on cdp and the new tb iii butif they release the white cements people will really notice.I think it will be more noticable on the white cements because it so much more of a pure lookingshoe and its the more iconic version that even non jordan shoe heads recognize and associate with MJ himself.

the new 3's, 4's, and 12's shape is
sick.gif

I am more getting at how people have been really complaining about the shape of recent retros, like the cdp 11 and the cdp 12 etc, no one has said much aboutthe shape of the recent iii's but I think they look a lot different. The older ones look so much softer and cozier and the new ones looks almost like acartoon version of the old ones esp on the bottem below the leather. The way that a cartoon often makes the main features or signature features of somethingbigger it seems like they are doing that with the rubber that goes along the bottem from the air bubble to the elephant print as well as the strip of elephantprint.

^i noticed the same things on the past retro of IIIs, they look like some stiff replicas, the 01 version still had that plush look

i dont really think jb mess the shape up on the cdp 3 or tb 3 as to the 12's,4's,7's,11's
nerd.gif
now they really look different
eek.gif

I liked the 09 True blues, I liked the print and the midsole on the inside of the shoe being half white like the OGs

i just feel like if you look at an old pic, the mold on the bottom looks smaller than the mold on the knew ones, am i crazy ?

09 are way better made then the cdpiii, the cdp look like they were made to be looked at ,, tb 09 feel like they were made to actually play ball in,,

don't have cdp 3 but the 09's look like the 01's too me, the paint isn't up to par but I feel like shape, and leather are pretty close.

ehbball88...do you own any cdp 3s or tb3s? if not judging these by piks alone is not enough, when you hold em in your hand they'll look and feel great...

but, thats why these are retros, they will never ever be EXACTLY the same as the predecessor...

i own 2 pairs of the tb3s, had one at first then liked em so much that i copped a 2nd pair...

the quality of these IMO are great, best jb has released for a retro in awhile...

i still want a pair of cdp3s myself, the only thing i dont like about em is that the black leather looks off to me, like shiny or something...

im so scared to wear my ds 09 TB now...im hearing all these people with cracking white midsoles..after a few wears smh

Damn man that sh it's gonna happen people, so wear em hard. They'll have that vintage look...

i don't complain about about shape of current retro's, i understand that the shape or material will never be the same as older retro's or OG'sso i don't waste my time complaining, i just wear them and take care of them. im just happy to see certain sneakers retro'd. but like stated in allthese types of threads, no matter what, you cant please people now a days

i own the cdp iii and am hoping the tb iii come out in the states, im trying to collect 1-23 so i cant afford to buy any more extra pairs i already own if itsgonna be over retail even though i know im gonna regret not getting the tb if they dotn come out, too much coming out next year, 6's and the 2'shopefuly, and the 11 this year

I will say this. The 09 TB3 is better than the CDP III. Leather used was different, Plastic feel on the CDP, and more of a leather feel on the tb3. Hugedifference.

Originally Posted by El Bro

I will say this. The 09 TB3 is better than the CDP III. Leather used was different, Plastic feel on the CDP, and more of a leather feel on the tb3. Huge difference.
this is it.

o yeah i forgot to mentioned the retro nubucks are 10x better then the o.g. i have the o.g. nubucks the suede is mad fugly i like the retroes better

Back
Top Bottom