What are your thoughts on being an older college student?

Originally Posted by acidicality

Don't worry about it. There were always older folks in my classes. Some dudes who were definitely 40+.
Yeah, that would be embarrassing for me. I remember seeing this lady, who was like 45-years-old and always in her scrubs, exit the Criminal Justice class next to mine all the time.
I'd hate to be 20 years older than the average student in my class. You're still really young, OP. You probably hardly look any older than most seniors. The average student takes more than four years to graduate, anyway. No one is looking at you saying, "My gosh, he looks like he should have graduated a few years ago, why is he here?!" Seriously, this is minuscule in comparison to people taking classes, who have children a little younger than yourself.

Originally Posted by bkdan1

Keep it moving. They're still transitioning to college life. If it really bothers you, talk to the professor/TA about it.

what is he gonna say? the other students are bothering him? lol

Keep it moving. They're still transitioning to college life. If it really bothers you, talk to the professor/TA about it.

Handle your +@*$+$% business and stop worrying about what other people are thinking. Matter of fact, i'm sure they aren't thinking about you, they're too busy trying to guarantee themselves a career, so just do you.

Handle your +@*$+$% business and stop worrying about what other people are thinking. Matter of fact, i'm sure they aren't thinking about you, they're too busy trying to guarantee themselves a career, so just do you.

Originally Posted by oidreez

School isn't free and if I'm not getting the education I'm paying for due to an inadequate learning environment or whatever other reason, I'd be heated.

I'm about to be 21 and still considered a freshman by the amount of credits I have
30t6p3b.gif
Going to school part time ftl but at least I'm getting my education

Originally Posted by oidreez

School isn't free and if I'm not getting the education I'm paying for due to an inadequate learning environment or whatever other reason, I'd be heated.

I'm about to be 21 and still considered a freshman by the amount of credits I have
30t6p3b.gif
Going to school part time ftl but at least I'm getting my education

thanks everyone for the responses. It's good to know there are other people out there in the same boat as I am. I also think it's true, I need to just worry about myself and my school work and not care about what other people think. I guess being 2 or 3 years older isn't a big difference, it just kind of crossed my mind today when I felt like an odd ball in this one class that I am in.

thanks everyone for the responses. It's good to know there are other people out there in the same boat as I am. I also think it's true, I need to just worry about myself and my school work and not care about what other people think. I guess being 2 or 3 years older isn't a big difference, it just kind of crossed my mind today when I felt like an odd ball in this one class that I am in.

Man just keep it moving and keep doing you. Always remember you there for a goal. Im 27 and im going back to finish up now. personally I was prob to immature to finish when i was younger but i been holding down a nice Job now for about 5 years and im gettin my education as well. So just get that education my dude and dont worry bout nothin else.

Man just keep it moving and keep doing you. Always remember you there for a goal. Im 27 and im going back to finish up now. personally I was prob to immature to finish when i was younger but i been holding down a nice Job now for about 5 years and im gettin my education as well. So just get that education my dude and dont worry bout nothin else.

I graduate in May with my BA in Business Admin/Marketing..... Due to graduate curriculum, and where I'd have to go in order to get my Master's, I plan on going through undergrad for a different major (Political Science) (I should be able to get though it in 2 (at the least) or 3 (at the most) semesters)... Then go on to get my masters, and doctorate... Then hopefully go on to some sort form of teaching (preferably university level).

By the time I graduate completely done with undergrad (with 2 degrees) I will be 23 (hopefully)....  27 when I'm completely done........FTL......

As you get older you understand the reason you are there... So don't let it get to you.. You are there to accomplish something, other people's maturity level is something out of your control..

I graduate in May with my BA in Business Admin/Marketing..... Due to graduate curriculum, and where I'd have to go in order to get my Master's, I plan on going through undergrad for a different major (Political Science) (I should be able to get though it in 2 (at the least) or 3 (at the most) semesters)... Then go on to get my masters, and doctorate... Then hopefully go on to some sort form of teaching (preferably university level).

By the time I graduate completely done with undergrad (with 2 degrees) I will be 23 (hopefully)....  27 when I'm completely done........FTL......

As you get older you understand the reason you are there... So don't let it get to you.. You are there to accomplish something, other people's maturity level is something out of your control..

Back
Top Bottom