What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

The smell of this one is off putting to me. Not a bad taste.
C1FD8C43-CB22-45E1-BFF0-AF8006584281.jpeg

The smell of this one is off putting to me. Not a bad taste.
C1FD8C43-CB22-45E1-BFF0-AF8006584281.jpeg
I’ve seen you posting about whiskey/bourbon before…do you dive into Scotch often?

Most I’ve had before have had a prominent peat taste, which I absolutely hate. I’ve heard a lot of great Scotches don’t have that peat flavor, but haven’t brought myself to branch out just yet. I’d love some good Scotch recs from this group on a non-peated or earthy tasting scotch.

I’ve seen you posting about whiskey/bourbon before…do you dive into Scotch often?

Most I’ve had before have had a prominent peat taste, which I absolutely hate. I’ve heard a lot of great Scotches don’t have that peat flavor, but haven’t brought myself to branch out just yet. I’d love some good Scotch recs from this group on a non-peated or earthy tasting scotch.

I don't mind the occasional peaty Scotch but they're not really my favorite.

Try something from the Highlands.

Balvenie (The Doublewood 12 is one of my favorite 12's)
Glenmorangie (Nectar D'Or. Quinta Ruban. Also nice 12's)
Oban (Little Bay or 14).

Or if you can swing something aged even longer, you'll likely find something even smoother.

Not often with scotch. I was on the coast last night and all of my go to’s were out. I’ve just been meaning to try it and I went for it.

***update***
That scotch offers a much better experience now that it’s been open for a few days. The smell had reduced and almost subtle now.

Is there a decent resale market for 1792 Full Proof? Picked up a bottle for about $45 tonight.

Is there a decent resale market for 1792 Full Proof? Picked up a bottle for about $45 tonight.

Not really. But depending on your area you can move it for 60 to 80.

I haven't paid more than 60 for it and refuse to pay more.

I don't mind the occasional peaty Scotch but they're not really my favorite.

Try something from the Highlands.

Balvenie (The Doublewood 12 is one of my favorite 12's)
Glenmorangie (Nectar D'Or. Quinta Ruban. Also nice 12's)
Oban (Little Bay or 14).

Or if you can swing something aged even longer, you'll likely find something even smoother.
The-Spiderman-pointing-at-Spiderman-template-Source-Reddit_Q640.jpg

Wow, all my favorites, too (except Oban - don't think I've tried it yet), but I also really hate anything peated, though.

But yeah, tmay407 tmay407 , like illphillip illphillip said, anything Highland is what you want. Cask strength stuff is really potent - Glenlivet Illicit Still, Aberlour Abunadh Cask, both are pretty kick-***.

As for tonight, I'm sippin' High West Double Rye while binging Doom Patrol. It's a cold-*** rye night lol.

Last edited:
Not really. But depending on your area you can move it for 60 to 80.

I haven't paid more than 60 for it and refuse to pay more.
Figured there probably wasn’t a big one. Just haven’t seen it in stores around my way before, and I’m a sucker for picking up the items with a “Limit 1” sticker when I see them.

Bought a bottle once before and it wasn’t really my cup of tea. Had lots of other Full Proofs that I’d certainly pay more for.

Sounds like it’ll probably be a gift bottle for someone down the road.

The-Spiderman-pointing-at-Spiderman-template-Source-Reddit_Q640.jpg

Wow, all my favorites, too (except Oban - don't think I've tried it yet), but I also really peateds.

But yeah, tmay407 tmay407 , like illphillip illphillip said, anything Highland is what you want. Cask strength stuff is really potent - Glenlivet Illicit Still, Aberlour Abunadh Cask, both are pretty kick-***.

As for tonight, I'm sippin' High West Double Rye while binging Doom Patrol. It's a cold-*** rye night lol.
Appreciate you and illphillip illphillip and the others for the recs. I’m gonna start diving into other stuff this year.

Off of a small pour and I let it breathe for a while, it was quite smooth. I noticed more of the spice level than sweet. I would recommend it.

FB_IMG_1641590092539.jpg

Lucky to have had a few of these bottled. But bottle number 1 is eluded me.

lol had a few missed opportunities on the RR13 as well…. It’s painful man.

Recently traded a SJr 17 for an ETL, another bottle that I’ve come up empty handed over the years.

7637B7DB-2B15-4A3A-AA1F-7E9A999DABB0.jpeg

lol had a few missed opportunities on the RR13 as well…. It’s painful man.

Recently traded a SJr 17 for an ETL, another bottle that I’ve come up empty handed over the years.

7637B7DB-2B15-4A3A-AA1F-7E9A999DABB0.jpeg
You had a batch 17 on the Stagg Jr?

I would have kept that. This is the last year they are putting Jr on the bottle. You know how those final bottles go price wise...

If you can get more batch 17 let me know. I got two batch 16's and a batch 13.

You had a batch 17 on the Stagg Jr?

I would have kept that. This is the last year they are putting Jr on the bottle. You know how those final bottles go price wise...

If you can get more batch 17 let me know. I got two batch 16's and a batch 13.

I had multiples so it was a pretty fair trade for me since the secondary on the ETL is going for +100 more in my area. Loved batch 16… keeping that for myself. Hope to come across more 17s as I’ve actually haven’t opened one up yet.

How is that? I wanna try it, but I generally find bourbon way too sweet.

For both of yall. Do ya'self a favor and try the 100 proof. Significantly better than the 93.

If you can find it on the secondary market they just released their Master Blend Edition 005 which was 100% aged and distilled by them.

I had multiples so it was a pretty fair trade for me since the secondary on the ETL is going for +100 more in my area. Loved batch 16… keeping that for myself. Hope to come across more 17s as I’ve actually haven’t opened one up yet.

If you have an extra 17 let me know.

As someone who distributes all these high end/rare whiskeys, you fellas are lucky you're getting your hands on some of these bottles.

And, some aren't even rare. It's just supply chain issues.

call me what u want... but i only be messin wit casamigos nowadays... i was on the patron and it get me outta character and gives me a hangover now.. idk why

The secondary bourbon market is just as bad as the secondary sneaker market. Regular Blantons is going for $200-300, smh…

Nooooooo.... Blanton's can be had for 120 ALL DAY on secondary. Should be even less in your local groups.

Back
Top Bottom