What are u sippin on? VOL.......cheers

If i go to a bar what type of martini should i order?

What should i say.

A simple...humble...martini. nothing over the top.

Something respectable
Just go with what Rex said,I've had Hendricks,wasn't really a fan but it's nothing bad,Haven't tried the others...Usually going with Bombay Sapphire if I'm drinking gin.
What's everybody drinking for Fat Tuesday?

Just go with what Rex said,I've had Hendricks,wasn't really a fan but it's nothing bad,Haven't tried the others...Usually going with Bombay Sapphire if I'm drinking gin.
What's everybody drinking for Fat Tuesday?

I wish that Fat Tuesday was an event where I live. A big, public party is always welcomed.

Hendrick's really goes heavy with cucumber and can be not ideal for martinis or other short gin drinks. I find it works best in summer time cocktails like Tom Collins, Gin Rickey and South Side.

My personal favorite way to use Hendricks is in a gin and tonic with dry tonic water, a splash of grenadine, the juice of a lime and the Hendricks on a ton of ice. The grenadine must be homemade though, here's a recipe:

- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1cup sugar
-(optional) cinnamon stick
-(optional) handful of Jamaica/dried red Hibiscus flowers

In a very clean sauce pan (ideally cleaned with a paste of water and baking soda while humming "I'm in Love with the CoCo") melt the sugar in the pomegranate juice, simmer on medium high for 15 minutes. If you use cinnamon, let it mull in the syrup. If you are using the flowers, place them in a mason jar and pour in the syrup and let step over night. Once the syrup is cooled, strain into a clean mason jar. It will keep for at least two weeks in the fridge.

Last edited:
Had a glass of Clase Azul Reposado last week 
nthat.gif

Casa Noble Anejo not too bad either. Where the tequila drinkers at?

I don't know much at all other than when a tequila is aged for X amount of years, it's actually aged that number of years, unlike most scotch, etc. that clame said years.

I'm gonna cop a bottle of that Clase Azul Repo.

Tequila the only thing I won't drink,had a peach margarita last Saturday because it was free,remembered why I hate tequila so much :smh:

I got a few more recipes that are especially good here in early fall.

Ward 8:

2 oz whiskey (any whiskey will do. I prefer half scotch and half bourbon)
1 oz lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
1 oz orange juice (fresh squeezed(
splash of grenadine (see my recipe a few posts back)

Shake all ingredients in a shaker with ice and strain into a chilled glass, a single old fashioned glass or coup is ideal. Garnish with orange and lemon slices.

Gin Tea Lemonade:

1 1/2 oz tea infused gin (recipe below)
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz simple syrup
water, sparkling water or champagne

(infuse four or five black tea bags in a cup and half of London dry gin for about three to four hours)

In a Collins glass, mix stir the gin, lemon juice and syrup with ice. Top up the rest of the glass with the water or champagne. Garnish with lemon zest.

If you use champagne, it will be a strong drink. I prefer the lower alcohol watered version.

I got a few more recipes that are especially good here in early fall.

Ward 8:

2 oz whiskey (any whiskey will do. I prefer half scotch and half bourbon)
1 oz lemon juice (fresh squeezed)
1 oz orange juice (fresh squeezed(
splash of grenadine (see my recipe a few posts back)

Shake all ingredients in a shaker with ice and strain into a chilled glass, a single old fashioned glass or coup is ideal. Garnish with orange and lemon slices.

Gin Tea Lemonade:

1 1/2 oz tea infused gin (recipe below)
1 oz lemon juice
1 oz simple syrup
water, sparkling water or champagne

(infuse four or five black tea bags in a cup and half of London dry gin for about three to four hours)

In a Collins glass, mix stir the gin, lemon juice and syrup with ice. Top up the rest of the glass with the water or champagne. Garnish with lemon zest.

If you use champagne, it will be a strong drink. I prefer the lower alcohol watered version.
Ward 8 sounds good,would do with bourbon only though.Fall time I switch to a lot of coffee based drinks,Italian coffee mostly.

Ward 8 sounds good,would do with bourbon only though.Fall time I switch to a lot of coffee based drinks,Italian coffee mostly.

If you're making cold coffee cocktails, cold brew concentrate is very useful.

I do not do too much with coffee and alcohol. I like the French technique of putting a table spoon of brandy into a demi tasse of strong coffee. I also had a vey interesting cocktail in San Francisco recently. It was an Old Fashioned base with some cold brew coffee and seltzer.

Bourbon and coffee definitely do have a natural affinity for each other.

Hennessy this weekend for a festival. Normally a whiskey guy but Henny is the only dark liquor that turns me up. :lol:

If you're making cold coffee cocktails, cold brew concentrate is very useful.

I do not do too much with coffee and alcohol. I like the French technique of putting a table spoon of brandy into a demi tasse of strong coffee. I also had a vey interesting cocktail in San Francisco recently. It was an Old Fashioned base with some cold brew coffee and seltzer.

Bourbon and coffee definitely do have a natural affinity for each other.
I'll try brandy and coffee as well...It's bourbon season and I'm struggling to keep up with all the new releases,killing my wallet :lol:

I'll try brandy and coffee as well...It's bourbon season and I'm struggling to keep up with all the new releases,killing my wallet :lol:

Well if you get a half bottle of 10 year aged blended Armagnac, it is not that pricey. Plus, the table spoon in the coffee, is actually a table spoon. It is not a euphemism for three shots. It's not like the little old ladies who want a "splash" of gin in their tea.

While Brandy in coffee is amazing (there is a French saying that drinking coffee without brandy is "like making love without being in love") I can understand why your priority is bourbon since you live in America's best sprite producing region, by far (you guys got to watch out, New England's rum distilleries are coming up. California Brandy making, on the other hand, not so much).

Picked up a ardbeg 10 on sale locally for $30. So good. Not the most Peated but just the right amount with citrus notes on the finish. Would replace wild turkey 101 as my every day drink if it were regularly priced that low.

I've done lots of experimenting this year but crown is still on top. Best bang for your buck is Paul masson peach, delicious and can get 2 people right for $8.

Back
Top Bottom