Went to a "Baile" Last night for my first time...

So My gf's lil sister turns 15 this tuesday.  She wanted to surprise her with a baile aka dance.  She purchased tickets to go see a bunch of Banda's and 3BallMnty.  I have never been to anything like this before and it was CRAZY.  I was born in Mexicali B.C , 100% mexican, fluent in spanish but grew up in Wine Country, Napa Valley.  I have NEVER seen so many dimes in my life at one place.  Yeah, your occasional war pig and butter face with da mass but still.  The dime to pig ratio was good.  I had da thirst but I'am a loyal guy and the current girl I have now aka mrs C-Blocker (atleast last night she was) is great.  I kept the urge inside, but I was ready to go yolo and do my thang.  By the end of the night, some Telemundo models came up on stage and they were amazing.  This event was in San Jose.  I honestly never thought I would actually enjoy myself at one of these events and for the single Fambs out there... GET THERE. Just don't wear your jays and foams.  Latina mamis all night long Chyeu!

Ay ay ay aaaaay! Viva la RAZA
laugh.gif
  (this is something I heard about 89374902378235 last night)\

-UNDFT-

my body was ready.  The rythm slowly took over.  Place was crowded!  The 3ballmnty guys did hip/hop type of music so that was different and I wasn't expecting it there.  My GF is 23, i'am 25 and the lil sis turns 15 on tuesday.  The drive after the event was not da business.  But all worth it.  Any NT'ers been/go to bailes?  Where da Latinos at

-UNDFT-

Not even to a 15 while growing up?

or a bautiso son? and your 25?.....Where do you live?..... No concerts before....?
Dude went to his first dance

a 15 , ive been to many times. 
Bautiso, many times
I live in bay area
Concerts, yes.

Baile..the structure of the event was VERY different from the above.

I was never into any of that stuff.. Grew up quick, moved out when I was 17 (by choice) and been doing my thing since. 

-UNDFT-

Oh yeah son many breezie you def have the baddest Mexican chicks in Cali in NY we have nasty Mexican creatures
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Mexican chicks in Arizona aren't to great themselves. But I went to a baile in Puerto penasco a couple years ago that was
nerd.gif
eek.gif

our peoples be getting downs.  I saw some dude after the baile selling tamales get beat up.  I shouldn't laugh but he DID start talking smack to the dude and his girl.  I would of done the same hahaha .  Overall, great experience!  Highly recommend to da shy raza who has never been

-UNDFT-

Haha I was there too. I did the sound for that event. I do a bunch of those type of events and the chicks always look good. Dudes look goofy as all hell.

Originally Posted by AusZero

Haha I was there too. I did the sound for that event. I do a bunch of those type of events and the chicks always look good. Dudes look goofy as all hell.

oh yeah? nice.  We left halfway through Larry Hernandez's performance.  Was something wrong with his mic? and that KNOCK KNOCK sound.....i heard various people complain about it.  Not to mention the random "weed" aromas every 45min lurking through the venue 
roll.gif
roll.gif

-UNDFT-

Originally Posted by Spookz312

Originally Posted by jay23oth

Oh yeah son many breezie you def have the baddest Mexican chicks in Cali in NY we have nasty Mexican creatures
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

laugh.gif
 damn right

you must not be looking in the right places.
EDIT: On a related note I learned how to Bachata and Merengue (at least the basic step) last night.  Felt accomplished. Phils Goodman.

Originally Posted by Retro707

oh yeah? nice.  We left halfway through Larry Hernandez's performance.  Was something wrong with his mic? and that KNOCK KNOCK sound.....i heard various people complain about it.  Not to mention the random "weed" aromas every 45min lurking through the venue 
roll.gif
roll.gif

-UNDFT-

I had earplugs in the entire show so I don't know.  For this event I just provided the PA, so all the speakers flying in the air and the subs on the floor.  His crew struggled to say the least.  There ways way too much high ended EQ'd into the system.  The one time I did listen was during the 3ballmyt set and I thought it sounded horrible.  Apparently hernandez has been firing fools left and right without lining up replacements so his gear is falling apart.  Thats why his back drop screen looked so bad.  So I image the problem with his mic lies between his ill equipped engineers and failing equipment.

3ball IMO is not that great.  They dont even have any songs..all they do is scratch.  hence the dancers they had...to add more to the "scratching" because there wasn't really anything else.  GARBAGE .  The audio on Larrys performance was awful.  the screen looked like straight trash and he has that cocky personality like he is dios.  I think the MAIN positive outcome of this event for me was the yambs walking around like nothing.
you stay out in Sanjo?

-UNDFT-

3ball IMO is not that great.  They dont even have any songs..all they do is scratch.  hence the dancers they had...to add more to the "scratching" because there wasn't really anything else.  GARBAGE .  The audio on Larrys performance was awful.  the screen looked like straight trash and he has that cocky personality like he is dios.  I think the MAIN positive outcome of this event for me was the yambs walking around like nothing.
you stay out in Sanjo?

-UNDFT-

Im based out of Santa Rosa

you stay out in Sanjo?

-UNDFT-

Im based out of Santa Rosa
I'am in Napa.  Hook me up with tix to these events! I gotchuu on wine/vip seated tastings/tours and so forth.
pimp.gif

-UNDFT-

Back
Top Bottom