Welp...it's over for Post Malone

I am a black man and I try not to use it. My parents NEVER use it. But they aren't American born.

I tend to say:
Fam
My Guy
Son
B
Pa
Baby Pa
Papa
Papi (if you Latino or Arab)
Dun/Thun
God
Money
Black
Bro

There's a lot of alternatives to saying The N word. Use one of em

He's definitely over, now. Matter of fact, it was over when Allen Iverson didn't come to the "White Iverson" video shoot.

I am a black man and I try not to use it. My parents NEVER use it. But they aren't American born.

I tend to say:
Fam
My Guy
Son
B
Pa
Baby Pa
Papa
Dun/Thun
God
Money
Black
Bro

Quality post

I tend to say:
Fam
My Guy
Son
B
Pa
Baby Pa
Papa
Dun/Thun
God
Money
Black
Bro

I'll choose papa.

White folks so it so awkwardly. Like sega. Lol watching too cute sega. So forced and not natural.

I am Nigerian and I've never heard my mother or father use it. My brothers and homies used to but I cut back on it. I usually say brother or basketball American. Jp but I try to say brother instead

Never felt Africans should be able to use it either.

I got my whole circle saying "pa" lately. :lol:

I mostly say fam, pa, bro, playa, slime.

But lets be real, that word is used like a bro or pa in NYC. And to be super real, its not a big deal in NYC.

Last edited:
Culture culture aside... He's just not good b

I'm the least person you'd expect to say the word, yet out of all my friends I say it the most. *shrugs* I remember one time this ratchet walked by My boy and me After he just said, this broad says "what if I called you a *insert racial term for hispanic*?" We both looked at each other, laughed, and said "we're not offended at all". I'll never understand the logic of some people :lol:

Last edited:

I tend to say:
Fam
My Guy
Son
B
Pa
Baby Pa
Papa
Dun/Thun
God
Money
Black
Bro

I'm still wondering what's so hard about it, and why anyone feels the need to use it.

Idk about all this, in the bay area everyone uses it like everyone and never once in my life I seen anyone have an issue with it

4gk3CmS.png

Never felt Africans should be able to use it either.

I respect your opinion. You know whats interesting, I went to the oldest market in Nigeria where slaves were sold/ traded.
Africans and African Americans are extremely different. The connection is severed. We are almost polar opposites and that is a travesty.

I used to have a nigerian roommate and a roommate from atlanta both black but it was like night and day lol

Everything.

are you black?
Nope, but used it my whole life until I moved away for college since the majority of people in my everyday life all used it until I got to college where hardly anyone used it and I stopped using it without even noticing until after awhile.  

Getting into the whole Culture vulture talk is a little sticky. When talking cultural appropriation, a lot of individuals are authentic, and it really is their reality. But some have adopted, or attempted to adopt the culture for either benefit or admiration, and they really don't understand of care about certain dynamics within the culture.

For Example: Kylie Jenner rocks braids, and fashion critics label it "edgy" and "daring", Zendaya Coleman rocks them, and it's a little too ethnic for their liking.

Do you think Kylie cares about the social implications that comes along with some of the things that she's doing? No, it's just a hot look.

Do other cultures borrow from other cultures? Absolutely. But in some (not all) of the instances, it isn't just an act of "borrowing" when your entire persona is built off of you hanging around T.I. and dating Black entertainers. Especially when you don't care about the race you're borrowing from.

I'll save a lot of you the trouble:

"Man, shut up. Let people do them."

"It's 2015 and people can be who they want."

"Black people need to stop crying, and acting like they own everything."

I think "culture vulture" ...I don't know how to word it. This is what I think an example of a culture vulture is: someone who acts and dresses like their favorite black celebrities, listens to music popularized by black people, idolizes black athletes, etc., but won't say or do a damn thing if any black people get treated unjustly. (see Bieber and Cyrus). I'm all for appreciating other cultures, but you should also have the basic respect to stand up for these cultures as well instead of just going back to your safe white society when you're faced with the problems that these cultures encounter.

Last edited:
I think "culture vulture" ...I don't know how to word it. This is what I think an example of a culture vulture is: someone who acts and dresses like their favorite black celebrities, listens to music popularized by black people, idolizes black athletes, etc., but won't say or do a damn thing if any black people get treated unjustly. (see Bieber and Cyrus). I'm all for appreciating other cultures, but you should also have the basic respect to stand up for these cultures as well instead of just going back to your safe white society when you're faced with the problems that these cultures encounter.
i wouldn't go as far to say bieber is a culture vulture tho ..

Back
Top Bottom