Well, it happened to me - burglarized last week (Memphis, TN)

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

Originally Posted by SdotRusherz

Originally Posted by Frische Produkte

I don't understand how some Ns can get away with stealing all that stuff, especially in a APARTMENT BUILDING??

I know it's mad early, but I'm calling Ducktales.
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm sayin though.. 15+ shoes? A TV? Imagine waiting for an elevator in an apartment building, or running down God knows how many steps with all that +%*@
laugh.gif
  (unless you just so happened to live on the first or second floor).. I don't see that happening. I have a feeling OP is exaggerating.[/color]
Son said they had to carry the stuff down TWO FLIGHTS.... That seems unreal.

If this story is 100% accurate, someone robbed him who lives close by.
nerd.gif

Think about it - I got a queen-sized comforter and bed sheets.  You know how easy it is to bundle stuff together and carry it down stairs lookin like a backwards Santa Claus?
I'm thinking fam.....

More than 15 pairs of shoes, a TV, TWO laptops, an XBOX 360... PLUS MORE?

That's ridiculous... Those dudes took 4-5 trips and !+%*.
laugh.gif

I don't understand how some Ns can get away with stealing all that stuff, especially in a APARTMENT BUILDING??

laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I'm sayin though.. 15+ shoes? A TV? Imagine waiting for an elevator in an apartment building, or running down God knows how many steps with all that +%*@
laugh.gif
  (unless you just so happened to live on the first or second floor).. I don't see that happening. I have a feeling OP is exaggerating.[/color]

nerd.gif

Think about it - I got a queen-sized comforter and bed sheets.  You know how easy it is to bundle stuff together and carry it down stairs lookin like a backwards Santa Claus?
I'm thinking fam.....

laugh.gif
dudes were probably like

bea5ao.gif

when they walked into OPs apartment
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sneakerjunkie

SUCKS MAN
coppers out saturday
time reup=]

They left my eggplant Foams, OG-retro Space Jams, 01 breds, atlantic Penny II's, Griff's, some Kobe's and my boots ...and my Johnston & Murphy's, hah.

Oh, and my Fendi belt that was just sitting on the bedroom door knob.

Originally Posted by soldierDRE

yo wat part of memphis you stay in? jus curious 

East, I guess.  You got any leads?
i dont but i reside in the east as well, i caught two teens tryna get into my whip couple months back....hit me in the pm

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

I'm thinking fam.....

laugh.gif
You're  forgetting that they're 9's. They could've put those in their pockets.
laugh.gif

But seiously, it would be real easy to put all of that in a couple of queen size sheets. I put 18 or 19 pair of 13's in a lawn bag without the boxes before

1st off: I'm sorry u got GOT
2ndly: don't blame da city ur loses homie. Folks got robbed in spitbucketgrassbegreen, ms......
3rd: u had 2 have been stuntin, and yea they were watchin u.
4th: wat part of memphis? If u was in my hood (orange molund.....which I doubt), be happy and grateful u wasn't home

It does suck tho....nobody likes to jus throw $$ away.....hate to hear it

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

You got insurance? I've been robbed before, it sucks, but we had insurance so it helped.

how do you get insurance on this stuff. alot of folks about it but, never really any word.  

^^^jus read u said east memphis.....where bout? Hickory hill area? Anyway it goes, it had 2 be some lil youngins that got u.......I used 2 live out there, and it "used 2 be a good nieghborhood".....now its jus young dudes claimin VL, shootin and robbin

My ex stays in southwind.......by the nike fac.? And people move out there cuz they think its "safer".....goes 2 show that even the nicest places don't matter when it comes to safety......I got a homie that's a pig @ da east memphis station off kirby....I'll hit him up see if he heard/knows anything
Pm me

Originally Posted by jthagreat

You got insurance? I've been robbed before, it sucks, but we had insurance so it helped.

how do you get insurance on this stuff. alot of folks about it but, never really any word.  
homeowners or renters insurance.

If the thieves look like the victim,  neighbors will assume they're moving.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

Originally Posted by jthagreat

homeowners or renters insurance.

do you add particular items to your policy or is it like assumed?

you choose a total value amount -- eg 50K, 100K etc.

if you're proactive... you can itemize a list and send it to them...and don't forget serial #'s

Extreme PWNAGE.

The great value of living in Memphis, Tennessee.  They broke into my apartment last Thursday and stuck me for almost everything - comforter, sneakers (all size 9), hats (all size 7 1/2), customized Yankees varsity jacket, HP laptop, Dell laptop, 8GB iPod Touch, Samsung LCD TV, Sony Blu-ray player/movies, Canon digi cam, Tag watch, Xbox 360 Pro w/3 controllers, Bluetooth earpiece.

Of the sneakers, they got (I made this list for the detective... as if it matters):
- Jordan I retro (metallic purple)
- Jordan III re-retro (true blue)
- Jordan V retro (grape)
- Jordan VII OG (black/red)
- Jordan VII retro (cardinal)
- Jordan XI OG (concord)
- Jordan XI retro (concord)
- Jordan XII OG (taxi)
- Jordan XIII OG (white/black/red)
- Jordan XX3 (motorsports)
- Nike Air Penny I retro (royal)
- Nike Air Trainer I (navy)
- Nike Air Max 95 retro (safety orange)
- Nike Zoom Kobe IV (Finals away)
- Nike Air Max 1 QS retro (red)
- Nike Air Zoom Flight Premium 95 retro (black)
- Nike Air Max2 CB retro (purple)

About 20-25 New Era's (all size 7 1/2).  Some from CapCity.  Yankees, Rangers, Devils, Jets, Reds.

The varsity jacket is navy/graphite with "Yankees" in script across the back w/a patch on each arm.

They busted the door frame in, stuck me along with 5, yes - 5, other units in the same building when no one was home.  No one seemed to notice.  They left my stereo system and my puppy.

People who steal are worthless.

That being said, for anyone living in this Godforsaken Memphis metro area, if you spot any of the aforementioned items, PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME.

what part of memphis do u live in?

Originally Posted by moundraised23

My ex stays in southwind.......by the nike fac.? And people move out there cuz they think its "safer".....goes 2 show that even the nicest places don't matter when it comes to safety......I got a homie that's a pig @ da east memphis station off kirby....I'll hit him up see if he heard/knows anything
Pm me

That's the place.  I moved b/c it was closer to my pop's, but you're right.  There really is no ideal "safe" place.

Originally Posted by moundraised23

1st off: I'm sorry u got GOT
2ndly: don't blame da city ur loses homie. Folks got robbed in spitbucketgrassbegreen, ms......
3rd: u had 2 have been stuntin, and yea they were watchin u.
4th: wat part of memphis? If u was in my hood (orange molund.....which I doubt), be happy and grateful u wasn't home

It does suck tho....nobody likes to jus throw $$ away.....hate to hear it
laugh.gif
 hes right at #4 lol the mound aint nothin to play wit

Back
Top Bottom