Wearing jeans after buying them: Wash first or no?

Originally Posted by ChampionEdition

and who really tries on jeans?
This.
laugh.gif

I'll go a 3-4 weeks inbetween washing jeans.

If they're not filthy/smelly, why wash them?

I don't buy high quality raw denim, just Levi's, and I usually wash them before I wear them. Between the factory, shipping, the store, people trying them on, etc. might as well just wash them.

i literally never wash my jeans. i remember i told a girl that once and she looked at me with straight disgust but whatever. i have like 8 pairs of APCs dating back to 2006.. i've been wearing the same pair since summer time around 4 times a week and have never cleaned them at all. i dry clean my nudies though, until i'm ready to just wear them until they fade.

Am I the only person that sends my Nudies to the cleaners?
Do they really look better not being washed?

Originally Posted by Diego

Am I the only person that sends my Nudies to the cleaners?
Do they really look better not being washed?
depends on the look you're going for. if you want to maintain that raw denim look then keep sending to the cleaners but if you want them to fade and look distressed, start washing them.

edit: i'm trying to get my APCs to fade like this.. this is his after 14 months and i'm at 6 months or so:

apcpr2.jpg

laugh.gif
@ "who tries on jeans?" You must have no body shape/wardrobe versatility to speak of.

Originally Posted by freshhh

^always wash my hands, always flush.
jeans just dont look the same after theyve been washed. but i mean once its gross i just move on to the next pair.

true story

don't wanna sound gross, but i rarely wash my jeans. i hate the way they fit after they go in the wash. [Kanye Shrung*]

I wash my jeans once first to shrink them so I can get them tailored.

and many manufacturers recommend washing the jeans before wearing them to avoid the bleeding.

I wear Levis 501s and i dont wash em, i just cop a new pair when necessary.

I like the stiff feel of the denim (||), so i dont like to wash em.

I dont wash them before. And always dry cleaned. I wear them about 4-5 before I dry clean them
nerd.gif

For those who have raw denim and haven't washed more than 6 months any ripes or holes?

If so not letting them hit water is the main reason

Originally Posted by Yoda

I'll go a 3-4 weeks inbetween washing jeans.

If they're not filthy/smelly, why wash them?
same here. just curious why some of you just soak the jeans instead of using soap?...

Back
Top Bottom