We Will Hear a Classic N.Y. Album as Soon as...

Originally Posted by mossman75

51PA3P2FZEL._SL160_AA115_.jpg
41XKY6HADEL._SL160_AA115_.jpg
61I8j9UtSAL._SL160_AA115_.jpg
>>>
41lbdnY3h8L._SL160_AA115_.jpg
21EM5QQ57KL._SL160_AA115_.jpg
51RRR6GZGML._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Plus De La Soul's first 3>>Mobb Deep
EPMD>>>
Redman>>>
Boogie Down Productions>>>
No one is arguing that...

But Prodigy is nicer than Q Tip AND Phife...

He's nicer than Posdonus

He's nicer than BOTH Eric & Parish

He's nicer than Redman

KRS is prolly better, but EVERYthing he's touched for the past almost 15 years has SUCKED BALLS...

Master Zik wrote:

That's the thing tho Nay the music they make that you're saying is asgood or better than dudes mentioned is NOT better. I like how you say Imight like 10 rapper's music more than theirs like what YOU'RE sayingisn't just YOUR opinion. You aint stating facts fam. Just cuz YOU haveMobb/P up there with the greats doesn't mean they are...

I'm not gonna put much more in to this cuz to me Prodigy isn't worth it. His catalog doesn't warrant this type of discussion.

I see this argument no different than when NTers try to argue Andre 3000 being GOAT.

Prodigy's body of work more then speak for itself... If you're willing to put someone ahead of him who's music doesn't compare thats on you... All I'm sayin is show that man some damn respect... Cause if someone else had a catalog AS strong as his they'd be getting that TOP 10/15/20 consideration... For whatever reason Ns wanna discredit Prodigy...

I prefer Posdnous, Q-Tip and Redman over Prodigy. Especially Redman. You want to look at catalog's check his.

Originally Posted by zube42

I prefer Posdnous, Q-Tip and Redman over Prodigy. Especially Redman. You want to look at catalog's check his.

QFT

Redman would toast P on the mic

Originally Posted by SupremeKlientele456

Originally Posted by petozham

P = Immensely Overrated.
^^^^^
eek.gif

i bet your favorite artist were inspired by the Mobb
You really think Nas is influenced by Mobb? Hmm...

I really can't understand what P/Mobb Deep has done to garner so much attention on this board, overrated is the perfect word to describe them. Of course they have a few great records and stand outs, BUT you guys act like every other song they made wasn't the same sounding beat with the same gibberish recycled lyrics from P.

I also don't understand how people swear up and down to P's  talent, dude would hardly rhyme lol. And when he did, he'd rhyme words that barely sound alike or he rhymed the most simple words. Where's the talent in that? Where's the wordplay? Metaphors? Syllable usage? Substance in topic? It's all I'm grimey this, I have elite status as a gangster in the hood that...He wasn't even creative with it. His flow was choppy and almost always offbeat, he had the same subject material, he was talking some Soprano *%%%, but was the least respected rapper and has been aired out more times than I can count.

These long +$% passages by Harlem don't mean anything. I have not read one real reason as to why he is better than anyone mentioned. Stating their catalog isn't enough as if that's supposed to sway minds, those were some fantastic albums, but no way do they prove anything that Mobb Deep/Prodigy were "nicer" than Nas, Jay, Pun, Pac, Ghostface, Raekwon, Big L, Redman, EPMD, ATCQ or anyone. You're telling me dude could outrap those guys man? Really? 

Also for the record, Mobb Deep is strictly a New York thing. No one outside of NY cares for dudes..

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
petozham wrote:

Originally Posted by SupremeKlientele456

Originally Posted by petozham

P = Immensely Overrated.
^^^^^
eek.gif

i bet your favorite artist were inspired by the Mobb
You really think Nas is influenced by Mobb? Hmm...

I really can't understand what P/Mobb Deep has done to garner so much attention on this board, overrated is the perfect word to describe them. Of course they have a few great records and stand outs, BUT you guys act like every other song they made wasn't the same sounding beat with the same gibberish recycled lyrics from P.

I also don't understand how people swear up and down to P's  talent, dude would hardly rhyme lol. And when he did, he'd rhyme words that barely sound alike or he rhymed the most simple words. Where's the talent in that? Where's the wordplay? Metaphors? Syllable usage? Substance in topic? It's all I'm grimey this, I have elite status as a gangster in the hood that...He wasn't even creative with it. His flow was choppy and almost always offbeat, he had the same subject material, he was talking some Soprano *%%%, but was the least respected rapper and has been aired out more times than I can count.

These long +$% passages by Harlem don't mean anything. I have not read one real reason as to why he is better than anyone mentioned. Stating their catalog isn't enough as if that's supposed to sway minds, those were some fantastic albums, but no way do they prove anything that Mobb Deep/Prodigy were "nicer" than Nas, Jay, Pun, Pac, Ghostface, Raekwon, Big L, Redman, EPMD, ATCQ or anyone. You're telling me dude could outrap those guys man? Really? 

Also for the record, Mobb Deep is strictly a New York thing. No one outside of NY cares for dudes..

There's NO way you could have been listenin to Mobb Deep & say that... Prodigy says nothing in his raps?? Are you serious... "Illuminati want my mind sould & my body... Secret soceitys tryin keep they eye on me", this is 1995... Ns is fixtated on that %%+! 15 years later, suspecting who IS and who ISN'T a part of this secret soceity... Hell On Earth, if you listened to that and the ONLY conclusion you came up with is Prodigy is just talkin about how tuff he is... There's actually ALOT of %%+! of worth that Prodigy spoke vividly about in his music, so to say he was just talkin gun talk is a flat out LIE...

His catalog is AS good (if not better) than dudes who are popular choices for these make-shift top 10 lists, you can't HONESTLY put Pun or Big L ahead of Prodigy, their all from the SAME generation and Mobb Deep, even then Mobb Deep was more well known, loved and critically acclaimed, thats why Pun recruited P to appear on HIS debut... & Puns 2nd album was wacker then NaS'... Big L's debut is nowhere near as good as The Infamous... Prodigy could out rap Raekwon in his sleep, you'd be bnetter off pittin Rae against Havoc, and even that would be debatable...

Mobb Deep has ATLEAST 3 stellar albums, and everything else is SOLID... There's no Nastradamus in their catalog...

NT is funny tho (According To NT)
- NaS has 5 or 6 classics...
- Jay Z Stedman prolly has 5 or 6 too...
- AZ is top 5

You guys just don't like Prodigy for one reason or another... You guys aren't saying ANYthing of worth that applies to the quality of music Mobb Deep has produces, all you guys are doing is talkin about Prodigy "not rhyming" and all this %%+!, as if the guys you're claiming to be better than him have done ANYthing this decade of worth... (with the OBVIOUS exception)

I've yet to see a legitimate swipe @ their music, you guys just keep repeating that you don't like him and how only NYers do (as if that takes away from the actual music they made)... All you're doin is throwin out names... How does Raekwon's name pop up in ANY conversation about GREAT MCs??

Whatyoutalkinboutwillis??

Apparently you slept your way through September 29, 2009

It aint classic, but it beats anything Prodigy put out after infamy.

With the exception of of HNIC2 which was decent enough, Everything P put out after 2000 has been laughable

Hell on Earth was mobbs last great album

Back
Top Bottom