We failed.

Im just going to say this:

The South will never mean what NY means to me.

NY brought rugged, knowledgeable, street-life experiences. Everything i related to growing up.

The south...well y'all taught me how to throw up, waste my money and catch HIV quicker than ever.

Originally Posted by 36 OUNCES

I knew that slavery line was going to ruffle up some feathers....
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Please do not take it serious....Just wanted to evoke some emotion outta y'all.
well played.....
pimp.gif

smh.gif
@myself for fallin for the bait

*smarten up*

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Im just going to say this:

The South will never mean what NY means to me.

NY brought rugged, knowledgeable, street-life experiences. Everything i related to growing up.

The south...well y'all taught me how to throw up, waste my money and catch HIV quicker than ever.
i gotta admit am straight out the south ...and thats funny..but we waste money cause we grind hard to get it ,and how it proves to be the biggerpopulation of aids is in california(no disrespect to the west coat)

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Master Zik

he sayin the south is makin garbage... at least they're making something... yall aint got nothing in ny but a bunch of battle/punchline rappers...

banks
papoose
millz (who signed with a southern artist)

all them dudes suck at makin music... they just rappers...

make MUSIC
This is just becoming a tit for tat type thread. You don't know anything about NY artists if those are the 3 dudes you bring up
laugh.gif

I don't agree with the other guy saying the South don't got classics but I can guess what type of southern rappers he's talking about.

You shouldn't be proud of any area just putting #+!$ out if it's trash.
im sayin... who from ny is doin anything in the mainstream besides jay and nas?
**#$+ that's your problem and your focus. You wanna talk about NY artists making good music I can name a gang of dudes.

You talking like the mainstream as of right now is being dominated by any one region.
im not sayin like the south is running everything im just sayin NY aint doin @!%*...

everybody got good underground artists...

like i said before midwest runnin @!%*...

Why is the midwest runnin @!%* ? Because of kanye?
kanye lupe and cudi

grin.gif
Sorry but that does not make u #1. Wayne, T.I, and Jeezy >> kanye, lupe, and cudi. The commercial success, mixtapes, and street anthems doesn't even compare
ehh they make better music...

trap muzik is a classic so is 400 degreez

aquemini is prolly better than all that %@@%

Wow me and u definitly have totally different definitions of the term "classic" and ill leave it at that

considering how ignorant u are i would hope that we did...

Yea yea yea continue to call names because your the idiot who has trap music and 400 degreez in the same class as doggystyle and the chronic. Continue to kickknowledge boy

trap muzik is a classic so is 400 degreez

aquemini is prolly better than all that %@@%

Wow me and u definitly have totally different definitions of the term "classic" and ill leave it at that

considering how ignorant u are i would hope that we did...

Yea yea yea continue to call names because your the idiot who has trap music and 400 degreez in the same class as doggystyle and the chronic. Continue to kick knowledge boy
You better be black...
smh.gif

2. SWAG (y'all N_ ain't know what swag was until jones started sayin it after every other word, y'all was to busy rockin dickies and fila's)
laugh.gif
this will forever be a staple when the "South"is mentioned. Its a few that messed it up for a whole region

Why can't y'all admit that every region makes good music? I mean, yeah, NY jacks from LA, the South, Midwest, etc., but these same regions jack from NYAND each other. You can't really call another region's music "trash", because there are always people who support that music, no matter whereyou go. It's all about personal preference. What you prefer varies from what someone else may prefer. Also, I'm willing to bet that quite a bit of youin here that call other region's music trash has never even listened to that region's music. I'll be the first to say that I'm not a fan of theClipse or Gucci Man's music, but I won't say the south is garbage. Some of y'all in here act like nobody in the south listens to Jay-Z, or nobodyin the north listens to Young Jeezy.

Also, Lloyd Banks isn't trash.

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

2. SWAG (y'all N_ ain't know what swag was until jones started sayin it after every other word, y'all was to busy rockin dickies and fila's)
laugh.gif
this will forever be a staple when the "South" is mentioned. Its a few that messed it up for a whole region

I have never owned a pair of dickies or filas.

Well I've been shaking my head since son said he's disgusted by NYCers who say "go ham"...and its not an "nyc" thing at all....famreally?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
That ++%% keeps you up at night like that???

And I'm from BK and go to school in VA...im home every 4 months..you have no choice but to adopt some slang whether you want to or not in that situation...

But I'm not getting involved in this ridiculous !%# thread...imma just hide in the shadows and keep laughing
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Cubs Davinci

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

laugh.gif
this will forever be a staple when the "South" is mentioned. Its a few that messed it up for a whole region

I have never owned a pair of dickies or filas.

If your from Texas I doubt you've ever owned a pair Fila's. When my moms first moved down their I came down to visit and I asked one dude why are theyso popular down here and he replied FOREVER I LOVE ATLANTA
laugh.gif

Ya'll some grade A losers for arguing this mess to the extent you are. Dudes in here talkin bout slavery and whatnot
smh.gif

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by grittyman20

Damn, I kinda knew that this topic was going to turn into an NY/South hip hop debate
smh.gif
That #@@% always happen.

N's rarely play the middle ground.

ohwell.gif

Always end up F- NY, y'all trash vs F- The south y'all trash.

I just don't see why n's cant embrace both.
Like clockwork.

Shout out to my N's in NY w/ size 26 Robin Jeans and Asolo's.

Shout to my N's in the south w/ size 42 girbauds and soft toed reeboks.

Shout to my N's in the midwest w/ Cartiers and Al Wissam leathers

Shout to my N's w/ high white socks, Nike Cortez and dickie shorts

pimp.gif

I'm done w/ this thread.

Hip hop was created in NY. So you guys making hip hop w/e the type of hip hop you want to call it, is jacking our style.. I really don't even have a problem with southern rappers.. The problem I have is with dumb %@# fans who don't realize almost all your shine and popularity can be traced back and derived from someone not from the South.

Yall are so quick to make this claim, but look at reality for a minute and realize that hip hop was NOT the first genre of music black people created, and lookhow much musical root lies in the south. Without Rock & Roll, R&B, Jazz, and Soul genres hip hop wouldn't even exist.

You guys couldn't sound any more ignorant. "My Hip-Hop is better than his"....Y'all all Negros in eh White Mans eye.

...And I can honestly support both sides of this argument...Legitimately. I'm from the South (Miami, which isn't really), and I grew up off of EastCoast music.

...The South has bastardized the culture, yet it is whats hot right now. Bottom line. And NY cats are salty, because their region isn't on...Although it isthe embodiment of hip-hop.

That is the argument, that is it.

Originally Posted by rocyaice

Originally Posted by YDBoUnCe

It's the least they could do after giving them HIP HOP to begin with

Yea but the South gave ya'll MUSIC. Not just a genre.
See you could have said the roots of hip hop. But saying the south created music is quite possibly the dumbest thing I've read on NT

But anyways I like good music from everywhere
smile.gif

This thread is jokes. We got dudes arguing to the death about who originated music and "swagger jacking", as if any of that matters
laugh.gif

It's quite foolish, really...

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

Spoiler [+]
kermit.jpg

laugh.gif

For what its worth, I chuckled.

SMH at you fools arguing about this nonsense. Why doesn't anyone realize that whatever side of the argument you're on, you'll lose because youlook foolish trying to impose your opinion on someone else?

That said, KingFoamNYC, please do your city and everyone else a favor and....

rrqkvm.jpg

Thank you kindly.

Back
Top Bottom